It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Emotional speech to Congress.....Revolution. Awesome.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just the speech with transcript located here.

www.ronpaul.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is Ron a religious man? He sounds like either Christian, Mormon, or some other religion that is good.

Man, someone in politics has a good ground and has over 2 million ready to back him up, his name is Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Thanks, Raiders, for embedding the video.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
Is Ron a religious man? He sounds like either Christian, Mormon, or some other religion that is good.

Man, someone in politics has a good ground and has over 2 million ready to back him up, his name is Ron Paul.

The one thing I like about Ron - is he really doesn't care about an individuals religious beliefs, he only cares about what the constitution says the government is able to regulate.

I know it bother many Christians about Ron Paul's take on homosexuality (personally I have heard he doesn't like it, but sees it as a personal decision)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
This speech to Congress by Ron Paul is awesome, he talks of the nightmare, the insanity, the psychopathy and the need to turn this around.....through revolutionary changes.

This man has some courage. I pray that he remains safe.

www.youtube.com...

Perfect!

It's enough to make any sane American citizen cry, and even non-citizens, as people of the world, no one can avoid the reality and the truth which Ron Paul has brought to light, it's as plain as day.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow great speech, Its like Spartacus soon be standing at the gates to free us

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry to be the wet blanket here but....I'm not a fan of the Pauls-Ron or Rand. On a LOT of topics they sound like across the board dyed in the wool republicans(and their voting records back this up)...they seem to have a lot of opinions of I agree with regarding the economy and making the govt more transparent and accountable,but when pressed on these issues neither one has any idea how to legally make their beliefs a reality. I'm not a fan of the two party system or the way this country is headed,but I honestly dont think I could vote for Mr. Paul is he were to run for President.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The ?

There's more wind that wet in that statement. Ron Paul's voting record does stand for itself. It shows he has never voted against the US Constitution orin favor of legislation that could compromise personal rights and freedoms. This can all be verified @congress.org/

edit on 24-4-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Strange days when it is a heroic act to speak the truth, a truth that is all too obvious indeed.

Read his book END THE FED and understand that he does not want to END the fed but merely allow congress to control it, or a substitute for it and thats a step in the right direction yet we will still have politicians controlling the printing press and as Paul says many times in his book, the politicians have let us down over and over again.

He doesnt even touch upon USURY as if its just what we do!

He also believes the lies that the CONstitution is the wellspring from which our rights flow and the document to use in order to put things back where they belong and that couldnt be further from the truth.

“Entirely a National Government”? The Anti-Federalist Perspective

Anti-Federalist Papers

Long live the Anti Federalists! Gone but not forgotten.

Time to stop looking for a hero, time to start being one.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
Strange days when it is a heroic act to speak the truth, a truth that is all too obvious indeed.

Read his book END THE FED and understand that he does not want to END the fed but merely allow congress to control it, or a substitute for it and thats a step in the right direction yet we will still have politicians controlling the printing press and as Paul says many times in his book, the politicians have let us down over and over again.

Well, doesn't that kind of make sense? The government controls its own currency?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

And therefore the money, at issuance, would bear no interest, for the people and the people's economy.

Obama's been doing it all wrong by borrowing to the hilt through the Fed, unless there was no other option at the time, but now there is.

Kill the Fed.

The fifty trillion or whatever it is for the unsecured debt, that's a meaningless number. No doubt Stanard and Poor's does the Fed's bidding.

US Debt would still be good after you wipe out the fifty trillion and kill the Fed, because money is based on perception, and the future debt, on true value and on the true value of the American economy.

Fresh start, but the WHOLE government needs to band together on behalf of the people to make this happen.

It would be nothing less than the resurrection of the United States of America.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It would be nothing less than the resurrection of the United States of America.

