It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 predicted by the film "The Long Kiss Goodnight", 5 years ago before it actually happened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

CasiusIgnoranze i've learned this type of speculation is popular amongst some ATS folks and people on the street but i don't believe in it. Not only is life full of coincidences it is also full of imaginative and creative people writing books, adapting books to the stage or screen, scripts, magazine articles, comic books etcetera. We all live on the same planet and are affected by the same things around us. Referencing common topicality serves to help build the illusion in entertainment, that's all. And it is too easy to look back and be Captain Hindsight after the fact.

I do wonder what became of Geena Davis. The flick you reference was supposed to be the vehicle to propel Ms. Davis into more female large action roles but I guess it didn't impact as Hollywood hoped it would. Last thing I read about Geena Davis was an article about her being quite lethal in Archery; the writer mentioned something about her being of Olympic competition quality. I've never seen or heard another thing about her since.

Geena Davis is both a professional archer and a MENSA leader. She had a TV show recently (Commander in Chief) which was critically acclaimed but low rated. She is still acting and producing. She is an EXTREMELY intelligent women, and that is something that doesnt often get you far in hollywood....

She is also very active in the activism community.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
''unfortunately we have no idea how to fake the deaths of 4000
people so we will have to do it naturally''. The Long Kiss Goodnight.. 1996

''We can fake it now using computer generated imagery and
ficticious victim personas and sell it to the unsuspecting public using our dastardly
devices of mass control, the media and the television''. Slowly Kiss Our Arses Goodnight.. 2001

'''''How many billions is it now that congress have allocated?
How much have we gained, and how much has the world lost?
WOW!! And to think It didn't even cost us a thing.

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

WINNING!!!''''..... The multi-reward winning production team of the 9/11 blockbuster
'Please believe us when we tell you that it was definitely the fault of a
man, with a beard, in a cave. Definitely'.
edit on 24-4-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Who else would they blame but the muslims?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

captainyinknots thank for that excellent follow-up. I did not know Ms. Davis is a MENSA person; very impressive! Beauty, brains..the modern day Hedy Lamarr (a little).

Glad to know Ms. Davis is doing well. I enjoy her acting talent and I find her beauty captivating.

edit on 4/24/2011 by LargeFries because: correct two typ'so

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LukeT0116
Maybe the terroists got the idea from the film?

Doubt it! If I had never heard of the film, why would 'terrorists' living in Afghanistan/Iraq/Pakistan or wherever Faux News and Cheney said at the time have?

It amuses and sickens me that 90% of people actually believe the official story, and that most Americans think their culture and especially their movies
are loved and known world-wide!

Vicky

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33
reply to post by LukeT0116

I've heard that argument before and to me it just seems silly. Once you've done some research into 9/11, it makes little sense to entertain such notion. How could a loosely organized, technology-lacking and expertise deprived 'group' whip together a terrorist plot requiring the surmounting of a plethora of obstacles in 5 months?

Here's they answer: They couldn't.

Even if you go by the official story/documents, the 'terrorists' were training to fly long before this... not to mention the warnings that had been received long before the attacks as well. If 'bin Laden' was planning to attack for years as they claimed he had been, there isn't a fart's chance in the wind he altered his plans at the last minute to follow 'The Lone Gunmen'.

Okay then so your going with the fact that you believe that this film predicted 9/11 okay then whatever you say.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

For the record I'm from England. I don't for one second believe all the mumbo jumbo about the terrorist Planning and carrying out 9/11. But my point was to get that even if the government did carry out the attack themselves in order to get an alibi for war, there's no way on earth that they would let a movie state the facts about what is going to happen. It wouldn't be tactical to "prewarn" everybody of what's going to happen in the near future.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Wow.Creepy- and he almost had the death toll right too. He said "4,000" and 9/11 was approximately 3,000...

Well actually the plot for the film wasn't to destroy the twin towers......it was to detonate a chemical bomb over New York.
The reference to the twin towers is only because of the 1993 bombing of the twin towers.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LukeT0116
there's no way on earth that they would let a movie state the facts about what is going to happen. It wouldn't be tactical to "prewarn" everybody of what's going to happen in the near future.

They didn't......the twin towers was not involved in the plot of the movie......nor were hijacked planes.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Hey there luke, you need to read the first paragraph of cassius666 post on the previous page, he nailed it!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012
Well, there it is, he described exactly what happened on 9/11. d@mn the Illuminati, they make it so obvious for people.

Not really......watch the movie..........it wasn't about a plot to blow up the twin towers at all.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

www.plaguepuppy.net...
its in there somewhere.

or to save you the work...

"Haglund stated that after years of writing the X-files, the FBI and NASA would approach Chris Carter with plots for stories."

www.infowars.com...

really though
peple are to lazy to save themselves
thats the problem

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

No, actually... when did I ever say that?

When you assume you make an A$$ out of U and ME.

I do not believe that 'The Lone Gunmen' 'predicted' 9/11, but you have clearly demonstrated your ability only to view things in black and white, congratulations.

Go back and read my post you quoted and THINK about it.

It would be IMPOSSIBLE for the 'terrorists' to have modeled the attack after 'The Lone Gunmen', the timeline just DOESN'T WORK OUT. Do some surface research into 9/11 before you try and put words in my mouth.

If you want to know what I believe is most probable, it's that 'The Lone Gunmen' DID NOT predict 9/11... there was no prediction involved... various people knew an approximation of what was going to happen a some time in advance. Not so much a 'prediction' as insider knowledge.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thank you Danbones, I am not lazy, I am studying for my final university exams and every second I have is precious... but getting to the facts of 9/11 is very important to me and is worth time. If someone backs up their claims with links, all the better.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Yep... some people were told in advance.

That's a picture of Aaron Russo and Nicholas Rockefeller.
edit on 24-4-2011 by OrganicAnagram33 because: Picture caption

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

Take a chill pill keyboard warrior.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Wow. So backing up my argument when you say ignorant things requires me to take a chill-pill?

I've done nothing here but try and show people the facts, ask questions and correct misconceptions.

If you can't take being wrong, you're on the wrong site. Try to be more constructive.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have a thread on the old Get Smart episode 52 here. Pretty interesting stuff there as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Thanks for adding that twitchy, good thread that definitely deserves some attention, many connections/dates to consider and look into. Seems these TV/Movie 'coincidences' keep showing up.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33
I've heard that argument before and to me it just seems silly.

Is it really any sillier than the idea that the scriptwriter to a reasonably successful film in 1996 would have intentionally and knowingly put some dialogue into the film that could very vaguely be interpreted as depicting a real-life terrorist attack that would occur 5 years later ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join