It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drones for Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
When Obama promised that U.S. planes would not be involved in the Libyan war, I guess he was talking about manned U.S. planes.

I guess there is a technicality involved when making promises.

When Obama makes a promise, does this mean he has to specifically state that 'Drones' and 'Robots' are including in his political promises?

Ah, the technicalities of bureaucracies.

US drones for Libya
Yashwant Raj, Hindustan Times
Washington, April 22, 2011

The phrase “mission creep” rang out loud and repeatedly here as the US military announced on Thursday it was using unmanned drones to help Nato prevent Muammar Gaddafi from attacking opponents to his regime. These are the same drones that the US is using to hunt down al Qaeda and the Taliban on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, and which the Pakistani army wants stopped, even at the risk of losing its ATM machine.

www.hindustantimes.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/23/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
drones kill more civilians than targets almost 99% of the time. it's not the drones fault, it's the idiots that command them.

there could be 100 people having a birthday party, and if the commander of the drone spots someone with an ak-47 the whole group is labeled al qaeda and blown to bits.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

Well, BarryO figured the EU could get the job done by now but i guess ghaddaffi has more supporters than the US would like to admit.
So they send in some ......"advisors" nanny's and the job still ain't getting done. so...
We insert our terminators, John Connor will die now.

Seriously these things are fine, they have the best Technology and never kill a target that was not meant to kill.
I would like to put an /end sarcasm but i'm sure that all of the folks who have been turned into hamburger by these abominations was truly targeted.
All that we need is for one to be "shot down" then we can go on in there and "protect" our interests and "defend" freedom!
I can hear the chants now from the ignorant masses, USA USA USA yeah let's go get them folks in the ...Middle East!

Yes i know where libya is, i'm semi educated, but the fools who propagate war are not.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Automation is putting the United Auto Workers out of work. If only Colonel Custer has been an automoton at the Little Big Horn.......

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

Automation has killed alot more than the UAW.
Soon these bots will be teachers, cops, checkers in the grocery store.
Hmmmm wait college courses online, traffic cams, self checkout.
Aww well so what it's good for the bottom line as none of these things need a break or time off for family.
So what if we put human beings out of work and ...."accidentally" blow up a few thousand innocents.
/end sarcasm.
Sickening isn't it?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Libya could be the first war in history won...or lost....by robots. Could be a historic occasion. Kind of like when WWI was the first war fought with aeroplanes and tanks and poison gas. Libya the first war fought with robots. And we thought 'The Terminator' was just a movie.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
drones kill more civilians than targets almost 99% of the time. it's not the drones fault, it's the idiots that command them.

Right up to and including the Joint Chiefs and the White House. Of course killing civilians is not and has never been about about stopping terror. It's about making new enemies.

Do these people represent you?

top topics

join