It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual Activity Among Animals Stirs Debate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HumptyDumpty

I dont try to fluff up words to make them looks more appealing to the masses, IVE READ STRIAIGHT FROM A SUICIDE NOTE THAT A BEST FRIEND OF MINE WROTE, HE WAS "SUFFERING" WHILE HE WAS HERE BECAUSE HE FELT LIKE HE WAS "TRAPPED" AS IVE PUT IT, IN A MALE BODY. He killed himself because, as he explained, he didnt think he was born right, he thought that he was mixed up and always felt this way, at one pont in his young teens he relised that he liked boys, never told anyone, never acted opon it, but knew he didnt feel like a guy. He then got to the point where he couldnt handle it any more, but till that day he died he said he acted Male cause thats what he was born. I found this out after he killed himself by jumping off of moutain cliff...trying to free himself, trying to fly away free like a bird as he put it. Then I read this new information about a possiblity of hormonal imbalances and such...well now you can see why Iam looking for a solution/reason/anything to at least my late friends problem... so I can understand a little better for myself the one thing that my best friend didnt talk to me about till I read his last letter. I quess my veiw of this is a little differnet than most.

Humpty. First of all, I regret you had to experience the loss of a friend. Especially since he/she suffered so deeply. What you described, though, is Gender Dysphoria, also known as transgenderism. It is in my experience, different from being gay. One with GD feels as though they are a female mind and emotions in a male body (or the other way around). However, many gay men I know are fine and happy being male, as in they are totally disgusted by the female body in any way.

I don't think there is a solution for something that does not nee to be fixed in the case of being gay. If they are truly happy, then what is there to fix?

As for Gender Dysphoria, I do agree that there is a solution. but what you implied is fixing the hormonal imbalance, which we are not even certain of. In effect this is changing the MIND to reflect the BODY. And is that right? Is it the penis or the testicles that feel the pain? Is it the broad shoulders, facial hair, the carpet that so many guys wear on their chest that hurts? No. It is the mind and the emotions that do. So change the body to fit the mind. For what are we but our mind? And this solution exists in Hormone Replacement Therapy.
I apologize for the slightly off topic nature of my post but I j must stress that by feeling you are a girl in a guys body, you are NOT gay for you are loving men with a females mind...Isn't that straight?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So since when has sex not been a mystery - people just keep striving to take the pleasure out of everything. What difference does it make as long as it is consentual. The animals like what they are doing and I am sure they don't have the hang ups that humans do. Proceed and enjoy!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm sorry people are taken in by the false propaganda of "animal homosexuality."

Yes, animals of the same sex will sometimes try to hump each other, but no it doesn't mean they're "homosexual", because sexuality in that sense doesn't really exist in animals, even higher mammals like primates. They don't have the self awareness and cognitive potential of human beings, and human sexuality in the psychological sense is something unique to us on this planet. There are no other creatures to compare it to.

If you raise rabbits, you'll know that when a group of males and females are together the males will go primarily after the female rabbits because the chemical signals are stronger. However, if the females are removed, you'll occasionally see most all of them trying to hump each other at some point, not because they're bisexual or homosexual, but because they're confused by the weaker signals. You can also see this with dogs and other animals.

Even some of the most advanced primates like the bonobo monkeys hump both sexes. It doesn't mean they're "bisexual" or attracted to the same sex. It means they're horny and are looking for something to hump.

Likewise, when your dog humps your leg it doesn't mean it thinks you're hot, and nor does it mean it's being romantic, because animals aren't capable of such things.

And even animals that seem to mate for life, it still doesn't mean that. The problem is that humans attribute aspects of human sexuality to animals, and assume it means something that it does not.

Something much different happens in humans when you approach puberty and start to notice the opposite or the same sex and start to notice the boy/girl a few desks down from you in the classroom in a different way. And that's something that's unique to us; it's part of our higher cognition.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Aminals do not have the hangups that humans have.

You mean if humans behaved more like an animal then it would be acceptable to you.

So you and your husband go to a friends home
and he has a new dog, and immediately the dog starts
to hump your leg. And then it would delight you
that your friend begins to hump your husband in the living room??

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't think it is fair or accurate to compare "homosexuality" in animals to people.

For one, animals use sex as a statement of dominance over the other animal. ie: rape.
(This could be better compared to prison environments than homosexuality)

Two, we can not impose our emotional contexts onto animals, as we have no way of knowing what they think.

I have very limited interaction with homosexuals in my area, and they don't fit either of those. The one couple I do know well, have a very strong emotional bond, and they don't do what they do as a statement of dominance.

For whatever reasons, homosexuality, is/has/and will be a constant in humanity...why does it need to be objectified and study and compared (justified)? Yes, I know, we do this to everything because humanity is curious, but somethings we need to just accept and move forward.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
Your cat masterbates

Personally i dont quite see how that hapens other than humping objects
. But other than that like i said i am married and i have no use for masterbation any more. But you are right whatever turns someone on is what turns them on and therefore may be right in their eyes but that does not mean it is right. Many things that humans do are not right and im sure that i have done a few of them in my time. The only thing that entiltes me to judge gay people is what is said in the bible, the one thing that i stand by which is be fruitful and multipy. I guess that doesnt mean that you nessicarily HAVE to do that, and therefore does not ban being gay. I think i have had enough of trying to influence people on this topic (like the warning i have recived). Finally i would like to say that gay people can go and be gay if they want, frankly after today i really dont care. In my eyes its still wrong but hey thats just me. Just dont go slobbering over me

the world currently has what? about over 6 billion people in it, and you want us to be fruitful and multiply? Africa as a continent is practically #ing starving, India as a country is #ing starving, if American economy takes a turn for the worst you and your #ing family will be starving. Homosexuality is possibly a natural result due to overcrowding as a means to slow reproduction. And I think its not only necessary but if some choose to do it let them. They are given freedom of choice, I would like to say though that I'm glad that you used the be fruitful and multiply part then the gaybashing Leviticus book... its just wrong for people to use the Bible to make such an aggressive and judgmental stance on an issue like this. people honestly do give the bible probably more credit than it is due.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join