It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Cop Beats Man For Videotaping

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'd hire the best lawyer in the state--the country--and i would hurricane their parade, jack.

Or a hitman!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

thank you for the reply,sorry i,m a bit late in doing so but new here and just learnt how to see replies to post

on topic,i.m sure it is only a few that let them down and am sure the good uns do work hard for country and family.
To them,i,m forever greatful

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here's an update.

Looks like the pig was on paid suspension ever since the incident. I repeat, paid suspension.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
reply to post by cut3ypie

About a year ago the police chief of Fort Worth, Texas made local news when he went on record saying he wanted his officers to get testosterone shots to help manage stress and keep up energy levels.

Just geld them the world will be safer as a whole
edit on 2-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Here's an update.

Looks like the pig was on paid suspension ever since the incident. I repeat, paid suspension.

Also known as vacation. And people think it's ok to let cops investigate cops...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Update. The officer enjoyed 8 month tax payer paid vacation. Now he has been fired. Lets see how long someone spots him working for another department.

Source PINAC

Why the hell did I get "restricted post" by posting a link to Las Vegas Review Journal???
edit on 13/12/2011 by PsykoOps because:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
somebody posted this yesterday and it disappeared immediately, though im not sure why...wonder if the same will happen to this?...anyway, that guy is lucky he didnt get killed, because cops in vegas shoot to kill first and ask questions later...citizens are gunned down constantly out here...

Yup, they pulled it. Of course.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here it is on Disclose TV:

www.disclose.tv...

Found another youtube link:

edit on 12/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ytube

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just another jackbooted thug! Let's break out the Wheel and do some breaking on it to learn up the meaning of liberty and civil service for all the jack booted thugs in blue.

Protect and serve? Yeah, their Corporate masters!

Derek

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Just another jackbooted thug! Let's break out the Wheel and do some breaking on it to learn up the meaning of liberty and civil service for all the jack booted thugs in blue.

Protect and serve? Yeah, their Corporate masters!

Derek

This is what we get for disbanding the citizen militia's. Paid suspension, that fascist pig should be in jail for Insurrection.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Welcome to 1938 Germany, History does Repeat itself Over & Over. The New World Order has Prevailed ! This Video Clearly shows we have No Rights.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A new update to the story. Las Vegas has paid $100.000 settlement for the assault.

Source PINAC

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There are no laws that I know of that prevents people from video taping the police in Nevada. The cop was way out of line, and I hope he gets taken to the cleaners and put in jail.

They say if you're a good guy you have nothing to hide. Well, I guess that cop had something to hide.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
somebody posted this yesterday and it disappeared immediately, though im not sure why...wonder if the same will happen to this?

Yep. Yanked due to copyright claim.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
A new update to the story. Las Vegas has paid $100.000 settlement for the assault.

Source PINAC

What it should say is that Las Vegas TAXPAYERS pay $100,000 settlement for assault.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
These occurrences trouble me. It always seems to play out the same way, and have a very poor ending.
Look around Youtube one afternoon when you have time, and look at the follow up videos, or news stories.

It goes like this:
Cop notices civilian filming.
Cop doesn't like civilian filming.
Civilian is usually very polite, and reminds the cop about rights/asks the cop to explain the law he/she is hoping to enforce.
Cop doesn't like the idea that civilian might be right (and usually is - Note: laws change state to state).
Cop makes arbitrary arrest/or inflicts violence.
Civilian is usually released from police custody without charge, and without apology.
Video goes out onto the internet.
News organization takes up the story.
Police department says they are looking into it.
Officer is suspended, usually with full pay.

After many months the officer may, or - more usually - may not lose his job.
There may, or - more usually - may not be a very quiet monetary compensation to the victim.

Result?
Absolutely no deterrent for officers of the law to change their MO.
No special training given regarding this kind of occurrence.
Rarely a public apology will be made (usually in a very local way).

So it will continue to happen.

Until the police departments, and other law enforcement agencies, are properly trained to 'cope' with civilians filming them, and the courts start coming down hard on those who take their version of the law too far, we can expect no change.

Sad, isn't it?

The biggest problem I have with this kid of incident is how completely ignorant most LEOs are about the laws they are paid to enforce. Not always their fault, because there are people up the food chain who tell them what to do. Policing is more than being a paid thug, and I realize that there are many LEOs with integrity. However, these usually don't end up arresting people for 'resisting' or 'interfering.'
The cop in the OP video (and I'll admit that the "nope!" answer was odd!) assaulted the videographer.
It was a pure and simple act of thuggery. There was no need for it.
I think the pay these guys receive during their 'paid leave' should be taken back once they are found guilty (in the few cases where that happens!).

<< 1  2   >>

join