It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICAN HISTORY X / ROMPER STOMPER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
hi peeps
i will opologise in advance for this thread, but i thought it needed bringing up again since 2004

American history x and romper stomper have had bad publicity,why?
because it shows exactly what fearmongering , the media and our government is pushing us into and the films clearly show that. But it/they are automaticaly classed as racist and anti sematist (notice how IST and ISM words are deemed inapropiate) both the films show how far a person/persons will go to protect their ideology of life.i realy want to say so much more but il sum it up as this..government mix us all together (blacks white yellow red whatever) to encourage us to fight amongst one another,whilst at the same time tptb suck us dry..these films have been deemd as racist but at the same time showing us that multiculturism is forced upon us and will not work.

Q: why is it that in a zoo(even the wild) the KEEPERS will not put a baboon and monkey in the same environment,even though they are from the same species...i would have put a vid of history x on to this site as an example but i feel i will be slated and called a racist even though im not i respect everyones ideal of a basic life, but when that life/ideology is forced out of our system then people will join forces and revolt....dave

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Haha, comparing humans to different kinds of animal species, now thats really a smart thing to do !

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

romper stomper and american history x in the same "category" ?

vow... maybe i should watch again romper stomper but the memory i have of it doesn't encourage me to. i don't remember any depth/perspective in this thing.

american history on the other hand is a great socio-psychological study on group (sheep) behavior and spiritual growth(everybody can change). heavy, violent but smart and insightful.

edit on 23-4-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
American history x and romper stomper have had bad publicity,why?

I haven't seen Romper Stomper, but regarding American History X - can you explain to me how a movie that got overwhelmingly positive reviews and was considered a defining role for Ed Norton, he was nominated for an Oscar for it after all, has "bad publicity" surrounding it?

because it shows exactly what fearmongering , the media and our government is pushing us into and the films clearly show that.

The only fearmongering going on in AHX is on the part of Stacy Keach's character. What does the government have to do with that exactly?

But it/they are automaticaly classed as racist and anti sematist (notice how IST and ISM words are deemed inapropiate)

It's "anti-semitic". And the film isn't "classed" as racist or anti-semitic just because some of the characters in it happen to be. Again, I think you're confusing the plot of the film with the public's perception of it.

both the films show how far a person/persons will go to protect their ideology of life.i realy want to say so much more but il sum it up as this..government mix us all together (blacks white yellow red whatever) to encourage us to fight amongst one another,whilst at the same time tptb suck us dry..these films have been deemd as racist but at the same time showing us that multiculturism is forced upon us and will not work.

It's a movie about how people's fears prevent such a society from working.

Q: why is it that in a zoo(even the wild) the KEEPERS will not put a baboon and monkey in the same environment,even though they are from the same species...

Baboons are monkeys, so not sure what you're getting at here. Or do you mean baboons with other species of monkey?

i would have put a vid of history x on to this site as an example but i feel i will be slated and called a racist even though im not i respect everyones ideal of a basic life, but when that life/ideology is forced out of our system then people will join forces and revolt....dave

Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Neither film is racist, both actually portray the futility of racism and it's negative effect on life and the downward spiral that follows from it.

You really need to watch the film at its true level, Romper Stomper, arguably Crowe's best film shows the destruction that that comes from misguided hate, blaming their own lack of achievement on immigrants, while all the time doing nothing to improve their own situation. How the hate and violence spiral out of control until it destroys them all.

American History X , again arguably Norton's best movie, shows how the influence of racism is past through generationally, that the hatred is blind and doesn't see the truth, and that when spending time with those he hates (In prison) he realises that the hatred, the things he believed were all false, trying to save his brother upon release from the self same mistakes he had made, from being led astray with people that use this false hatred for their own agenda, again the hatred leads to tragedy and the useless loss of life

Both films are very ANTI racist

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

thank you,
you and many others have hit the nail....why has ATS removed some posts...grow up people the films have the principle...RACIAL HATRED IS FORCED UPON US, and im bloody sick of it,if i can see quality and msgs of these films why cant you all

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

my post keep romoving because of what? i thought ats was for the discussion,i guess that some subjects cant be discussed because of the fear of speaking about people that dont belong....cheers ATS thought you was better than that...im not going to be forced of here without a valid reason...i gave you my reasons for this post and my thread after all it follows ATS DECORUM

top topics

join