It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA releases 29 messages from space?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

That's not true, at all. That I can promise you. A good hacker can get in and out without leaving a trace
Anywho. This is definitely interesting to say the least. Wish there was some other source other than a direct pdf file. .gov is pretty convincing though. Let's see what happens..

Really?!!! No "hacker" could get into my system without leaving tracks, so just how are they doing it to a system with security that makes mine look like an "open door"?

P.S. [sarcasm]Glad to see the supermod adding so much useful insight to the topic
[/sarcasm]
edit on 23-4-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

Just 'cause he a staff member, doesn't make him all-knowing, Personally, I found his remardk; rather uneducated.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
reply to post by superluminal11

Dont know if this is trolling him by using huge sarcasm or not
, but if it isn't: IIRC some guy bought the domain name to troll conspiracy theorists.

Its the NSA for christ sake...some of the greatest network engineers and mathmeticians on the planet...why cant they cut the misdirect??

I thought the NSA were professionals and dont believe in all that illuminati crap they say dont exist.

They may also feel that acknowledging it and going out of the way to remove it would make them seem even more incriminated than not if they really are.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skallagrimsson
This came in my mind when reading this; The story of Wes Bateman and the descifering of the SETI messages...
www.jerrypippin.com...

These make an interesting read regarding the alien messages...
THE RODS of AMON RA (PDF)
SETI Messages Part 1 (PDF)

Those messages look as easy to decipher as the NSA exercises. Wouldn't be surprised if the NSA actually put them out.

The "Ra System of Mathematics". Are you serious. Gosh these people are hilarious.

Anyhow, time for a secret message. Here is mine. It is a real code. It can really be cracked, and it contains a real message. Star for the first person to post the plaintext:

14129 2641 1397 9593 6031 206 7439 13199 1703 8413 11773 14129 2641 1397 18841 206 11773 9593 791 11773 3427 17617 1397 206 11773 1397 3427 7439 14129 2641 1397 6847 206 3427 6031

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Wow... This has got to be for real. The NSA is the most appropriate organization in the world to handle that kind of communications, since they are the leaders in decryption and finding patterns of meaning within a chaotic body of data. Some of the most competent mathematicians and linguists are on their payroll, and that's without talking about their advanced tech.

The only problem is the amount of blacked-out text and in some places, poor quality of photocopy which makes some parts hardly readable. Perhaps that's the best they could unearth after these years of study...

But what does the message says, exactly? Do we have to make the whole decrypting job?
edit on 23/4/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Haha are you seriously THAT naive? Your home computer is cake to an elite hacker. And yes the mods response was uneducated. Hence the sarcasm tags..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I hate hearing the word hacker thrown around, when no one here really knows how hacking is done, seriously you guys watch to much movies..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hogwash. No data relayed to spatial relationship of point of origion. This is jibberish, Federal employees do not alter font for dramatic presentation. This is hoax materal. NAS.gov would not link to a pdf, ignore.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

yes they would...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This may be nothing but wouldn't the documents say DEclassified as opposed to UNclassified?
Just wondering.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

It's unclassified mostly due to lack of reliable data, looks to me like these are nothing more than reports from people, not actual documents

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Maybe they picked up this ? Radio waves from Saturn

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
Hogwash. No data relayed to spatial relationship of point of origion. This is jibberish, Federal employees do not alter font for dramatic presentation. This is hoax materal. NAS.gov would not link to a pdf, ignore.

If you're referring to the documents linked to in this thread, that were just posted on NSA's official website, how could it be a hoax!? You mean that some hacker got into the world's more secure system and posted fake crap on PDFs, to show up as public releases?

As I said, a lot of the data is blacked out unfortunately, which doesn't mean it's NOT THERE... they just removed it from view.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
first off let me clarify the ittanimulli website for those that missed it the first ten thousand times.

Ittanimulli.com is a domain name owned by a PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL who has configured the HTML code that he has uploaded for the website to be a simple redirect which automatically sends you to the NSA website.

If you were to just type ittanimulli.com and nsa into google you would be able to read the full story where the guy admits he did it just to make people run in stupid little circles on the internet!

