It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD Police Videos/stories

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Good cop story:

One of my best and most respected friends (many years retired) was an undercover Internal Affairs agent who served simultaneously as a uniformed patrol officer as well. He worked in one of the 10 largest cities in the USA for almost 10 yrs in the 1970s. He also is a decorated Vietnam War vet with major commendations (besides the purple heart).

He would work a full shift as a patrol officer, then go to the bars and other arenas where the crooked cops did their thing in the evenings, mostly dealing drugs. That was all OK until he started getting cases started on some guys closer to the top.

Then guess what? The Chief of Police called him in and wanted to know if it was him making these investigations. He kept his cool and said nothing, as he was assigned by the DA. Then internally someone blew his cover and it was impossible for him to return to his IA duties due to danger to his (and family's) life.

He was given full retirement benefits, and went on to another field of work. He was never recognized by his dept. for his highly dangerous work, and what it accomplished.

IMO one big problem is that some of the cases he was working on are probably still there, and high enough up the food-chain that they can perpetuate the corruption almost indefinitely.

He said there are no dirty cops; if they are crooks with a badge, they are the worst kind of crooks. But not cops.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Thank you for your kind words.
I realize this in an international siite and the first ammendment does not stand everywhere, but regardless, free speech should be observed on ATS by it's own nature. I just hope the next time someone torques me off I can remember that.
Seeashrink

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I repeat:

The author asked for positive vids/stories about police officers.

That is the topic of this thread.

Carry on.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As heroic as being in the military or police force is...

You're signing up to be a puppet of the state, for money, and you must do what they tell you to do.

And I can promise you, when TSHF, the military AND the police force will be herding you like sheep, just like the NAZI military and police herded millions of people into ovens.

So pick your poison, are you for em, until they have you on the railcar to the camps? or do you want to buy into the propaganda and believe that the criminal threat is higher than it actually is, remember this IS the USA we're talking about with the largest intel capacity on the planet, mainly the media. Remember 20% of the people in all jails, are in because of a marijuana related charge, which is another propaganda to make you believe that criminalizing marijuana is the right thing to do. Anybody that has smoked a joint knows that.

Sure we have good cops that are true heroes,AND WE NEED THEM, but they are working for a manipulated system. Just wait, the Japanese Americans know what I'm talking about. The system is great, until that same system decides you are a criminal based off of race and takes you from your home into camps, then the system starts to look a little more deceptive than what meets the eye.

Your race could be next..
edit on 24-4-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I have met some cool police officers. I have met their malevolent counterparts as well. The nature of the job of armed civil protection is that it attracts the very best of people and the very worst.

As someone mentioned before, the good ones are allowing the bad ones to operate. I am sick of seeing that video where some guy is being beaten senseless for virtually nothing where the bystanding cop is just yelling for the others to stop. Cops need to start treating other cops who break the law like they treat anyone else. Tase them. When the officer breaks the law on duty, the uniform should not protect him. At such a point, treat them like an armed suspect.

I want to see cops held to a higher standard than the rest of us. After all, we give them the guns and the tasers. As it stands, the good officers need to stop protecting the sociopaths.

As for an anecdote about something positive a police officer did....

I got a ride home from walking home from work in the rain after I had witnessed a crime.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
To the OP , thanks for starting this thread. I feel we balance on these forums and this to me is a good start. All we hear on the news is bad news and what charlie sheen is doing. its good to see videos of good people doing good things , so thanks !

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Good cop story...hmm

I used to have a very attractive female officer come into this shop I was tending to years ago (surveillance shop..I was doing networking for the main company, but this shop, a sister company, had their manager quit, so they decided to move my office into the shop and basically give me 2 jobs.).

She would talk to me for a long time...we talked about pepper spray, and she let me totally fondle hers. Technically they are not supposed to let anyone touch their stuff, but meh, I guess she liked me.

