It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher Dimensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
HIGHER DIMENSIONS

Imagine you are at a place outside the Universe at a place where light has not yet reached. Now imagine that the light of the universe has now reached you and you see a point of light. This is kind of like the first dimension.

Imagine moving toward this point of light until you get close enough to begin to notice that the light is no longer a point, it is a flat plane of several lights. This is how to imagine the second dimension.

Now imagine that you have move even closer to the plane of lights to the point where you enter the Universe and now there is not only a flat plane of lights in front of you, there are lights in all directions (left, right, up, down). This is what it is like to be in the third dimension.

In the first dimension, there is a single point. The second dimension is a flat plane with the directions forward and backwards introduced. You have flat shapes like squares and triangles in the second dimension. The third dimension has volume and is introduced to the directions up and down. In the third dimension you have three dimensional shapes like cubes and spheres.

To try to imagine the fourth dimension, you have to try to find a new direction and a new quality of shapes. A 3 dimensional cube is like a bunch of 2 dimensional squares stacked on top of each other. You can see in this way that the 3rd dimension is an expansion of the second dimension. The fourth dimension is probably an expansion of the 3rd dimension. So how does a 3 dimensional object expand? Time. The expansion of the 3 dimensional universe is what we observe as time.

We measure time by change. The universe is in a constant state of expansion and is therefore changing on many levels.

Let’s look at how the 3 dimensional universe expands in terms of life. At the time of our conception, we are a tiny little sperm interacting with a tiny egg and we become a tiny fetus. Over a period of 9 months, the fetus is growing, or expanding, inside the mother’s womb. After 9 months, a baby comes out, and begins its life. It expands in various aspects. It expands physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and socially. The baby is not a baby anymore, now it is a young man working at a construction site. While at this construction site, the young man erects many different structures. He creates them. This is the universe expanding. Now the young man has become old and he dies. What goes up must come down, and what expands, must contract. But all is not lost, there is still progression because the young man left behind something. Information. Information was left behind allowing his predecessors to apply his information and expand upon it.

Eventually, the Universe might end and there will probably be another Universe after this one. The fourth dimension is the culmination of the entirety of the previous 3 dimensions over time. From a single point to 3 dimensions. From beginning to end.

Imagine a fourth dimensional being. Suddenly time travel and speed of light travel are natural. A fourth dimensional being might be able to be in any spot in space at any time. Fourth dimensional beings wouldn’t move from point A to B to C, they would move from point A to C. A fourth dimensional being would get to see how the universe is created and how it will end.

Now imagine the fifth dimension. The fifth dimension can be imagined by taking what the fourth dimension is, and expanding on it. In the fourth dimension, you have the expansion and contraction of the Universe which can be seen as going forwards and backwards in time. The fifth dimension is the first realm of infinity. Imagine that an event happens in the third dimension that causes a set of events to take place after it like a domino effect. If the original event didn’t happen, and something else occurred, a different set of events would have fallen in line, and you would be on a different path. This is a basic principle of the fifth dimension. The fifth dimension is the realm of infinite possibilities at any given time.

A fifth dimensional being might be able to alter the course of events and through its fourth dimensional awareness, it would know what that alteration would bring about. A fifth dimensional being could manifest things out of thin air. It could abide in a timeline that gives it immortality. Jesus was probably a 5th dimensional being. A 5th dimensional being could even go back to the beginning of the Universe and change it so that it would become whatever he or she wanted it to become. A 5th dimensional being would be revered as God.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Siddhartha Gautama, known as the Buddha, was born in the sixth century B.C. in what is now modern Nepal. His father, Suddhodana, was the ruler of the Sakya people and Siddhartha grew up living the extravagant life of a young prince. According to custom, he married at the young age of sixteen to a girl named Yasodhara. His father had ordered that he live a life of total seclusion, but one day Siddhartha ventured out into the world and was confronted with the reality of the inevitable suffering of life. The next day, at the age of twenty-nine, he left his kingdom and newborn son to lead an ascetic life and determine a way to relieve universal suffering.

For six years, Siddhartha submitted himself to rigorous ascetic practices, studying and following different methods of meditation with various religious teachers. But he was never fully satisfied. One day, however, he was offered a bowl of rice from a young girl and he accepted it. In that moment, he realised that physical austerities were not the means to achieve liberation. From then on, he encouraged people to follow a path of balance rather than extremism. He called this The Middle Way.

