It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of Law Enforcer's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I over heard the following comment the other day, and was wondering if anyone knew if the number stated is correct or what would be correct?

"A police officer, sheriff, deputy, armed federal or national agent, law/security enforcement agent or soldier for every forty people."

This number sounds high to me, and if this number is correct then what does this say about the US.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

This number sounds high to me, and if this number is correct then what does this say about the US.

Thanks.

It says that the US is poised to go into the final stages of a Police State.

Looking at the number of police abuse cases, the rise in citizen surveillance and deterioration of privacy, it's happening faster than even Orwell could have predicted.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

There are as of 2006, 683,396 full time state, city, university and college, metropolitan and non-metropolitan county, and other law enforcement officers in the United States. There are approx. 120,000 full time law enforcement personnel working for the federal government adding up to a total number of 800,000 law enforcement personnel in the U.S.

aprox 300million people = aprox 300 to 1 ...not 40 to 1

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by barkingdogamato

There are as of 2006, 683,396 full time state, city, university and college, metropolitan and non-metropolitan county, and other law enforcement officers in the United States. There are approx. 120,000 full time law enforcement personnel working for the federal government adding up to a total number of 800,000 law enforcement personnel in the U.S.

aprox 300million people = aprox 300 to 1 ...not 40 to 1

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

I think we have to bring into the equation that 1,426,713 people are currently on active duty in the military and 1,259,000 people are in the reserves.

When the SHTF, these extras will be on the streets as well as Barney Fife.

new topics

top topics

join