Awe Inspiring Giant Ant Hill Excavated

page: 5
182
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


That's amazing. I love ants, one of my favorite insects.
They build bridges out of themselves and they herd aphids the way we herd cattle, in order to harvest the honeydew the aphids excrete. Gross, but amazing at the same time.
Thanks for the vid;
Peace and One Love




posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xivinorum
Ants are truly hard organised workers even though they dont have nothing better to do still awesome.


Thanks for your reply i thought they were awesome also and very hardwired to do this feat of nature



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpitarius
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


That's amazing. I love ants, one of my favorite insects.
They build bridges out of themselves and they herd aphids the way we herd cattle, in order to harvest the honeydew the aphids excrete. Gross, but amazing at the same time.
Thanks for the vid;
Peace and One Love


Thank you Scorpitarius i saw a doc one time on how they did all that it was very amazeing there smart little guys



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


The difference being Ego which is mans biggest deficiency and Achilles Heel and mans downfall



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Fascinating thread. I've always wondered just how complex those ant hills could get. Perhaps we aren't giving them enough credit when it comes to intelligence.

And those who are crying "Ohhh the big-bad scientists murdered all the ants for SCIENCE! grrrr how dare they!" need to stop and think for a second. Scientists are not the monsters that you all seem to make them out to be, they obviously would'nt kill off a bunch of ants. Like the OP said, it was already vacant.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastidealist
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


The difference being Ego which is mans biggest deficiency and Achilles Heel and mans downfall


Ego over what a empty anthill sorry you lost me...



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Great thread, S&F. I'm always fascinated by the wonders that nature produces.

And I agree that the anthill was abandoned, because there would have been billions of ants swarming out the instant they started pouring concrete in, it would've been a huge ant swarm attacking the scientists.

Humans could learn a thing or two about cooperation.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ihsahn
Fascinating thread. I've always wondered just how complex those ant hills could get. Perhaps we aren't giving them enough credit when it comes to intelligence.

And those who are crying "Ohhh the big-bad scientists murdered all the ants for SCIENCE! grrrr how dare they!" need to stop and think for a second. Scientists are not the monsters that you all seem to make them out to be, they obviously would'nt kill off a bunch of ants. Like the OP said, it was already vacant.


Thank you Ihsahn
Im haveing a hard time getting people to understand the Scientists didnt go in and kill a zillion ants they made sure the hive was empty im starting to feel like went in and killed them lol~~thanks for your reply!



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Great thread, S&F. I'm always fascinated by the wonders that nature produces.

And I agree that the anthill was abandoned, because there would have been billions of ants swarming out the instant they started pouring concrete in, it would've been a huge ant swarm attacking the scientists.

Humans could learn a thing or two about cooperation.


Thank you for your reply Druid42
yep the scientists would have got eaten alive if that would have been an active hive to protect there queen ..I agree humans could learn a thing or two about cooperation



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


S & F

I've seen this video before. It's truly amazing. If this structure was larger and we spotted it from space on an Alien planet we would say we found intelligent life.

edit on 24-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You want to know who built the pyramids? Ants, ants, ants, ants and more ants!



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


S & F

I've seen this video before. It's truly amazing. If this structure was larger and we spotted it from space on an Alien planet we would say we found intelligent life.


Thanks for the reply Slayer

I never thought about it like that but your right.. this structure was big but it was all underground..



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
You want to know who built the pyramids? Ants, ants, ants, ants and more ants!


Sure a few trillion ants got together and built the pyramids
thanks for the reply



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by kro32
Very amazing...speechless

I agree about the killing of the ant's however. That part is just showing the human cruelty that happens for the advancement of science.
edit on 23-4-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)


The queen had already died so the anthill was empty the workers moved on so no ants were harmed thanks for the reply~~


Thank god for that, I was getting worried for a second there.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast
 


id like to think that this is the case hopefully it is. very interesting none the less



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MileHighClubber

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by kro32
Very amazing...speechless

I agree about the killing of the ant's however. That part is just showing the human cruelty that happens for the advancement of science.
edit on 23-4-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)


The queen had already died so the anthill was empty the workers moved on so no ants were harmed thanks for the reply~~


Thank god for that, I was getting worried for a second there.


No worrys
all is well at the anthill no ant..no human cruelty was done



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Now...if we can somehow control them to build our vast underground cities...

hmm...


and incidently, yes...humans can do this and more...however, we have individuality verses a collective mind. imagine the world population working together, none questioning their role, none deciding to do their own thing verses be a transporter, digger or forager...we could convert the entire earths crust into a freaking emerald city if we worked together.

The bible even states that (tower of babel). alas, we are cursed with individualism and a desire for something more to our existance than just a single task indefinately.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by MileHighClubber

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by kro32
Very amazing...speechless

I agree about the killing of the ant's however. That part is just showing the human cruelty that happens for the advancement of science.
edit on 23-4-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)


The queen had already died so the anthill was empty the workers moved on so no ants were harmed thanks for the reply~~


Thank god for that, I was getting worried for a second there.

No worrys
all is well at the anthill no ant..no human cruelty was done

HA

you think the queen just died of old age do ya...

it was murder!!!
(hides the orkin ant killing seeds)

incidently, ant colonys often have many queens...when one dies, another take the crown so to speak...

The only way an entire ant colony becomes wiped out like that is by unnatural means...aka, the queen dies and the new queen does not have time to injest and transform due to...being dead also, along with every other queen candidate (princess?)....

So ya...murder..but meh, its ants, theres like 40 gazillion of em on earth...as I typed this message, somewhere in the world, a hundred new colonys were formed with new queens

edit on 24-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


S & F

I've seen this video before. It's truly amazing. If this structure was larger and we spotted it from space on an Alien planet we would say we found intelligent life.

edit on 24-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)


just imagine if these ants had a another few million years evolvement.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ants are Socialists!

Why do you hate the TEA PARTY!?


Joking, very cool video!
Amazing in fact.





top topics
 
182
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join