That night Siddhartha sat under the Bodhi tree, and meditated until dawn. He purified his mind of all defilements and attained enlightenment at the age of thirty-five, thus earning the title Buddha, or "Enlightened One". For the remainder of his eighty years, the Buddha preached the Dharma in an effort to help other sentient beings reach enlightenment.
Copyright © 2008 - BDEA Inc. & BuddhaNet. All rights reserved.

Was this 5th deminsion?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikester

Siddhartha Gautama, known as the Buddha, was born in the sixth century B.C. in what is now modern Nepal. His father, Suddhodana, was the ruler of the Sakya people and Siddhartha grew up living the extravagant life of a young prince. According to custom, he married at the young age of sixteen to a girl named Yasodhara. His father had ordered that he live a life of total seclusion, but one day Siddhartha ventured out into the world and was confronted with the reality of the inevitable suffering of life. The next day, at the age of twenty-nine, he left his kingdom and newborn son to lead an ascetic life and determine a way to relieve universal suffering.

For six years, Siddhartha submitted himself to rigorous ascetic practices, studying and following different methods of meditation with various religious teachers. But he was never fully satisfied. One day, however, he was offered a bowl of rice from a young girl and he accepted it. In that moment, he realised that physical austerities were not the means to achieve liberation. From then on, he encouraged people to follow a path of balance rather than extremism. He called this The Middle Way.

That night Siddhartha sat under the Bodhi tree, and meditated until dawn. He purified his mind of all defilements and attained enlightenment at the age of thirty-five, thus earning the title Buddha, or "Enlightened One". For the remainder of his eighty years, the Buddha preached the Dharma in an effort to help other sentient beings reach enlightenment.
Copyright © 2008 - BDEA Inc. & BuddhaNet. All rights reserved.

Was this 5th deminsion?

When you meditate, you enter a state of mental expansion, and you usually witness time go by really fast. This would be a somewhat fourth dimensional state of mind.

That's the best I can answer your question with the information you provided.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Reality consists of 91 levels of consciousness spanning seven planes of cosmic consciousness. This has been mathematically proven in terms of information encoded in what has been called the "inner form" of the Tree of Life. (It is also encoded in the Sri Yantra and in the five Platonic solids). Most humans beings have their normal focus at the third level (sensory world) in the physical plane, although they use the psychological faculties that characterize functioning in some of the higher levels.

Nirvana is the entry to cosmic consciousness ("union with God"). It is the destination of the long journey of incarnation in many physical bodies. It is a reality beyond duality, time, and personality. Its lowest stage is the fifth plane, that is, levels 29-35. Once achieved, evolution still continues but into even higher realms of consciousness far beyond even what religion calls "heaven," in which the enlightened being works with other such beings, as well as with angelic and archangelic intelligences that have their own evolutionary journey.

To understand how the mathematical map of reality is encoded in the sacred geometries of various religions, what other amazing information they contain, etc, study the research and discoveries at:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Where are you getting your information from? I agree that the first realm of "nirvana" is the 5th dimension. Where are you getting your information from about the 92 sublevels or whatever? I would like to read about these sub-levels.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I recently had an experience with a homeopathic medical technique called NAET where muscle response testing was used. NAET is used to clear allergies. I was highly skeptical, but desperate so I tried it anyway. Much to my amazement it worked. What amazed me though is how it worked. I'm an engineer by trade and like to know and understand how things work. Its hard to explain but essentially your unconscious mind responds to the conscious thoughts of your practitioner and feedback is achieved through the weakness or strength of your muscle. I tried many times to disprove the technique, but it always seemed to work. Ultimately the results speak for themselves and I no longer suffer from any allergies to pollen or foods. Its amazing.

Anyway, the reason I mention this is because I've been doing a lot of research into how this is even possible. I believe it ties in with higher dimensions and quantum entanglement. My theory is that all of our consciousnesses are tied to the higher level dimensions. Our unconscious mind has a direct link, but is not directly linked to our conscious minds, which is why most of us are not aware of it (save a select few with a 6th sense). This would also explain why those with a 6th sense can do what they do. If you did have some level of control over how your mind can access the higher dimensions, you would have access to the quantum world. Space, time, and energy all cheat Newtonian physics when you leave the 3 dimensional world.

Quantum entanglement experiments have proven that changes to one particle will have a direct impact on an entangled particle beyond any physical barriers and faster than the speed of light, which by Newtonian physics is impossible. Its pretty amazing stuff.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretAgentMan007

You should read another one of my other threads:

Space Isn't Real.

It makes for a good read if nothing else and might leave you thinking.

That's cool you're an engineer. I've been thinking about becoming and electrical engineer. I'm one year away from becoming an industrial electronics technician. They make pretty good, but that 100 grand sounds good too.

