It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Soon To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facility?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
According to the headlines, Iran has resumed testing at their reactor.

The US Army 2nd Infantry Div. is shipping tanks to Iraq and rotating personnel in. The 3rd ID has received orders to return to Iraq and two additional aircraft carriers are en route to the Persian Gulf if not already there. Sounds like things are cooking to me.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Let us remember in this disussion that Israel and Iran cannot engage in a ground conflict because they do not share a border. In order for Iran to do anthing of real effect they would need to get to Israel. For this they have only 2 options. 1 invade Iraq. There are some pretty obvious reasons why they cannot and will not do that. 2 ferry their army by sea and air to their semi-ally Syria and attack Israel from Lebanon. Jordan nor Egypt would want anything to do with an Iranian invasion so count them out. Iran does not have the navy to move large numbers of troops by sea, not to mention what the US fleet would do to what they do have, and their air force does not have sufficient lift capability to move an army by air.

Hence any Iranian response would be limited to a few scud type missiles fired at Israel. We saw in gulf war I what that did, practically nothing. I am not saying that Iran cannot do things to hurt the peace in the middle east but a full scale retaliation is not yet within their reach. The only way they could truly impact Israel is if they get a nuke or two from NK or Pakistan and lob that in Israels direction. This, at the moment, seems improbable.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think Iraq has the second largest known oiled filed in the world and as we speak, US is the only country profiting from this, so they are making a military base there to make sure it is gonna stay that way.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Hence any Iranian response would be limited to a few scud type missiles fired at Israel. We saw in gulf war I what that did, practically nothing. I am not saying that Iran cannot do things to hurt the peace in the middle east but a full scale retaliation is not yet within their reach. The only way they could truly impact Israel is if they get a nuke or two from NK or Pakistan and lob that in Israels direction. This, at the moment, seems improbable.

my friend search on the internet under Shahab 3 and 4 and you will find out that if israel ever attack iran, there would be the rain of these missiles on israeil.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

As mentioned, Iran does have some missiles that could reach Isreal. However, most are likely to be blown out of the sky with the improved system recently put into place (far better than Patriot)... The real danger lies in the few nukes it is thought Iran possesses after the shakeup of the Soviet Union a while back.... Excellent observations on the land war invasion scenario....

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

As mentioned, Iran does have some missiles that could reach Isreal. However, most are likely to be blown out of the sky with the improved system recently put into place (far better than Patriot)... The real danger lies in the few nukes it is thought Iran possesses after the shakeup of the Soviet Union a while back.... Excellent observations on the land war invasion scenario....

thats what US said in 1991 when iraq wanted to fired Scud missiles into Israel and they they said our Patriot missiles will protect israel. from three dozen Scud missiles that Saddam fired into Israel guess how many of them was destroyed by these Patriot missiles ??? only one.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by persian]

[edit on 29-7-2004 by persian]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
OK, people let me set some things straight here:

Israel will attack Iran's nuclear reactors within a few months. They will have approval and backing from the US. Nobody will know anything about the strikes until they happen. One of the Israelis greatest strengths is the fact that they can keep a secret and they're excellent political and diplomatical tacticians.

