It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMD Slashed 64-bit Microprocessors Prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
All you guys looking to upgrade your old machines will be happy to know that AMD just slashed the prices for their Ahtlon 64 Line of CPU's. So now's a good a time as any to upgrade!!

AMD Slashed 64-bit Microprocessors Prices
Advanced Micro Devices this week starts to sell its microprocessors according to its new pricelist. The company continues to penetrate the market with 64-bit chips offering them at more affordable price-points, at the same time increasing the pricing of its 32-bit processors before the launch of AMD Sempron chips.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[Edited on 28-7-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So what are better, ADM processors or Intell Pentium 4 processors?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
So what are better, ADM processors or Intell Pentium 4 processors?

Well I've been using AMD CPU's for years. So my opinion is a bit biased. But right now AMD CPU's are the best out there. They Beat Intel's high end CPU's in almost every test out there.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
AMD also tends to be alot cheaper than an Intel chip. A 2.0 Ghz P4 costs about 111$ versus an AMD Athlon 2.0 Ghz 2400+ which comes in at 67$. In the past I found that older AMD processors like the K6-2 would overheat, but most of the newer chips run quite cool in comparison to something like the Intel Celeron which I find generates alot of heat, at least in my machines.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Intel Celeron which I find generates alot of heat, at least in my machines.

Could be because Celerons are forced to finish instructions as they come without the help of additional cache.

top topics

join