What kind of engineer are you?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm a mechanical engineer. I started out in the auto industry for several years but left back in 2008. Now I work in an IT program office as a systems engineer. The money is a little better, but I sure do miss working in automotive... Oh well, at least it can always be a hobby! That and researching quantum physics...
What a portfolio of interests!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Within you, is a universe more complex than you can ever imagine, and after enough experience in this universe, you will be able to birth yourself into your own reality.
edit on 23-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Have you guys ever read the 'channeling' writings of self proclaimed psychic Sal Rochelle? I'd be curious to hear what people think of it and why...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretAgentMan007
Have you guys ever read the 'channeling' writings of self proclaimed psychic Sal Rochelle? I'd be curious to hear what people think of it and why...

It appears, according to his official website, that he hasn't "channeled" a message since 2008.

I'm really balancing on the fence standing on one foot when it comes to believing in channeled messages. Maybe it is possible that some of them are real, idk. However, I do read channeled messages daily on "stevebeckow.com". I particularly enjoy the one's by "SaLuSa" and "Saul". I don't necessarily believe that they are channeled messages, although I am not denying that as a possibility, I just read them for entertainment really.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The more I research these 'channeling' messages, the less I believe in them. I about fell out of my chair when I read in the first post at the top of the page that the guy believes Obama to be 'one of the strongest Lightworkers on the planet today.' Politics aside, his brother still lives in a hut in Kenya. A $20 bill would more than double his annual income. He's a millionaire and president of the USA and his family members still live in squalor. Lightworker my rear end...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretAgentMan007
The more I research these 'channeling' messages, the less I believe in them. I about fell out of my chair when I read in the first post at the top of the page that the guy believes Obama to be 'one of the strongest Lightworkers on the planet today.' Politics aside, his brother still lives in a hut in Kenya. A $20 bill would more than double his annual income. He's a millionaire and president of the USA and his family members still live in squalor. Lightworker my rear end...

lol yeah

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You wrote:

["The fourth dimension is probably an expansion of the 3rd dimension."]

Just for the record: Why? Unless this is supposed to be the initial step in a series of dimensions, you so to speak pile on the top of each other, eventuall reaching the 'peak' of trans-cosmic alleged reality.

A rather unlikely model, and in any case speculative to the point of guessing. And if contemporary science/logic can be used to any extent in this context, it's contrary to your speculations.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I wonder how a fourth "spacial" dimension might fit in (not time).

There's some speculation that physical "reality" is a bit more complicated than the mere 3D objects we experience.

The fact that we can visualize 4D hyper-physical "objects" could be an indication that such things are possible (look at some of the hypercube, or tesseract animations, for examples).

The big collider experiments may actually find some evidence that this is real, but not so far, that I know of. The implications could be huge, basically meaning that there might well be a whole "4d universe" right under our nose that we haven't been able to see, because we're one dimension "short" of the ability to do so.

Hugely important is that this 4D universe might well have sentient occupants, that easily see "us", while we have no ability to see (much) of them.

JR

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Time may very well not be the 4th dimension. After all, time is relative to gravity and speed is it not? For example the variable for time cancels out in the gravity of a black hole. Mathematics also say that time slows down as you reach the speed of light. Perhaps time is just how we perceive our 3 dimensional universe.

As I stated in my earlier posts, I believe that our unconscious minds are linked to a higher dimension. These higher dimensions are just out of our perceptive range. Just because we can't hear a dog whistle, doesn't mean that there isn't something there. I believe the evidence is all around us that these higher dimensions are there. For example the electronic voice phenomenon caught on tape sometimes (watch Ghost Hunters to see how frequently these are captured). The energy medicine techniques I described above are another example. Quantum entanglement experiments are yet another. Anyway, I think this stuff is cool.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The reason I say expansion is the 4th dimension is based mainly on the nature of a hypercube. I also have, during meditation, perceived an object that I can only explain as a hypercube. It wasn't a cube thought, it was another shape, but it was like it was getting bigger and smaller all at the same time, much like you could imagine a hypercube to be doing.

Then I applied that to a grander scale (the universe) and speculated that perhaps the 4th dimension is this place outside of time and space where things can be all sizes and at all times at the same time. It's as if, in the 4th dimension, what you know as time and space are not even real. It's not real because in a strange way, everything is one thing at all times and in all of space and is not limited to specific times or spaces. I really do believe this is the case. However evasive to our daily perceptions it may be, it is still perceivable. Maybe not quantifiable yet, but perceivable. That's why this is in the philosophy and metaphysics forum.

top topics

join