It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Horror of Fukushima

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is the one phrase that keep government covering up UFO, E.T abduction......and disclosure from happening......because when it happens, there will loads of people asking " What can we do about it ?" the answer would be "There's nothing we can do about it." Chaos, mass hysteria, people running naked on the street, people having a giant orgy in public, men rape women, women rape men, believers would go around giving "sermon", debunker would try to come up with a whole new set of debunking skills, ....... etc

I'm a skeptic, so I get to enjoy all this.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

What the [snip] are we doing to our planet?!

I'm going to take a stand and officially say nuclear power has got to go.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just a question.

But are those who are opposed to nuclear power going to disconnect their power supply (if it comes from nuclear generation) or are they going to continue to pay for it and use it?

Just a question

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wow scary video.and I dont even live in Japan..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Just a question.

But are those who are opposed to nuclear power going to disconnect their power supply (if it comes from nuclear generation) or are they going to continue to pay for it and use it?

Just a question

Nuclear power is here. You cannot just flip a switch and do something else. Your question of either or options does not work.

What we need to do is take global control over all these plants. Make and I mean make the industries and governments provide ALL information available to everyone.

If that is not acceptable then neither is nuclear power.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I Live in Japan, I don't really hear anything on the news "that I can understand." Anyways the area we have been at is constantly being tested but hasnt shown high levels of radiation just normal to medium norm amounts.

We are told to wear these little odometers or whatever which track the radiation.

I'm not so worried

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xXGrimSlayerXx

Thats the best news so far on these threads.

News is very important. Information presented in a way we can understand should be available.

Keep us update. Best wishes.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by goobersnooch

i think sh is referring to the reptilian part of the brain the part which involves self preservation fight or flight reaction

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is definitively a cause for concern. Please check out this video.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by debri765nju
We are in a situation where we are going to have to fight fire with fire. The only way to destroy this nuclear material is with the only thing that devours nuclear material, in this case a small ground burst atomic explosion. It is the only chance of ending this ongoing and unending irradiation of our world.

I too have wondered about the Nuke option primarily because ongoing radiation leaks will probably kill everybody a lot sooner than they want, and not as late as they'd hope... and it will be exponentually worse if that place blows up a few more times... in which case the sooner will be even sooner, and more sure.

This is just in the infancy stages but we have no choice except to eat the food, drink the water, breathe the air, etc etc etc., and the same is true for even the most prepared survivalist as well. Can any familiar world exist after years, "YEARS" they predict, of radiation contamination with No end in sight? Ha.

Radiation is everywhere just 1 month into its swarm and will keep on coming 24/7/365. Who really thinks this can be survived? The situation is desperate for the world and for us. Killing the oceans destroys the food chain and kills us slowly... but poisoning the air and food will kill us much sooner.... unless the planet gets even first?

The multi-year senario being laid out probably foretells doom for most of the human race. But maybe better to keep our heads safe in the sand of denial while our butts sizzle off. Don't hear much about the core burning into the water table and making steam as was often heard so often at 3MI either. Or any of the other horrible (but likely) possibilities, hey?

"Nuke It:" seems like a good idea except that a later poster reminded everybody that that action might create 6x the problem. Which is correct or is there some solution in-between, I don't know??? But it seems like seeping radiation needs to be stopped somehow, and quickly, doesn't it? What is the plan to do that?

Consider how China will ultimately react. At some point the idea of Japanese radiation destroying their country will leave them with few options, and the most obvious one is to turn the reactor site into a glassed-over parking lot. Desperation hastens calls for serious men to take serious action, and a goal of "saving the world," pretty well leaves all the options open.

Side note: In the supermarket today I stood at the milk counter and made a few jokes about my FDA requirement for radiation. Only half the people realized there is a problem. Score another for MSM lemmings I guess. And also, Godzilla is likely to attack Tokyo and yet few are leaving. Must be eating fruit contaminated from the stupid tree.. .

edit on 24-4-2011 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by Brown Bear because: spelling, content, punctuation

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As Rocky used to say.
And now for something you'll really like.
I'm dropping this here first to get some reactions. I'm wondering if it has ever been posted on ATS. The search is n't proficient enough for me to know for sure. If no one has seen it here I 'll begin to drop it in on every thread that relates. So don't be grab happy and run and make you're own thread with it. I'll sue for plagerism.

Kidding of course but please respect my wish?

This was broadcast nation wide during the ninties. I believe it was "Sightings".

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

its not a stupid question. radiation WILL cause mutations, but none of the mutations will be beneficial. beneficial mutations are so rare that many discount them all together. if this continues, we will see mutated animals and humans.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe she's educated herself on nuclear energy? That's not even remotely an option??

Good grief.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Just a question.

Just a question

I would flip it...there...it's done.......I would rather live without electricity, than without food and water safe to consume...no question in my mind!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Whew... I thought one too many sci-fi movies may have thrown off my understanding of radiation.

How crazily coincidental for the land that brought us the likes of Godzilla to be going through a massive nuclear disaster with no end in sight.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
They wont tell us the danger here in the states. With the financial collapse under way, you think the US can do anything? What good will it do if they come clean and tell the nation to prepare for millions of deaths in the coming years?? Seriously, wtf would you do differently? Its easy to say that the powers that be in the US should "inform the public." Honestly, the panic it would cause would dwarf anything this nation has ever seen. Does this disaster piss me off? YES. But In this case, ignorance is bliss.

Were all going to die anyway someday. Life aint fair.....

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abney

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe she's educated herself on nuclear energy? That's not even remotely an option??

Good grief.

Has it occured to you to look at the facts and draw a conclusion from those facts, instead of taking someones word that they know what they are talking about as fact.

The facts:
-She is a physician
-She has a long standing anti-nuclear advocate
- she is not a nuclear physist or engineer
- Her history shows she is likely to form a bias towards anti-nuclear stance, this is further backed up by her labelling the reactors "weapons".

Now I agree she is likely highly intelligent, qualified and in a position to say that the radiation from these reactors could be devistating to human life, and that looking at history this is a possible outcome IF the worst case scenario happened or is happening.
However, I do not agree that I have seen anything to indicate she has enough intelligence or qualifications to be in a position to say these reactors do pose such a threat.

I am all for sending these messages as opinion, because I agree with the message - what I dont agree with is her using her qualifications that are not of immediate relivance combined with her strong opposition stance/opinion on the matter to influence the views of the naive.

edit on 25-4-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5
This is definitively a cause for concern. Please check out this video.

That lady lost me when she started talking about Stuxnet at Fukishima. She might be a geophysicist with a lot of knowlege in nuclear power, but I don't think she understood how targeted and complex Stuxnet was. Fukishima was caused by an earthquake and a Tsunami. I don't see why she even brought Stuxnet up.

TED talk on Stuxnet: www.ted.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Just to say holding an opinion against nuclear power is good. I remember a time when we, the public use to always hear both sides of the story not just the side they want you to hear.

That way we can make up our our own minds and not have our views dictated to us from above

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
wait wait wait wait wait...

WHY is this not like.. extremely important and uber urgent... Why aren't we informing the whole world about this again?? By all means necessary?

Dudes.. and She-Dudes...

Do you guys feel the magnitude of this situation??

WE HAVE TO SPEAK OUT... ASAP AS POSSIBLE..

They're trying to take away our planet...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join