It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Slew of Radiation Links: "On The Road With Dutchsinse" (Or "An Apology")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Dutchsinse goes "on the road" to monitor radiation: An informative video -

And a slew of links he has provided to keep even the lowest of the low armchair critics (such as myself) up to date with actual data instead of aimless uninformed accusations. In other words, pay no attention the that "other" thread I recently authored. That was definitely a mistake that will haunt me for quite some time.

About Cesium:

www.epa.gov...

EURAD Forecast Models Seen In Video:

www.eurad.uni-koeln.de...

Human Micro/Milli Sievert Exposure Chart:

www.informationisbeautiful.net...

All Flexpart Forecast Models And A Fukushima Webcam:

www.woweather.com...

Civilian Based Radiation Monitoring Networks:

www.blackcatsystems.com...

www.radiationnetwork.com...

Japan / Fukushima actual measurements of radiation daily:

www.mext.go.jp...

Netherlands Radiation Monitoring:

www.rivm.nl...

Spain Radiation Monitoring:

www.csn.es...

Jet Stream Projection:

www.stormsurfing.com...

Even More Links:

Finland Radiation:

www.stuk.fi...

Radiation Forecasting Links:

www.woweather.com...

eurdeppub.jrc.it...#
www.csn.es...

www.epa.gov... (click on radiation update)

www.irsn.fr...

www.nucleartourist.com...

www.stuk.fi...

www.nisa.meti.go.jp...

www.yle.fi...

www.mapion.co.jp...

strahlenbelastung.wo-wann-wer.de...

Dutch Radiation Monitoring:

www.rivm.nl...

Swiss Radiation Monitoring:

www.naz.ch...

Finland Radiation Monitoring:

www.yle.fi...

www.yle.fi...

French Radiation Monitoring: (thanks to youtube user: RehKurts ! )

sws.irsn.fr...

www.irsn.fr...

Jet Stream Forecasting:

squall.sfsu.edu...

arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...

nowcoast.noaa.gov...

www.srh.noaa.gov...

edit on 4/23/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here is all your facts in one place by a Nuclear Scientist who is making a (whistleblowing) Public Announcement.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's cool to see you can show humility!

Thanks for the many links! More than a few didn't work, though. But I managed to get a lot of info and have a clearer view of what is going on around my place.

The site from the French is incredible and full of info, but I was surprised to see their map was only up to 2009...
It made me think of a thread I saw a few days ago that showed enormous spikes of radiation in the US prior
to the Japan catastrophe... They are hiding something major...

Magnetic field failure? Depleted Uranium's dust now everywhere? A major leak somewhere that has not been reported in anyway? An orbital weapon, as proposed in the other thread? ( I can't remember which thread it was...
)

And I also wondered about Dutchinse, for a while...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Number one say's all is forgiven
Now back to your water crossing ball

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
what can you say there...WOW....lets hope god is coming back around to put everything back together...gotta break some eggs to make an omlette...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Working Netherlands Link:
www.rivm.nl...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Working Spain Link:
www.csn.es...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Working Finland Link:
www.stuk.fi...

Last Updated 6/18/2011.

edit on 4/24/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: last updated

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
First Readings Taken

copy and paste------>www.youtube.com.../u/12/rMn4o2SjzE4

sorry above only brings you to web page ,, readings are listed on web page,, apparently copy and paste dosn't bring you too correct video,, for whatever reason,, used too.

edit on 24-4-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
4/24/2011 -- North Carolina -- Radiation Test - 124CPM @ grandfather mountain

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A reading of 1237 after 10 minutes. But 1237 in what units? The reading is a "total" reading according to the display on the device. Included in this post is a link to a site that sells the device with specs. Anyone know what to make of the reading?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/495a2672f375.jpg[/atsimg]

Inspector Alert
Handheld Surface Contamination Meter

www.medcom.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

That would be 123.7 CPM over a sustained 10 min. period. At an elevation of approx. 5000 ft.