There is no 'going back'. There is only going forward. Figure out how to get from where we are to where we want to be, without pretending we can just hit the reset button.
edit on 24-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I dont know if recent posters missed my questions or just dismissed them, im interested so ill give it one more go.
What do yous think Ron meant by "we must escape from the madness of crowds now gathering" and why were his closing statements "we must prepare ourselves for revolutionary changes in the not too distant future" and not immediately?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Thanks for sharing that vid!
I haven't seen that one

what a f***ing circus the EU is

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
"..Ron Paul 2012.."

"..Ron Paul is awsome.."

"..I Trust Ron Paul, he's change we can believe in.."

Is this Obama fever all over again? Does anyone else detect the same "trend" already being displayed here?

Ron Paul is a racist. If you agree with that, fine... I don't. I won't provide proof. Any member of ATS is capable of researching this for themselves. My point is that he will represent the facet of the American population that the government fears (Tea Party/Conservative/etc...) and perhaps even quell the angry masses before an abrupt about-face in character. I think his campaign against the Fed is the beginning stages of the dismantling of the dollar, to do this, the Fed will have to be exposed to some point.

It would be nice to believe that he's not just another politician.. but I think we all know there are always strings attached.

Completely off topic:

I've been collecting old computers and monitors and dismantling them for the copper. Three computers and two monitors held thirteen pounds, five of which was not insulated.

Current scrapyard copper prices in my area:

$1.60lb - Insulated (wiring)
$3.00lb - Uninsulated

It's a bit time consuming but when you have 20 old computers :-) it's worth it. Paid for my rain barrels...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think V's speech is very relevant to this whole discussion...

V: ... I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of the everyday routine, the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke... There are, of course, those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now orders are being shouted into telephones and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?
Cruelty and injustice...intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told...if you're looking for the guilty, YOU NEED ONLY LOOK INTO A MIRROR.
I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War. Terror. Disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you and in your panic, you turned to (insert presidential candidate name here. He promised you order. He promised you peace. And all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

I can't fathom why people would believe that Ron Paul is America's last hope... I don't understand why people would put all their trust into one person... I don't understand why people of America thinks that changing the President would do any difference at all...

What happened with Obama? What happened with other presidents? Have they changed America for the better? Have they done all those "revolution" they promised you? Have they made your life better?

I'm predicting that the very same people who would vote for Ron Paul to hate him after wards if he ever becomes the new president.

well i really shouldn't be expecting that much since this is AMERICA after all...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Just a miscellaneous word of caution: be wary about who you put your faith in and who you trust. I'm not saying that Ron Paul is deceptive or untrustworthy, I support him as well, but I also fell for Obama back in 2008 and believed what he said because he was such a great orator with excellent charisma.

Even if Ron Paul is genuine, he is still only one person who is going up against an established institution that doesn't know change. And he is still only human. He is not a god or some sort of glorious beacon of change. If people want change, they will have to unite together and seek change... not depend on some person to do it for them. That isn't how democracy operates.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hand him an Academy Award.

I do not believe he would be any different than any other president in terms of being able to keep his word.

We all know they promise 'the world' then get in and realize, for whatever reason, that things are not that simple. A government cannot simply be 'flipped upside down' and changed so radically overnight.

I know people who like Ron Paul's message want to believe this, but what happened to all those beliefs most people here carry about the president being just a front man for the rich? What about that? Any number of emotional, elegant speeches should not take away the 'truth' of the matter.

Nice speech, but that's about it.

Speeches should not distract us from the blatant truth before us.

We need something huge, but that something could easily be used against the people. Maybe we need a natural disaster on the scale of something we've never seen before...to wipe out this mess. If the good would suffer for the bad, so it would have to be.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

Much better to read only the speech. It's much easier to logically and with reason interpret the 'speech' when it's not layered with background music and imagery.

In the book "Propaganda," it is said that politics has always been most likened to a theatrical event. I couldn't agree more. What Ron Paul just gave was extremely poetic to the point that I wonder if he wrote it himself.

So many people believe we have a 'shadow government' up until a man gives a good speech. Then, people get hopeful again?

Will people ever learn???

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Good Speech.

Ron Paul for 2012!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join