Another time...
had a issue at my duplex I lived in...the people upstairs were going at it and it got to a bloody point
I brought them over, they came, took some reports, then chatted with me for a bit. told them about how the upstairs neighbors were once friends, then they became problems..the girl basically stole all my wine

cop said he was pretty sure you can legally kill someone if they drink all your wine. heh

So, thats about it...its not a heroic cop did good, its not a bad cop did that...its a "cops are just people, no different than you or I" story
And since I know that, I treat a cop exactly how I want to be treated, and if I meet a jacktard cop, its not because cops are jacktards...its because that specific person is a jacktard that is also incidently a cop as a sidenote.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, at the end of the day, I think we're supposed to remember that cops are people too. Being such, they have often share much of the same trials each day as everone else within their families and their jobs.

I remember when I was a teenager, I was picking my friend up from work late one night. I parked in a spot close the the employee exit door, just like the employees did. Unknowing to me, that area was actually property of the McDonald's next door.

So, anyway, this cop shows up. Yelling at me for parking where I did, despite the fact the the manager of the Pizza Hut told me to park where the employess parked so she would see me and know I was there to get her.

This cop yelled and yelled, really for no reason. Later he left, and I took my friend home.

Next day, I go down to launch a complaint only to discover that he was attending his mother's visitation service at a nearby church. Needless to say, I began to get the picture and then went to the church to see him. When I arrived, he noticed me, and came to apologize. I told him I understood, of course, and that I now knew why he was so aggressive.

We actually became good friends, and still are today.

You see, when we're dealing with a cop, we're only seeing a tiny part of his or her day. We don't know if the cop's kid is sick, or they just lost a pet, or whatever. Sometimes there are so many factors we forget about the people behind the badges.
www.youtube.com...

I post this in jest,
edit on 24-4-2011 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
As heroic as being in the military or police force is...

You're signing up to be a puppet of the state, for money, and you must do what they tell you to do.

And I can promise you, when TSHF, the military AND the police force will be herding you like sheep, just like the NAZI military and police herded millions of people into ovens.

So pick your poison, are you for em, until they have you on the railcar to the camps? or do you want to buy into the propaganda and believe that the criminal threat is higher than it actually is, remember this IS the USA we're talking about with the largest intel capacity on the planet, mainly the media. Remember 20% of the people in all jails, are in because of a marijuana related charge, which is another propaganda to make you believe that criminalizing marijuana is the right thing to do. Anybody that has smoked a joint knows that.

Sure we have good cops that are true heroes,AND WE NEED THEM, but they are working for a manipulated system. Just wait, the Japanese Americans know what I'm talking about. The system is great, until that same system decides you are a criminal based off of race and takes you from your home into camps, then the system starts to look a little more deceptive than what meets the eye.

Your race could be next..
edit on 24-4-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

Good luck herding 100 Million armed American's ANYWHERE! You must live in a country where your government has decided that you should not be allowed to own firearms? Another unarmed subject who is mad because he does not have the freedoms that we do. I am an Armed Citizen unlike you who are an unarmed subject. U JELLY because I am not a slave like you? U Mad Bro? Yeah U mad!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
You know what, I am very proud to see this thread!
There is too many cop bashing threads already!
Too many people, everywhere, hate cops!

I have known a few not so good cops…
but I’ve known even more, awesome cops!

I’ve never been in trouble with the law,
I’ve always obeyed the law!

But let me tell you, the place I live used to be called “Bloody Breathitt”
No joke, it was one of the most lawless places on Earth,
You had a great chance of going to town and getting shot!
It was a real hell hole

Of course this violence was before my time…
But why did it change?
Police!

This place is filled with crazy rednecks,
If we lost the ‘Cop Presence’ it wouldn’t be 24 hours,
Before it would be totally unsafe to step outside your door!

Still no guarantee on safety inside your house!

So I salute our policemen and women,
Who sacrifice, so we can have a life…

I don't have the resolve it takes...
something about the risk/chances of getting shot at and possibly killed...
doesnt sit right with me...

but the ones who love it... God Bless Ya!

edit on 4/24/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Couldn't agree with you more! This is a great thread, thanks OP!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join