It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you shape smoke with thoughts? Any experience out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This will probably be my first "real" thread.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee69bf2f3cce.jpg[/atsimg]

First off, this won't be a long or extended thread, I simply have too little knowledge in the subject, so therefore I'm looking for input.

I was sitting in my kitchen, writing a little bit. Thoughts in the form of poetry, you could say, it's up for interpretation.
I was thinking of magic from the perspective of the law of Attraction and thoughts shaping reality, our external representing our shadow, the moon.. well, to me at least. Suddenly I think of Gandalf(representing Oden to me) blowing a ship of smoke(perhaps I was smoking something) in one of the LoTR movies, which prompted me to make a google search, after finding nothing I instantly thought of ATS.. someone here MUST know.. I certainly hope so at least...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d90473247e3.jpg[/atsimg]

So, that's it.

Whaddya say?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well there are smoke rings. That is shaping smoke.

I will say though, sometimes I have watched incense burning and it has made very cool smoke art.

That's my two cents.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I remember a few years back I read a story, possibly a post on this sight, that if you concentrate hard enough on dissipating a cloud it would slowly disappear and I remember trying it with mixed results, haven't thought about it in a while till I saw this thread, I know clouds aren't smoke per say but, thats all i've got lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm sure that there is SOMEBODY out there that would be able to do something like this. I believe that the mind is a lot more powerful than a lot of us know. It would be interesting to say the least. Have you experimented with anything like this?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Well there are smoke rings. That is shaping smoke.

I will say though, sometimes I have watched incense burning and it has made very cool smoke art.

That's my two cents.

Yeah, I'm able to blow smoke rings, I accidentally made a few, that's what prompted my question actually.
I was playing around with fire earlier, and I'm quite sure it 'danced' with my chi pouring into it.

reply to post by Navillus

Hmm.. hadn't thought of that, if you can effect the clouds, it doesn't seem that improbable.
I've played around with cloudbursting and I've been some effects, but I'm not very good at it..

reply to post by RainboStar

Yeah, I totally agree, someone out there probably knows. Some ancient art passed down through the ages.
Like I wrote ^ I played around with fire earlier, and I think it responded, I only say that because a friend came by earlier and I gave him a tarot reading, he couldn't concentrate and was playing with a candle(
), making it blow up in size and 'shake'. It was pretty cool, so I tried it myself..

I will probably start trying to do this, somehow... but I don't exactly know how you would start practicing such a thing in the first place so I'm kinda stuck in limbo.

Thanks for the input

edit on 23-4-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: Fixed broken smily.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
If you truly believe it can happen, then it will...

And if it doesn't happen, you simply aren't focused hard enough on the outcome.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You question is not far removed from another similar activity/event.
That would be the dolphins and their abilities to blow/create bubble rings.

Watch a video of them doing that. And while there are physical explanations offered for how they have that capability, you may come away with wonder if that is the whole explanation or only the one that conventional thought will allow?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am quite sure that you can have an effect on smoke.

First, after magical tradition smoke is an aspect of air. Air and fire seems to be the most influenced by the etheric - astral energies. That is one reason why smoky insence is used in magical rituals.
There are very interesting writings, for example i.e. by W.Butler ("This is magic", "Lower school of magic"), describing how you could summon ghosts -or let´s say etheric entities- and how they will (materialize) be seen in smoke... I have once seen such... really scary, indeed!

Second, you all know of the mysterious effect of cigarette smoke always going to the direction of the non-smoker.
There you have your law of attraction! (And as i wrote many times before: "The Secret" kind of law of attraction is an incomplete! The last step is to forget your wish! To let the energies flow into the universe, so they come back as a resonance inside the specific conscious field!)

To train this ability you first have to train your minds map (visualisation) and your will to do this. have a read in my thread series down in my sig, to get a more clear picture of it. This one... www.abovetopsecret.com... ...deals specially with the issue of how the consiousness affects the material and how to train it...
There is much more to say but i think this is enough for the beginning...
If something is unclear or you have questions, feel free to ask anything!

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

new topics

top topics

join