It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awe Inspiring Giant Ant Hill Excavated

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Talking about how incredible it is, and how much of a feat it is... and how the ants are super... and you #ED it up and killed almost all of them, but maybe a few.. I will admit that of course this is amazing.. but as others have said.. just awful.. What if aliens came and filled us all with an alternative cement? Just stuck a tube up all of our asses and filled us until it came oozing out of our eyeballs and ears, just to test on us? We'd be pissed and horrified..

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here's to the millions of Ants that were displaced from their home, or killed, for science. I hope Karma doesn't exist Rio De Janeiro...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyouse
Talking about how incredible it is, and how much of a feat it is... and how the ants are super... and you #ED it up and killed almost all of them, but maybe a few.. I will admit that of course this is amazing.. but as others have said.. just awful.. What if aliens came and filled us all with an alternative cement? Just stuck a tube up all of our asses and filled us until it came oozing out of our eyeballs and ears, just to test on us? We'd be pissed and horrified..

The anthill was deserted for a long time and no ants were harmed..

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuisCyfer
Here's to the millions of Ants that were displaced from their home, or killed, for science. I hope Karma doesn't exist Rio De Janeiro...

The anthill was deserted for a long time and no ants were harmed..If your read my thread you would have known this..

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I hate bugs but scientists doing this killed billions of ants and destroyed a wonder that most likely took years to build, in order to satisfy their curiosity.

Doesn't seem right. IMO

Yeah I was thinking the same thing it's kinda sad that they destroyed something so amazing that would have had billions of ants living inside it but You have to admit that's pretty F*#%en amazing!

I Just hope they don't make a habit of this

But yeah dam truely amazing OP great thread

Edit: Sorry OP didn't have the time to read through the whole thread and see that you told everyone the hill was desserted just saw that now

edit on 11-3-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
looks awesome

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Nature is absolutely amazing. However, my first thought before seeing the cool ant architecture in the video was recalling that one MacGyver episode with the huge ant colonies. People died falling in. It gave me the heebie-jeebies and I haven't looked at ants the same way since.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

in the opening part of the video you can see ants running round one of the entrance's.
so i don't think the ant hill was deserted before they destroyed it .

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

WTF? HOLY CRAP! AWE INSPIRING! THANK YOU OP S+f
FOR THIS! JUST WOW!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
neotech1neothink
I'm glad you enjoyed the thread ants are assume little creatures! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

Interesting idea... the only drawback I can see is, to the best of my knowledge, cockroaches are not nest builders like ants.

However, I think the concrete wardrobe would work fine though.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is simply amazing, I absolutely love it! It is quite fascinating how such small creatures could create such amazing structures!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Amazing, BUT! They've just killed off the ants...

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join