It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awe Inspiring Giant Ant Hill Excavated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That is simply ... astounding to the n'th degree!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast
reply to post by jude11

i would hope that they would have chosen the area because a colony was in decline or had died out to a point where the impact to area would be negligible.

i hear where you're coming from. it would be a shame if a live, flourish colony was destroyed in the name of science. especially seeing as how nature as a way of balancing itself out and that colony was an active and integral part of the local ecosystem. (decomposing organic material, helping to spread seed, and harmful bug killin')

No ants died they moved on after the queen left so no one was harmed!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
That is simply ... astounding to the n'th degree!!

Thank you of your reply!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

WOW! This is totally amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing something so awe inspiring that I was also able to show my kids. Now if the "human collective" could only get together and construct something of this magnitude...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Gday sugar.
What a magnificent little piece of natural architecture.
It was amazing to see the immense size of the that structure. What clever little things ants must be.
This is yet another time i am in awe of nature and the beauty it can create.
Thanks Sugar

Peace.
meathed

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

But think of all the people that see such a thing, then the next time they start to kick over an ant hill or drown it with water, they remember that what they see at the top is but a tiny fragment of what is below.

Awesome vid by the way.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Ummm. I saw an ant or two get caught up in the cement and washed down into the hole. So I KNOW some ants died. Lol. (14 seconds in)

But it is nice to know it wasnt a flourishing colony at the time it was filled with cement. Im also glad to know I wasnt the only one cringing at the thought of all those poor ants having their version of 2012.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggalette

WOW! This is totally amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing something so awe inspiring that I was also able to show my kids. Now if the "human collective" could only get together and construct something of this magnitude...

Im glad you liked it i saw it and went wow i have to share this any kid would find this fascinating what the ants did was amazeing!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Gday sugar.
What a magnificent little piece of natural architecture.
It was amazing to see the immense size of the that structure. What clever little things ants must be.
This is yet another time i am in awe of nature and the beauty it can create.
Thanks Sugar

Peace.
meathed

hiya meathed

Im glad you liked it and they are clever little things i had no idea they were capable of doing such things as this ..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by jude11

But think of all the people that see such a thing, then the next time they start to kick over an ant hill or drown it with water, they remember that what they see at the top is but a tiny fragment of what is below.

Awesome vid by the way.

Rockpuck

Thanks for the reply
glad you liked it..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Ummm. I saw an ant or two get caught up in the cement and washed down into the hole. So I KNOW some ants died. Lol. (14 seconds in)

But it is nice to know it wasnt a flourishing colony at the time it was filled with cement. Im also glad to know I wasnt the only one cringing at the thought of all those poor ants having their version of 2012.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

lol yep there was a few left in there poor things but im sure they moved on to find another queen

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
That is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing that.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was a colony like that one every few hundred yards.
Everything we consume in some way displaces a part of nature, so I'm not going to mourn a few ants that have given so much to science.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
That is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing that.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was a colony like that one every few hundred yards.
Everything we consume in some way displaces a part of nature, so I'm not going to mourn a few ants that have given so much to science.

Thank you!
Im so glad you liked it i dont think its ever been shared on ATS and i thought wow ive had no idea that could even be possible for ants to build something that huge and move that amount of dirt..yeah im not going to stay up nights either over a few ants ..thanks for your reply

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

hiya meathed

Im glad you liked it and they are clever little things i had no idea they were capable of doing such things as this ..

Yeah i enjoyed mate. And was blown away by it all.(It wasnt long enough
)
I looked at some of that nest and saw things that resembled human organs, It was as if it was alive even though it was conrete. It would be awesome to have had a big glass tank to put a nest in to, and see a nest like that working in all it's glory.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

hiya meathed

Yeah i enjoyed mate. And was blown away by it all.(It wasnt long enough
)
I looked at some of that nest and saw things that resembled human organs, It was as if it was alive even though it was conrete. It would be awesome to have had a big glass tank to put a nest in to, and see a nest like that working in all it's glory.

That would be neat like a giant antfarm but on a huge scale ..I had an antfarm when i was a kid but the ants died i think i had it in a sunny spot in the house and it should have been in a dark area but hey i was like 7 years old lol ..at frist when i saw the video it looked like human organs also i went whow then i saw it wasnt but yes it was a fantastic thing to view

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Yeah Sugar, a big ant farm would be neat. But that would require one big farm, and 1 damn big tank!!!!.
I was wondering to myself, how long a nest like that would have taken to create? And what a nest of ants that size would need to eat ? Yes, I know, LOTS
But i wonder what would a colony that size need to consume for sustainability. The volume of food needed must have been enormous.
Nature is truely amazing.
And as i said friend, to see a working colony would be a memorable experience.

Ps. Im sorry you baked, i mean placed your ant farm in the wrong spot

But since you were only 7, well.... you can be forgiven

edit on 24-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I'm waiting for the day when something from somewhere else "excavates" a whole human town and zooms
it off to a far distant galaxy to put on display in some museum.
Of course that will never happen..could it?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by njl51
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I'm waiting for the day when something from somewhere else "excavates" a whole human town and zooms
it off to a far distant galaxy to put on display in some museum.
Of course that will never happen..could it?

I have a very open mind and ya know anything is possible im sure that( somewhere else )is already watching us

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Poor ants!

They worked hard at building this amazing city just to have some smelly giants fill it with cement.

ALS

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Not quite sure if this belongs in the Cryptozoology section; interesting stuff nonetheless.

..........Oh, uh - "second line".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join