It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA releases 29 messages from space?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Dont know if this is trolling him by using huge sarcasm or not
, but if it isn't: IIRC some guy bought the domain name to troll conspiracy theorists.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
reply to post by superluminal11

Dont know if this is trolling him by using huge sarcasm or not
, but if it isn't: IIRC some guy bought the domain name to troll conspiracy theorists.

Its the NSA for christ sake...some of the greatest network engineers and mathmeticians on the planet...why cant they cut the misdirect??

I thought the NSA were professionals and dont believe in all that illuminati crap they say dont exist.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

isn't adobe reader free? lolz. you have photoshop (which costs money) but not reader? >.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's a standard gullibility test. Post something on ATS that is pretty old, and not what it looks like and see how many people fall for it. Standard gullibility tests can be passed if you remember one simple technique: "if it looks too good to be true, it sure is".

Despite the fact that it has now been pointed out about 10 times in the thread that the thing was a mathematical exercise for a crypto class at the NSA, completely made up and completely unclassified, there are still people posting about the implications of being contacted from outer space.

But no need to worry about things like "information", "facts" and "evidence". It's much more entertaining to ignore those.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

This should be brought to the attention of major news channels around the world if proven real. Possible Disclosure?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepainweaver
reply to post by SLAYER69

isn't adobe reader free? lolz. you have photoshop (which costs money) but not reader? >.<

Yeah cs4 and cs5 but no adobe reader

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
The NSA is a joke...I'll prove it.

The NSA has known about this redirect ILLUMINATI spelled backwards itanimulli takes you to the NSA for some time and has done nothing to fix it.

They think its cute.

What do you mean. They don't have any sense of humour that they are aware of.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
These files are 2 years old...??? So why are you all so excited??

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is a "routine" written by scientists. What they have done is combined mathematics and all languages on earth, including all known dialects and made a new "universal language". If we would get in contact with an extraterresstial entity than the US government (NASA) would use this particular routine for communication.

Greetz,

Sander

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I always wondered....

People are so obcessed with being contacted from outer space (or contacting outer space) that has anyone wondered if we have been contacted from inner space?

We have been exploring in the micro world for ages, but only recently the nano world, who is to say what we found there...what if we picked up a signal of intelligence not from the macro space but the micro space or even further down....

Anyway food for thought...no big deal imo, if these intelligent beings wanted to contact us they would have done ages ago and I seriously doubt the established bodies would have been able to stop them doing so.

Adios.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
stuff like this doesnt matter when will you people realize... last week it was FBI DOCUMENTS RELEASED confirming alien ufo's in roswell, no1 gives a #, the media doesnt give a [snip], get it thru ur thick skulls
edit on 23-4-2011 by Otamad because: grammmer

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.
edit on 4/23/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Whenever they disclose something like this, there is always something else either they are hiding or planning. So be careful, this may be a beginning of something big coming.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

If it says unclassified, that means before 2004 it was classified. They don't stamp every single document unclassified, that is only on public released classified dociments.

I just can't believe the people that thinks the government, stored all those documents for years and years, just so they could pull a hoax on everybody. Hell, President Obama might as well just go ahead call a news conference and say the ETs are real and here on Earth, because people that can't except the truth won't believe him either. They have released a whole lot of now unclassified Videos. For anyone to up load. They even include a live ET they called "Saucer Boy" , I was just tolded what they called him from a friend in NASA. I can hear it now, "Obama is just saying that to get the nut believers to vote for him." LOL They sure never had to keep it secret evidently from quite a few people, even if they saw one land and ETs get out, they will say it is the Blue Beam Project. Some people are just going to have a really hard time excepting the truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
lmao and i just read that this might be 2 years old? come on ats. its amazing how u ppl create something out of nothing. hmm well no earthquakes or 911's lately, no ufos in the sky lately, im bored i guess ill make a thread on some old ufo alien garbage and get people talking... sorry but i cant stand seeing garbage threads like this on the Top Topics, its a disgrace to the website and all who use it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

OMG could this be the smoking gun?! A msg they partly decypher the periodic table of elements from SPACE!!!! Dude why are these things never in the media???? Wish US would just announce to the world live that we have been in contact with aliens for a long time!!?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
OK, well I had a look at the 29 "messages".

I didn't work through all the exercises, but they start off with a set of rules to describe arithmetic using letters of the alphabet.

Various letters in certain configurations stand for various arithmetic operations and their results. They build up some arithmetic rules, and then presumably some mathematical theorems.

The first rule just tells you the symbols they are going to use. The next few rules build up the numbers, then addition, then subtraction and so on.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but if we did ever encounter aliens, they likely wouldn't code English up in some bizarre cipher. Instead, they'd explain the rules of arithmetic to us (something that should be universal), then develop some mathematics. With any luck the mathematics would describe some physical facts we were aware of.

The point of these exercises seems to be just that. They are certainly NOT transmissions the NSA has not been able to interpret. These would be exercises for a first year uni level course, and any first year mathematics student should be able to solve them.

I've no idea why someone posted partial solutions to these in an NSA journal. It must be a teaching journal or some kind of journal for recreational mathematics. Fun, but nothing from outer space. Sorry.

Edit: for those who still want to dream away: why does the NSA teach its incoming students about alien intelligence? [music from twilight zone plays]
edit on 23-4-2011 by XtraTL because: Added another thought

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This came in my mind when reading this; The story of Wes Bateman and the descifering of the SETI messages...
www.jerrypippin.com...

These make an interesting read regarding the alien messages...
THE RODS of AMON RA (PDF)
SETI Messages Part 1 (PDF)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otamad
stuff like this doesnt matter when will you people realize... last week it was FBI DOCUMENTS RELEASED confirming alien ufo's in roswell, no1 gives a #, the media doesnt give a [snip], get it thru ur thick skulls

All know ET is real. Nobody cares untill they take our jobs or our women.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

thats what im sayin man, all these crap threads about nothing arent getting us anywhere, if ur guna make a topic it should be interesting, not old documents that no1 gives a rats ass about.. we know aliens r real, and anyone who denies that is a complete fool, nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join