Iran will not dare to retaliate, no Shihab 2 or 3, no nothing. They know very well the implications of attacking Israel. It will mean the end of the Iranian people. In the offchance that the Iranians do launch their so-called ICBM's, Israel currently has the best anti-ICBM tactical missile in the world, the Arrow tactical missile system. Just yesterday a full-blown test was done on a scud. The entire test was in Los Angeles, US. It was entirely successful and you can be sure that when the time comes the Arrow will perform. Unlike that little mishap with the Patriot back in the Gulf war. One must remember though that the patriot that was used in the gulf was purely designated as an anti-aircraft and not anti-SS missiles. Even so, you must remember that the patriot has been upgraded since by the US. So now the Israelis have the most advanced homeland defense system in the world, complete with the Arrow and the upgraded Patriot, both have proven themselves worthy.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So what if the Arrow or Patriot intercepts a missile? The Scuds were intercepted but the problem is a missile can't be killed like an aircraft can. The defense missile hits and airplane and smashes it apart - game over. But a defense missile hits a missile or a warhead that's already over the targeted area moving five times the speed of sound and the missile or warhead detonates anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Johannmon makes a point. What if Iran ALREADY HAS NUKES? Israel might
pre-emptively attack Iran & Iran might fight back - both with Conventional Weapons - but the Minute any side uses a Nuke the other side will use the Strongest thing they have - ether a Nuke (Mutually Assured Destruction applies to those Countries as much as it did to the U.S. & Soviet Union) Or Raining Biological Virus Poison.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Every Israeli is issued a gas mask shortly after birth, and urged to prepare for a possible gas attack. Israel is perhaps the best pepared country in the world when it comes to a chemical and bio. weapon attack. A nuke on the other hand is a different matter and I think thats why Iran wants it so bad.

Cipro never cured anyone hit with a atomic bomb

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Every Israeli is issued a gas mask shortly after birth,

The special baby shield is a clear plastic contraption that covers the torso and head of the child. Masks are made in three sizes

Since Knesset in 2003 vowed to hit back unilaterally should Iraq send any of his weapons our way, Home Front Command ordered all Israelis to to replace black gas masks (from the early 1990s ) with new model (Sapphire-style masks, which include a hood and an air ventilation system).

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is so sad - your Religions seem to be a Detriment to your Civilization - not a Benefit - why even bother anymore?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Iran has the largest stock pile of comical and biological weapons in the Middle East. Israel will never use their nuke on Iran cause guess what happen if they do.

1) If Iran had the largest stock pile of "comical" and biological weapons in the Middle East, then Israel would have vaporized them a LONG time ago. This is probably another one of your "roomers".

2) A retaliation by Iran?
this is the most retarded thing i've ever heard!!! which Arab country, in their right state of mind, would dare challenge a country with the best Air Force in the world. Not to mention that they're also in possession of over 250 nukes!!!(more than the UK)
I'm sorry, but Iran has to be suicidal in order for them to attack Israel.

3) Suppose Iran is dumb enough and attacks Israel. There's only three ways to attack Israel. A) Scud missiles B) air strike C) amphibious landing

3A) Scuds have probably 10% accuracy or less. They're useless. However, the consequenses for using Scuds..."Breaking News - Iran is Vaporized!!!"

3B) Israel has Air Superiority over the Middle-Eastern Airspace. An air strike against the IAF is a really bad idea, but look at the bright side! The only consequence is that Iran will lose its entire Air Force...

3C) Amphibious landing? That's worst than being blonde!!! By the time Iran gets its Navy out of the Persian Gulf(and pass the American Navy Fleet), I'm sure Israel would be waiting for them. Don't expect a happy ending!!!

It's clearly impossible for Iran to launch a succesful attack against Israel.
CASE CLOSED!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto

1) If Iran had the largest stock pile of "comical" and biological weapons in the Middle East, then Israel would have vaporized them a LONG time ago. This is probably another one of your "roomers".

Well, Iran certainly has a substantial stockpile of chemical weapons. That has been the case for two decades now. Bio weapons is apparently less certain. They have developed them, but apparently not produced large quantities.

See: GlobalSecurity.org Iran Special Weapons Guide

CASE CLOSED!!!

Yes, I think this is true. However, I think there will be a subtantial price to pay in regional stability when this happens. The Israelis will have had Kurdish and American support (or at least America will have looked the other way) to accomplish this. That can only inflame the situation in Iraq.

OTOH, there really isn't an alternative option, unless the Iranians can be persuaded to give up their nuclear ambitions.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I read somwhere the target list goes like this;

Iran
Syria
Uzbekisatan

pretty scary stuff.....

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This article gives more of an idea of how Israel can defend itself in such a situation, and reasons why Iran may not retaliate.

www.stevequayle.com...

