It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Have you thanked a cop today?

page: 2
15
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102
 
You posted videos of how police should act. It is too bad that all are not like them. And anyone that objects to the cop that was riding the skateboard, I say: it is far better to spend time with people in the community than to arrest them for no apparent cause.




posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think there should be one day (or maybe more than one) per year where any cop who got caught being a thug/tough guy should get paid back in kind.

Call it "Pop a Cop Day". Makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

PS: Note I said the ones who got caught. I know not all the cops are POS, but the ones that are need more than "paid administrative leave".



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102
 


Cool, thanks for posting that. That's an example of the type of police that we deserve.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Believe it or not, all cops are not power abusing monsters. I used to be comfortably ignorant, blaming cops every time I put myself into a situation that I ran in to them. Then I ended up married to a cop's daughter, and found that he was one of the best men I've ever known.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


It's really too bad that only the negatives in life get so much attention.

I DO thank the cops. They are people and their ranks are a representative slice of society. This being the case, the vast majority of them ARE good, but there are and will be those that are not so.

By the way, YOU try dealing with people all day, especially those that are or are trying to undermine the law and somehow make the lives of others a hell, and see where you're adrenaline takes you. It's a stressful job for sure.

And, No, I'm not a cop, nor have I ever been nor aspired to become one. I know myself too well and would end up on one of these videos that you're so proud of.

In short, I have the utmost respect for those that decide to wear the civilian equivalent of a soldiers uniform.
edit on 4/24/2011 by billybobh3 because: grammar



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybobh3
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


It's really too bad that only the negatives in life get so much attention.

I DO thank the cops. They are people and their ranks are a representative slice of society. This being the case, the vast majority of them ARE good, but there are and will be those that are not so.

By the way, YOU try dealing with people all day, especially those that are or are trying to undermine the law and somehow make the lives of others a hell, and see where you're adrenaline takes you. It's a stressful job for sure.

And, No, I'm not a cop, nor have I ever been nor aspired to become one. I know myself too well and would end up on one of these videos that you're so proud of.

In short, I have the utmost respect for those that decide to wear the civilian equivalent of a soldiers uniform.
edit on 4/24/2011 by billybobh3 because: grammar


Actually I'm retired Green Beret, so I know all about where adrenaline has taken me. I am in no way proud of those videos (except for the one with the dogs) I just want to address a problem that exists. Most of these cops are in no way soldiers, but bullied children with a superiority complex, although the best are retired military. I understand and respect your views. Thank you for your opinion.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


First of all, I'd like to apologize for my comment about your pride in the videos that you posted in the OP. That was just wrong of me.

Second of all, I'd like to thank you for your service to the country. Semper Fi!

Third of all, I'd like to show just one 'good cop video, if I may.





posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I figure they are just like any other humans. Ya got bad ones and good ones.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli

Police brutality is a big problem and seems to be getting worse.
I made this thread to raise awareness.




Great post. Thanks.

One reason the problem is getting worse because a large number of returning troops are getting into the police forces. A number of these troops have been involved in atrocities and have gotten away with it or were effectively under official protection for their rape-n-pillage conduct.

Also, reports over the last decade have indicated that gang members are signing up for military duty. Imagine what happens when these miscreants come back and provide combat training to their "homies" and also join their local police department. Who is paroling your neighborhood at 2 am? Who is that individual with a badge that is going to be stopping your 16-year-old after dark?



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyson

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli

Police brutality is a big problem and seems to be getting worse.
I made this thread to raise awareness.




Great post. Thanks.

One reason the problem is getting worse because a large number of returning troops are getting into the police forces. A number of these troops have been involved in atrocities and have gotten away with it or were effectively under official protection for their rape-n-pillage conduct.

Also, reports over the last decade have indicated that gang members are signing up for military duty. Imagine what happens when these miscreants come back and provide combat training to their "homies" and also join their local police department. Who is paroling your neighborhood at 2 am? Who is that individual with a badge that is going to be stopping your 16-year-old after dark?







Did you actually witness these things yourself? Or did you get your info from the media?
Because like I said above, I believe that retired military actually make the best police officers.
They have the discipline and self restraint needed to do their job versus some bullied child
looking to get even. I understand that is debatable, but I get the feeling like you are speculating
a lot here. I was never involved with any rape and pillage conduct and I find that highly offensive.
I understand that this is an open forum, so I won't let it get to me. Refer to my reply above and you'll
see where I'm coming from. I'd just like some clarification on where you are getting your information.
Thanks for your participation.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybobh3
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


First of all, I'd like to apologize for my comment about your pride in the videos that you posted in the OP. That was just wrong of me.

Second of all, I'd like to thank you for your service to the country. Semper Fi!

Third of all, I'd like to show just one 'good cop video, if I may.




Hey don't sweat it. It takes alot more than that to chap my a$$.
Like saying semper fi to retired army special forces.
I'm kidding. Despite the rivalry, I respect the marines.
And believe me, there are veterans that deserve that thanks more than I.
Good vid.
Thanks.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli
Did you actually witness these things yourself? Or did you get your info from the media?

