It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animated Avatar Backgrounds - Yes or No?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

So are you suggesting I break the chain of command and seek clarification from the top?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I see that you've already asked him here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't and won't answer on his behalf, but backgrounds and avatars are not loaded the same way.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I did indeed, and I subscribed and will await a response. In addition, I just sent you a U2U to give a little more clarity. Thank you for your response Hellmutt.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am not trying to argue but just wanted to put this into perspective: the more layers a gif has - the harder it is to load. now, with saying that - if you limit your upload to 73k, that eliminates the possibility of having a huge amount of layers to load. large gif banner images of 829K would cause problems.... a tiny 73k gif is nothing.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Exaggerate much? I haven't seen an animated background in forever, avatars, sure, but not backgrounds... Of course I could have missed the few there are, but, considering I am on the site 7 days a week, I know they aren't "all over the place".

Start alerting them to the staff as has already been suggested.

We don't want huge swimming images all over the left side of content pages, it is distracting and many of them are horrid on the eyes. Nor do we have the desire to "approve" one member's and "disapprove" another's, the time wasted from the drama that will ensue is not time well spent.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
mine might be a violation if so i will remove it.

rigel4
edit on 23-4-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why have animated backgrounds if it will be covered by the foreground picture anyway?
Besides, animated GIFs are so 90's anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

UberL33t think i've seen one animated avatar on ATS. For me, yikes!, i find it makes reading that persons posts. I don't know if its the pulsing or the colors involved. So, in that example, it detracts from what that person is trying to communicate. Then again, that can be said for some static avatars, too. What may have meaning to the owner may convey a completely different meaning to others. Oh well. Just figured I'd share my 2 cents worth.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Okay, I'll let you have the "exaggeration"...and that may stem from because I was asked to remove mine, the ones that still have them may stand out more. None the less, the reason "why?" was my only intent here as I have stated throughout lol.

I have no problem adhering, I can't say I agree, but I will happily adhere. Drama, if I may be so bold as to give you a little cross-section of my view on that...is Zero Tolerance. So again, this whole thing imo got blown way out of proportion. If the reason had been stated in the OP that SO created we wouldn't be here right now I think that is safe to say.

Happy Easter and keep up the good work Mark

edit on 4/23/2011 by UberL33t because:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Makes perfect sense, thank you for your view

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

It is in fact animated

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
So again, this whole thing imo got blown way out of proportion.

The moment you decided to start a public thread instead of utilizing the complaint function and contact the staff directly.

Drama Monkeys, not just for being queen sized anymore...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

With that logic, the Business & Questions Board is a.k.a. Drama Queen Central...is what you're saying? The initial question was legitimate. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Because as I read it, it was courteous and professional throughout, matter of opinion I am sure.

edit on 4/23/2011 by UberL33t because:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It appears as though I have hit a nerve with the staff & admin...two milestones in one day...awesome!

2nd

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You're calling Uber a drama monkey? When I registered today, it clearly stated that everyone should be polite and cordial when posting and replying.... I guess that doesn't go for the Moderators.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Not in the least... The BB &Q Forum is for legitimate inquiries, typically of a general nature. The BB & Q Forum is not to contest or complain about site policy, rules or specific staff action. Nor is it the venue for identifying those that you feel should be sanctioned as you feel you have... In general or specific terms...

Communicate Your Suggestion Or Complaint

The proper mechanism exists... if you choose to use it...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
It appears as though I have hit a nerve with the staff & admin...two milestones in one day...awesome!

2nd

Internet bravado... How original...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

..and your Drama Monkey comment...was?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What are they going to do when they actually DO stop internet bullying??

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blisse
You're calling Uber a drama monkey? When I registered today, it clearly stated that everyone should be polite and cordial when posting and replying.... I guess that doesn't go for the Moderators.

Due to the brevity of your tenure I'll spot you one on the house... Let's just say that my sign off lines are rather well known throughout the kingdom... And the truth is that I'm the only member participating in this thread that has evolved enough to communicate via the casting of feces...

Mirthful Monkeys, not just for a black belt in Who Flung Poo anymore...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join