Now for the rest of the petty sniping and etc that has went on for the last 5 pages.... It's no wonder people think conspiracy types are out and out whack jobs! Some of the stuff I've seen people spout in these pages.... Wow just WOW.

When did people stop doing their own research? Why do so many of you believe what anyone with a website with pretty flashy icons tells you?

It would take me an hour or three and half a dozen posts to correct all the misconceptions or out and out BS being thrown out there as truth in these pages.But all that would get me is anger and hate and vehement denials while I am called a disinfo agent or etc.

The funny thing is I'm a BELIEVER in the FACT that all is not as it seems in this world! That things are being hidden from us, and glorious discoveries are being kept from us because they could bring about UNIVERSAL PROSPERITY.... and UNIVERSAL PROSPERITY is not in the interest of the people at the top! I firmly believe that some TRULY SICK INDIVIDUALS have managed to get themselves in positions of advantage from which they terrorize the world in the name of POWER and CONTROL!

And still I'm forced to shake my head at some of the stupidity and outright lies I see being perpetuated as fact.... It also makes me wonder who or what spent all the time to perpetuate so much mis or disinformation throughout the last 100 years.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

www.nsa.gov...

please correct me if im wrong, but everything being discuss is on the ACTUAL site..is it not?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by opnureyes

Still fairly interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

I have to agree with you that this is not anywhere close to being "confirmed" one way or the other... Unfortunately I am not even an amateur cryptographer so I can't be too much help but it seems lots of people have lots of pretty amazing misconceptions.

to the "this is hogwash blah blah NAS.gov (sic) does not link to pdf's" guy. I would say simply... OH really so the NSA (notice I take the time to put the letters in the right order) has it's own super secret document reader program?
It's funny because you can get all sorts of tradoc documentation and etc in ..... (drum roll) PDF FORMAT!!

dude really... people are so amazing when it comes to the things they believe. LOL maybe some of you guys should go read about how REal spying and hacking is done before attributing what you've seen on tv to the REAL WORLD!

Now I DO NOT claim to be any sort of EXPERT! But I have spent some time reading about what is possible and how some of it is done rather than just listening to bad inuendo and wild assertions made on the INTERWEBZ.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
SO ! Whats the deal then ?? Yes / No ? Who knows... There is so much of this stuff put out now a days Im starting to think half of the stuff is meant to be a throw off. Most of us know there is more to it regarding the existance of other life other than on Earth. What other life is or where it comes from is another story. Try to source the facts people ! Lets keep it sane and professional ! Dont get caught in the hype of speculation !

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

That's not true, at all. That I can promise you. A good hacker can get in and out without leaving a trace
Anywho. This is definitely interesting to say the least. Wish there was some other source other than a direct pdf file. .gov is pretty convincing though. Let's see what happens..

Really?!!! No "hacker" could get into my system without leaving tracks, so just how are they doing it to a system with security that makes mine look like an "open door"?

P.S. [sarcasm]Glad to see the supermod adding so much useful insight to the topic
[/sarcasm]
edit on 23-4-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

Just 'cause he a staff member, doesn't make him all-knowing, Personally, I found his remardk; rather uneducated.

the nsa systems have 256 bit on top of 256 bit encryption that changes more often than you could imagine, guarded in military facilities, with multiple gate systems and security access doors, getting access without having a full career path taking you there, is quite the feat... to break into systems like that, would have to be done from the inside.

edit on 23-4-2011 by tylerjamescharles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I love how Otamad completely ignored each post where I clearly apologized if this was a rehash here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

…and immediately goes into igno-rant mode… do you honestly think I'm going to search through ATS's ENTIRE archives to see if something is already here? Lol @ the entirety of "you" if you think so, you clearly have a lot more life to waste than me.

Instead of trolling, why not just report it to the mods as re-hashed, debunked material which takes FAR less time and energy than writing a whiny rant that contributes nothing…… THREE TIMES at that?

To everyone else that simply pointed out that its a rehash and kept it moving, thank you for being civil, I'm sure your blood pressure remains at an optimal level.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by basil40

The document is stamped, "Approved for release by NSA on 10/21/2004". Bummer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join