I can see why the main media dosn't give anymore attention to this.
Evidence which they obviously have access too,,,, precisely because everyone understands that their are somethings that are not fixable. So just carry on.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I've read some info but those are from ground based devices. Are there any links to charts made from planes, for example in the nose of the plane to verify some of the prediction charts. Afterall maybe the predictions were incorrect and the amount of radioactivity is much more but also located much higher and might only come down after circling the globe several times, don't know if that is possible at all.

And would airplanes travelling over the Northern hemisphere have elevated levels? I've heard a lot of people bought geigertellers but also that those would not be suitable for measuring anything coming from Fukushima, I'd expect youtube movies with people aboard airplanes measuring with their geigertellers.

(edit) to add, I was thinking about how the dispersal would be like and looking into the climate of Asia I've found this chart showing the typhoon activity, hope it's all covered up before any typhoon season begins which should be in a few weeks which would make matters even worse. Or maybe it disperses the activity in the air making it less harmful, but I'm not a weather expert at all.

upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 25/4/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If you want more info about reading geiger counters, i bought on this website , they got a few good things, at least they sum it up quite well.
www.geigercounterkit.net...

"As for the geiger, it measure particules, making a distinct sound when it detects a particle. This method measures alpha and beta particles in counts per minute (CPM) such that a high CPM sounds like radio static.
Once the result is obtained Convert radiation in units of CPM to radiation in units of mR. Geiger counters commonly use a conversion ratio of 1,000 CPM = 1 mR. This conversion ratio is not exact due to the definition of the rem."

www.geigercounterkit.net

hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
ian.kluft.com...

On the other hand, simply climbing in altitude gives you less atmosphere above you to protect you from solar radiation. For example, in Denver, Colorado at an elevation of 5000 feet, you can expect background radiation around 35 uR/hr. It isn't dangerous and it's more than anything I've measured just driving around.

35uR/hr would equal 122.5cpm on that detector.

They measured123.7cpm

That is what you would call…….Um……. Normal!!!!!!!!

What a shocker...................!!!!!!!!!!

And next time, he shouldn’t sit a alpha/beta window right on a rock because granite and other rocks normally have some radioactive material in them. So, if there is any alpha/beta emitters in the rock it will push up the reading.

And just after a radon rainout, you will also see a higher alpha/beta reading from any exposed surfaces because of the decay products breaking down that was deposited by the radon rainout.

And another thing that has also got me is….. Since they haven’t been able to detect any increase in radiation in the US after the disaster, people are now trying to say that “Normal Geiger counters are not capable of detecting that type of radiation. That is why you are not detecting the increase”!!!!!

So, they are basically saying, “Don’t believe the equipment in front of your eyes, believe me!”

What utter freaking BS!!!!!!!!

The decay products from the reactor emit gamma rays which is the primary particle that Geiger counters are calibrated to detect!!!!!!!

If you have to have a Geiger that can detect alpha/beta particles to detect an increase, then you are not detecting radiation from the reactor. You are detecting radiation from radon rainout!

That is another thing that has got me when looking at conversations. When they are looking at data from a ground monitoring site, they see a spike in beta rays, but none in gamma, so the people say, “you have to pay attention to the beta reading that is the one that is important in this situation” Um…… NO GAMMA IS! If you don’t see a spike in gamma, then there is nothing to talk about!!!!!!

Originally posted by bob365
www.geigercounterkit.net...
"Geiger counters commonly use a conversion ratio of 1,000 CPM = 1 mR."

Um……. No they don’t………….

I can’t believe that even after how many times this subject has been covered that people are still quoting that statement. The conversion depends on the Geiger tube used in that detector. Nothing else.

The counter in question has a tube with a calibration of 3,500CPM for a level of 1mR/hr

(Breath in, breath out)

I feel better now…
edit on 27-4-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

top topics

join