It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bots of ATS unite!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I'm confused... What exactly is a Bot? Is it a computer generated program or an actual person posting? And why would anyone star themselves? I didn't even know you could do that.
A bot is obviously a program that automatically makes posts. The conversation has gone off topic a little bit onto groups that star each others posts. You cannot star your own post, you use other accounts or get other people to do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Im a Gobot..don't know if that satisfies you though.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If we're going to have captchas on this site, please make them the ones where you have to move a slider from left to right, or the ones where you drag and drop a shape to match the answer shape.
edit on 24-4-2011 by patent98310 because: (no reason given)

21 Best CAPTCHAs

edit on 24-4-2011 by patent98310 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Nice thoughts, S&F

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Having to captcha every post would suck.

But having to do it every nth post wouldn't be so bad if it kept out the bots and screwed with script users.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

How about CAPTCHA just to log in?

That should kill any bots that are logging in just to star posts like this DoD software in PT's thread is apparently capable of.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Identifying the sock puppets/troll networks is not easy. Can it be done? Yes. How? Mining.
Just to keep it simple.What the site operators would have to do is make the star and flag system identifiable.
So if one wanted to know who flagged. Click the flag and a list of names appears. Same for the star system.
This is how you can mine out the sock puppets/troll and their networks.

A method like this has been implemented at liveleak. Though I doubt that site is using a sock puppets/troll miner. I have seen the source for a sock puppet/troll miner. It was made in china.
edit on 10-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Can anyone show that there are algorithims present that makes someone a bot.

What determines if someone is a bot? What makes someone suspicious of being a bot?

So far all the bots I see running on the internet presently are poorly programmed. Usually are just spam bots. I have never seen any evidence for an advanced communication propaganda promoting bot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join