It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post deletions is like a witchhunt/rigged election;)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So everytime someone wants to flag a post for whatever reason, it gets removed until the mods review it....ummm how about we get crazy here...save yourself some time...could mean 2/3 or more time for you to moderate other aspects of the site....instead of only one annoyed complaint...make it 3 strikes before you review...if its really outta line 3 people should point out the error in no time...then review it....how often do you review them and leave them as they are? @@@@@@Then when they are reposted the flags that draw peoples attention are swayed...i know its the USA, but this is not a rigged election....

Remember burning the witches...a person only had to mention they suspected them of witchcraft and they were immediately detained and well...you know....

Admitted your trials are more fair to us ATS users
...but if i was to flag an important post it really could make it fall down the ranks...Credit to the popularity of this site....but....the amount of new post is staggering on here, so it really does affect the outcome of how many people it may reach....

Peace...please dont delete me.....whimper;[

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If upon reinsertion it is places back into the start of the line...then i am sorry i am way outta line....

If it that way....can i complain about my own post so it goes to the top of the list
...ok i know i am being an ass....JK
edit on 23-4-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala

I have had a much differant experience over the years. Basically ATS mods get a post in the Mods-only forum alerting them of a problem (by way of the Alert option). Someone who is monitoring the forum goes and checks the problem post. If it is an obvious technical or T&C error (not quoting external quote or excessivly long quoting, etc.) The problem will be corrected on the spot and documented for other Mods to review if needed.

If it is something borderline or potentially severe, then the post is masked and held for staff review.

and sometimes nothing happens at all because they are all sleeping or busy.

join