Because like I said above, I believe that retired military actually make the best police officers. They have the discipline and self restraint needed to do their job versus some bullied child looking to get even. I understand that is debatable, but I get the feeling like you are speculating a lot here. I was never involved with any rape and pillage conduct and I find that highly offensive.

I understand that this is an open forum, so I won't let it get to me. Refer to my reply above and you'll see where I'm coming from. I'd just like some clarification on where you are getting your information.

Thanks for your participation.




Jesus. Where to begin?

First, let me say that I've done my tours. And to be absolutely frank, I don't give a rat's a* if you're offended. In fact, if you're waving the flag after seeing this utter disaster from the inside, then you are a big part of the problem.

Back to the issue.

Word has gotten out ....... is getting out ..... about our atrocities. Thru the corporate-owned media (despite their best efforts), alternative media, soldiers, congressmen, whistleblowers and others. Have you missed it?

Murder, kidnapping, torture, rape, detention without charges or trial, spreading radioactive contamination thru DU, collective punishment, theft. I'm positive this is only scratching the surface. If you served, you enabled these atrocities even if you were not directly involved. Another point for you to ponder -- it's false to believe that you can serve with integrity and honor -- when *all* of this is based on the 9/11 false flag.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102
 


cop doing a heelflip?! priceless.
i've always made the case that cops are people too as a reason why having them in the first place makes no sense. odds are, cops would do cop-like things even if we lived in an anarchic system. there's no reason to give the bad guys state-sanction and get out of jail free cards.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tyson
 


we are all a bunch of animals. why some animals get badges and helmets and guns and are told to "police" the rest of us is beyond me. i hate how people are so afraid of the world that we've convinced ourselves of their necessity. cops, armies, governments... all do more harm than good. war brings out the best and the worst in humanity, so does peace bring out the mediocrity? i feel like we could all use a little more mediocrity and a little less heroism and villainy in this world.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


The only thing that makes me more angry than seeing people in authority abuse their power, is good people like you and I, sitting back and doing nothing about it. When will be the time when we stand together and make a difference? I'm not talking April of '92 status here. I mean, when will we actually organize something on a scale that will actually change the system back to what it was designed to be? I've asked a lot of people this lately, and they've all replied by basically saying that they were just waiting for someone else to kick it off... Who wants to go down in history as a new founding father of a new America?
Peace and Love to all of you willing to fight for it,
Q&A


Cant agree more ... Cant beat the Fear of dieing... We need a leader.. some one who can stand up orginize us etc etc prob become another Civil war honestly.. But if thats what it takes to Change our Broken system then SO BE IT!


I for one cant wait tell some one stands up I will be right beside them for our Freedom



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The police here and Blighty are now getting out of hand. Their main job seems to be hassling motorists and young kids. When you need them they are nowhere to be seen... I openly confess that I have no more respect for the police force anymore as in the last few years they seem to have started acting like the governments gestapo.
For instance, look how they pick on a unfortunate passer by in London during the G20 protests.
www.youtube.com...
A few years ago here in Liverpool a man who had been stabbed in a park was beaten up by three police, two of which held him down while the third punched him in his stab wound... (no sound)
www.youtube.com...
And this is how British police deal with a woman caught committing the henious offence of sleeping in her car!
www.youtube.com...

And they wonder why good decent honest citizens don't respect them anymore!



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


Thinking back to all my encounters with cops... yes... I would almost always say "thanks" as they were leaving and then think... "oh crap, I didn't mean to say that!". Habits are difficult to break, you know.

Next time I am issued a speeding ticket, I will be arguing in court that I was not guilty because my speed was prudent and safe despite being above the posted limit. The law in my state clearly says a speed limit sign is merely evidence of a violation and that a safe speed depends on the conditions, which may well be listed as daylight, dry, and clear. I own a vehicle with a good breaking distance rather than a large SUV or 18-wheeler with much worse breaking ability. I will thank the cop right when he's on the stand if he admits my speed was prudent and safe at the time. Otherwise, he's a dishonest liar who I wholly reject as a legitimate authority figure.

Hopefully there are mostly good cops out there, but when I'm questioning him or her on the stand for their ridiculous embarrassing (for them) joke of a citation I will find out, and then report back to you on whether I thanked them or not during the trial.
edit on 24-4-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli
 


# the pigs and you



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A shame for police that a few bad apples can put a bad rep on them all. The police are people too and are not perfect, so it's no surprise that some bad people would try to get a job that involves having authority over others.

A shame that it's these videos that continue to lower the bar, with society being desensitized to this behavior and authorities fearing less and less of the repercussions due to the leniency towards the issue.

I'm not saying the videos are a bad thing, just that these videos and the officers involved should be made an example of why such behavior is unacceptable and why they no longer have a job, but this rarely ever seems to be the case and instead, most of these videos show how far they can go without losing their job.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainTrips
 


Thanks for adding that. Very intelligent.



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join