It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Mystery In The History Of Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In 1946 a Lockheed Constellation went missing from a flight from Rio de Janeiro in Havanna. The plane landed in December 1993, at the Bogota airport in Colombia. The plane came in totally unannounced, and almost came into collision with another airplane whilst landing. Security went to the scene, and made a stunning discovery: On board there were 36 skeletons.

How could a plane that went missing in 1946 reappear in 1993, make a safe landing, to find that all crew and passengers were nothing more then skeletons?

"the greatest mystery in the history of flight. A mystery that has become greater, since it is old Lockheed Constellation aircraft which flew in 1946 and on board which were found in 1993, landing, hot cup of coffee and lit cigarettes Old Gold brand , long extinct. The passenger seats were newspapers on the day of 21/09/1946, which were yellowed by time and still smelled of print."

The coffee was still hot, the papers were marked 21/09/1946

Extended article:
andreiiulian.blogspot.com...

Is anyone here familiar with this incident? Has this been debunked, or is this a legitimate mystery?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Some time space disturbance? Maybe something like the Bermuda Triangle?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Considering the blog has no redirect to actual story or photos, Etc.
I would have to assume someone wants blog views.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just have one question:

If we for an instance take this story seriously, please consider how the people could turn into skeletons in the moments from landing to the plane was opened? And if they did how come the cigarettes and the coffee didn't suffer the same mysterious space/time collapse?

OK that was two questions. My bad.

The fake story can forever be quoted in books because the story is now on the internet.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Can planes land on autopilot? I didn't think they could.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is from a story from the Weekly World News tabloid from 1995. Right in between stories about a Titanic survivor found still floating in the Atlantic, and a guy reading with a glass eye.

Tabloid Story

Except in this story, it was a DC-3 that was the plane. And the article says the paper WASN'T yellowed. This was a fictional report. The OP's only link is to a blog, and I can find NO real stories about any such even actually occurring.

Please research before posting this stuff or before STARRING and FLAGGING it!

edit on 23-4-2011 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
No flight number.
No airline mentioned.
No "real" media reports.
FAIL Sauce.

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
lol this is almost a word for word description of on old b&w twilight zone episode.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioStatistic

No autopilot was that sophisticated in those days.

We need the tail number, the flight number, and the airline to even start considering this story as true. And where in the world is that craft now?

I can tell you that these fantastic airplane tales are not uncommon and are a takeoff (pun intended!) from old and mysterious stories from sea-going ship. In particular, that would be stories of the Flying Dutchman."

Such great details are given, but not about the actual craft. That is suspicious itself. Aircraft are carefully tracked during their whole existence.

So a few more details would be appreciated or the whole story must be dismissed as a fake.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Take note that me posting this on ATS is part of the research, as i have also contacted the airport were it supposedly took place, am awaiting response. thanks for your contribution.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Crappy navigation. Was supposed to land in Rio, landed in Bogota.
The navigator didn't know his stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

What research. There is no documentation of this EVER occurring. Your link is from a re-translated translation from the original story which was taken from a tabloid. At best this should be in the hoax section. Not in the Science and Technology forum.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The article is not only found in the tabloid you provided, but also in several other newspapers. I have one here at home. If you are not going to be of any help, please refrain from replying.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is the Twilight Zone episode referred to above:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi

The article is not only found in the tabloid you provided, but also in several other newspapers. I have one here at home. If you are not going to be of any help, please refrain from replying.

All I'm asking for is a reference to some reliable news source BEFORE the 1995 tabloid report. Since this supposedly landed in 1993 there should be a 2 year window to find something.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Indeed i am trying to find a reliable new source also. The only information i have is the info from the articles, and from the badly translated blog. It seems indeed as if this is just a story, and nothing more then that.

thanks for the episode, am going to watch it LOL.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi

Take note that me posting this on ATS is part of the research, as i have also contacted the airport were it supposedly took place, am awaiting response. thanks for your contribution.

Outstanding. Thank you.

I have seen over 20 times today on ATS where someone has "suggested" that someone research their info better before posting a thread. In my own mind I keep asking myself, "Isn't that what ATS is? Research?"

I can only conclude that we have a segment of membership who think their shiz doesn't stink. Ignore them. If they want to act snotty, that is there problem to deal with.

Otherwise, this threads OP is a fake story. Interesting, but fake.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When I read the title I thought we would be discussing how bumble bee fly ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

lol yeah from the thread title i expected something better.
this might be a cool story, but so far no evidence except a badly written blog.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioStatistic

Yes, planes can land on autopilot. Just a few years after this type of plane was in service the ILS radar was developed and the airplanes autopilot could follow the glide path to the runway. The system requires special equipment at the airport and in the plane. The equipment would not have been on the super constellation in 1946 and most likely would not have been at an airport in Columbia in 1993.

new topics

top topics

join