I think that the US would take an active part in the strike, but with a less overt approach than stated before. I don't think Israel would be able to go after the reactors independently without sustaining unacceptable losses to their air force. OK, Iran's air defenses may not be as up to date as the rest of the world's powers, but certainly they are better equipped to defend themselves than Iraq was when it's reactor was taken out. The US would use jammers and stealth bombers/ fighters to clear the way for Israel's air force, probably coordinated with an Israeli cruise missile strike.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

thats what US said in 1991 when iraq wanted to fired Scud missiles into Israel and they they said our Patriot missiles will protect israel. from three dozen Scud missiles that Saddam fired into Israel guess how many of them was destroyed by these Patriot missiles ??? only one.

Right..as most of them fell nowhere anyhow...
And I did say much better than Patriot. It isn't even the same equipment or tech, but a MUCH more advanced version.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Iran has the largest stock pile of comical and biological weapons in the Middle East. Israel will never use their nuke on Iran cause guess what happen if they do.

1)If Iran had the largest stock pile of "comical" and biological weapons in the Middle East, then Israel would have vaporized them a LONG time ago. This is probably another one of your "roomers".

this is the most retarded thing i've ever heard!!! which Arab country, in their right state of mind, would dare challenge a country with the best Air Force in the world. Not to mention that they're also in possession of over 250 nukes!!!(more than the UK)

3) Suppose Iran is dumb enough and attacks Israel. There's only three ways to attack Israel. A) Scud missiles B) air strike C) amphibious landing

3A) Scuds have probably 10% accuracy or less. They're useless. However, the consequenses for using Scuds..."Breaking News - Iran is Vaporized!!!"

3B) Israel has Air Superiority over the Middle-Eastern Airspace. An air strike against the IAF is a really bad idea, but look at the bright side! The only consequence is that Iran will lose its entire Air Force...

3C) Amphibious landing? That's worst than being blonde!!! By the time Iran gets its Navy out of the Persian Gulf(and pass the American Navy Fleet), I'm sure Israel would be waiting for them. Don't expect a happy ending!!!

CASE CLOSED!!!

read this 'Syria, Iran storing chemical weapons' its dated 1996.

2) Iran is not an Arab country and who said anything about challenging their airforce? we don’t even need to fly to Israel. our Shahab 3 & 4 missiles will rain on Israel if they ever attack. Plus our Fateh 110 and Zalzal missiles stationed in Lebanon will do the job for us.

3)we will not gonna attack first but we will retaliate if anyone attack us and yes we will use our Scud missiles and amphibious landing using Lebanon territory.

3A) it depends on what kind of SCUD missiles we are talking about. Our Shahab 3s and 4s can deliver both nuclear and chemical weapons and if Israel ever attack us which if they smart enough they won’t “consequences” will be vaporized too.

3B)Israel has Air Superiority correct but yet again we don’t need to use our airforce.

3C)What made you think we are gonna go after Israel with our navy? how about we use our troops stationed in Lebanon. Remember about 25 years ago, we helped Lebanese to defeat the Israeli army and pushed them back to international border so I am sure they will do the same.

It's clearly impossible for Israel to launch a “successful” attack against Iran as well.
As I have mentioned before, Iran will not gonna attack any country unless its been attacked first.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by persian]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When countries fight over resources they tend to use the religious card to get the troops and citizens motivated. Nobody fights harder than someone that is doing it for God and Country.

I believe that since we have most likely hit peak oil energy prices will rise making it crucial for big oil consuming nations on this planet to control the oil supplies to ensure their economic stability. With that we will see more and more wars fought for its control. You will hear all sorts of reasons for the wars except the real reason which is what I have mentioned above.

Look who is on both sides of Iran? Why it is the US military.

Israel is training with the Kurds to attack Iran.

