It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sure i saw The Rendlesham Forest UFO. My Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
On the night of December 24th 1980, my wife and i her brother and his wife where on our way for an evening celebration as it was my wife's birthday. We had decided to go to a restaurant in the town of Henley-In-Arden Warwickshire. The time was around 8.00 pm as we set off along the A34 road out of south Birmingham. This was a route that we had traveled on numerous occasions. As we cleared the city and drove into the countryside the buildings where replaced by open farm fields. I was sitting in the rear of the car on the near side with my wife next to me. My brother-in-law was driving with his wife next to him in the front passenger seat.
After traveling for about 10 minuites in the countryside i happen to glace at an open field on my left hand side. What i saw just transfixed me. In the far side of the field ( i would estimate about 300 yards from my position) was what i could only describe as a "Craft" It was about 50 feet across and about 9 feet high. It was cone shaped and was giving off what i would describe as a "mother of pearl" effect. It was changing colour from red to blue to green to white. There are two things to bear in mind here:-

1) it was about 8.25 pm and in December the night is pitch dark so what i saw was very prominent against the blackness of the surroundings.
2) I had traveled this route on numerous occasions over many years and i knew from past experience that there are no buildings, outhouses etc in those fields. That's why my attention was fixed as i did not expect anything to be there.

We continued on the journey toward Henley-In-Arden and no one had utter a word within the car during the period i had made the "sighting" we where all quite. However about one and a half mile further along the road my brother-in-law suddenly said aloud "You will never guess what i think i saw in one of the fields back there?" Within unison all three of us replied "a ufo". My brother-in-law said "I am going to stop, turn around and go back and have a look" We all agreed. We returned to the location and.........nothing. It had gone.

Some years later i was watching on TV a documentary about the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident which occurred over Christmas 1980. When the UFO was described by people who had witnessed it at Rendlesham, they where in fact describing the EXACT "Craft" that four other people had seen in Warwickshire on December 24th 1980.

I hope my story may be of interest to some on here.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was stationed at RAF Bentwaters around that time. You would NOT believe the similar accounts from others. I personally saw nothing. At that time, at that age, I was at the NCO club trying to get lucky.

(and epically failing)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
epic fail your route doesnt go anywhere near rendlesham AT ALL and living near there i would know heres a link to show a example route and then see where rendlesham is and its miles away, you might of seen a UFO but deffintly not at rendlesham forest.

maps.google.co.uk...
edit on 23-4-2011 by djpigz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by djpigz

Did you read what i said? I did not say at anytime i was near Redlesham. I stated that what we saw was in WARWICKSHIRE which is nearly 200 miles away from Rendlesham. My point was, what we saw was the SAME craft that appeared at Rendlesham the following two nights. Next time READ what i said before making a stupid comment.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Thank you for your report. However, the description you gave is inconsistent with USAF SSgt Jim Penniston's official witness statement in 1980 (declassified in 1998 under the FOIA): "Size: 9ft / 2.8m long, 7-8ft / 2.5m high. Fabric: black, smooth, glass-like. Bluish/white glow underneath the UFO, red blinking light on top. No sound.
www.hyper.net...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Thank you for your reply. Two points i would make:-

1) We where about 300 yards away from the "Craft" so close up detail was not possible.

2) The lighting of the "Craft" was changing colour. Yes it did have a blue/white colour change along with red/green. The red may have been the blinking light. As for the green? If this was indeed a "Craft" was another world then we have no idea what these colour changes indicate and what sequence of colours they go through at any given time.
Thank you again for your input.

As a footnote, i heard a story on a UFO forum many years ago that the Rendelsham UFO may have also been sighted on the same evening (December 24th 1980) by a truck driver near the MI Motorway in Nottinghamshire. That would put it about 200 miles north of Rendlesham. We spotted it in Warwickshire which is around 200 miles NW of Rendlesham.

new topics

top topics

join