"Iran possesses one of the largest missile inventories in the Middle East and has acquired complete missile systems and developed an infrastructure to build missiles indigenously. It has purchased North Korean Scud-Bs, Scud-Cs, and Nodong ballistic missiles. Meanwhile, Iran has also developed short-range artillery rockets and is producing the Scud-B and the Scud-C—called the Shehab-1 and Shehab-2, respectively. Iran recently flight-tested the 1,300km-range Shehab-3, which is based on the North Korean Nodong. The Shehab-3 is capable of reaching Israel. Following this most recent flight-test, the Shehab-3 was placed in service and revolutionary guard units were officially armed with the missiles. There are conflicting reports about the development of even longer-ranged missiles, such as the Shehab-4 and the Kosar intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM). U.S. intelligence agencies assess that barring acquisition of a complete system or major subsystem from North Korea, Iran is unlikely to launch an ICBM or satellite launch vehicle (SLV) before mid-decade."
www.nationmaster.com...

This battle should prove to be more interesting than Iraq. I think we will try to wait as long as possible to attack, that is untill the Iraqi military forces are able to at least stabalize their country thus freeing up much needed Us resources.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by persian

1)If Iran had the largest stock pile of "comical" and biological weapons in the Middle East, then Israel would have vaporized them a LONG time ago. This is probably another one of your "roomers".

CASE CLOSED!!!

read this 'Syria, Iran storing chemical weapons' its dated 1996.

that's great. really. the problem is this...

Quoted by ShadowXIX-
Every Israeli is issued a gas mask shortly after birth, and urged to prepare for a possible gas attack. Israel is perhaps the best pepared country in the world when it comes to a chemical and bio. weapon attack. A nuke on the other hand is a different matter and I think thats why Iran wants it so bad.

in other words, bio and chem weapons are ineffective against Israel. As far as nuclear goes, the report says that Iran is a third world country. i doubt that they would have any nukes at this time.

2) Iran is not an Arab country and who said anything about challenging their airforce? we don’t even need to fly to Israel. our Shahab 3 & 4 missiles will rain on Israel if they ever attack. Plus our Fateh 110 and Zalzal missiles stationed in Lebanon will do the job for us.

Israel has their own satellites monitoring the Mid-East at all times. So, as soon as Iran launches its missiles, Israel will go on the offensive(which will lead to total vaporization of the Iranian country). Besides, Israel has the most advanced Air Defense System in the world(including the USA).

3)we will not gonna attack first but we will retaliate if anyone attack us and yes we will use our Scud missiles and amphibious landing using Lebanon territory.

like i said before, Scuds have less than 10% accuracy. they're NOT A THREAT!!! amphibious landing using Lebanon territory? don't forget Israel has a better equipped and more technologically advanced army. Besides, those Iranian troops would be 'sitting ducks' to the best air force in the world, IAF!!!

3A) it depends on what kind of SCUD missiles we are talking about. Our Shahab 3s and 4s can deliver both nuclear and chemical weapons and if Israel ever attack us which if they smart enough they won’t “consequences” will be vaporized too.

i've already explained, above, that even if the scuds GETS PASS their superior Air Defense System, Israel will already be on the offensive.

3B)Israel has Air Superiority correct but yet again we don’t need to use our airforce.

3C)What made you think we are gonna go after Israel with our navy? how about we use our troops stationed in Lebanon. Remember about 25 years ago, we helped Lebanese to defeat the Israeli army and pushed them back to international border so I am sure they will do the same.

dont forget that Israel was also under international pressure to withdraw, so i wouldn't call it a victory.

It's clearly impossible for Israel to launch a “successful” attack against Iran as well.
As I have mentioned before, Iran will not gonna attack any country unless its been attacked first.

with Israel having Air Supriority, they could easily penetrate hostile airspace. they invented the jamming system!!! besides, if any Muslim country that dares to interfere or shoot down the IAF, they will meet the consequences(what did Syria do when Israel attack their terrorist training camp in Damascus last year? absolutely nothing!!!).

an air strike on the Iranian nuclear facilities is inevitable, however, it will be a success. an Iranian retaliation? please!!! i wouldn't dare challenge the Israelis in battle!!!

[edit on 9-8-2004 by persian]

<< 1    3 >>

join