It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 predicted by the film "The Long Kiss Goodnight", 5 years ago before it actually happened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I think the scene speaks for itself really.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, there it is, he described exactly what happened on 9/11. d@mn the Illuminati, they make it so obvious for people.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Don't forget about 'The Lone Gunmen' pilot episode... aired MARCH 2001

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

Hollywood does many subliminal things which we hardly even notice when watching their movies.
edit on 23-4-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

there seems to be two sides to the content

Having worked in the biz a bit in Canada...
people like us make movies too
and they put stuff in for writers reasons...
just like authors have since writing was invented...

the government has spent Billions in holywould...
they have ben illegaly found to have been buying news outright even in the US...
the lone Gunmen producers said the CIA made them do that episode

orwell, and huxely, wells, etc
look at the predictive content there...

edit on 23-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Spooky. There's just way too many coincidences to brush off and think there's nothing to all this.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

the lone Gunmen producers said the CIA made them do that episode

Crazy, but makes sense... Do you have any links? I can look myself, but it would help me save sweet, sweet time nectar.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Just so I get this straight. In 1996 I think Bill Clinton was US president. Does that mean Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld et al are all in the clear ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Hahaha, no. Cheney was involved in the formation of continuity of government procedures a decade before that, he has lied many times and has his hand in the honey jar.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Wow.Creepy- and he almost had the death toll right too. He said "4,000" and 9/11 was approximately 3,000...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33
reply to post by Alfie1

Hahaha, no. Cheney was involved in the formation of continuity of government procedures a decade before that, he has lied many times and has his hand in the honey jar.

I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense to me. In 1996, when the film referred to in the op was made, Bill Clinton was President with Al Gore vice President in a democrat administration .

G Bush's republican administration started 2001 with Cheney as vice-president. What role did Cheney have in 1996 and what does " continuity of government procedures mean "?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Don't get caught in the illusion of bi-partisanship, its all a facade. Sure, the policies enacted might vary a bit between Republicans and Democrats, but the long-term trends and outcomes are the same either way. The government behind the scenes that you don't elect is what really matters.

How about this for making some sense?:

Throughout the 1980s, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld are key players in one of the most highly classified programs of the Reagan administration. Presently, Cheney is working as a Republican congressman, while Rumsfeld is head of the pharmaceutical company G. D. Searle. At least once per year, they both leave their day jobs for periods of three or four days. They head to Andrews Air Force Base, near Washington, DC, and along with 40 to 60 federal officials and one member of the Reagan Cabinet are taken to a remote location within the US, such as an underground bunker. While they are gone, none of their work colleagues, or even their wives, knows where they are. They are participating in detailed planning exercises for keeping government running during and after a nuclear war with the Soviet Union. Unconstitutional 'Continuity of Government' - This highly secret “Continuity of Government” (COG) program is known as Project 908.

www.historycommons.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Rumsfeld has been involved in foreign policy and war since long before Clinton.

He was involved in perpetuating the 'cold war', and fear of communism, through the 70's on when he became the Director of the United States Office of Economic Opportunity Assistant to the President, and Director of the Economic Stabilization Program. He went on to represent the US in military and diplomatic matters. One of the shadow government we don't get to vote for representing capitalism.

He's worked for every president since Nixon in some foreign economic policy, military capacity.

It's all about the economy and world financial domination. No matter who the pres is Rumsfeld does the same thing.

The pres is just a figurehead with no real power to change the ongoing agenda. We live in what is no better than a dictatorship, the face of that dictatorship changes, but the agenda of the dictatorship does not.

Dems and cons are just a way of making it appear you have a choice.

edit on 4/23/2011 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Maybe the terroists got the idea from the film?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LukeT0116

I've heard that argument before and to me it just seems silly. Once you've done some research into 9/11, it makes little sense to entertain such notion. How could a loosely organized, technology-lacking and expertise deprived 'group' whip together a terrorist plot requiring the surmounting of a plethora of obstacles in 5 months?

Here's they answer: They couldn't.

Even if you go by the official story/documents, the 'terrorists' were training to fly long before this... not to mention the warnings that had been received long before the attacks as well. If 'bin Laden' was planning to attack for years as they claimed he had been, there isn't a fart's chance in the wind he altered his plans at the last minute to follow 'The Lone Gunmen'.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well hiding it in plain sight, while banishing such a theory in the realm of fiction, "something out of movies" at the same time in the minds of the people would make sense. People see that kind of movie, hear what the truth movement has to say and in their mind they link it to a movie they saw and therefore to them it becomes something unthinkable, a movie, fiction. Even the number of the deaths is close enough.

However it is just as likely that it is a coincidence. False flag attacks happened before, at the time it was known that the gulf of tonkin was a lie. The Lavon affair already went down the annals of history. An author brainstorming for a twisted political plot, takes the Lavon affair (attempted terrorist attack to blame it on muslims) the WTC bombing 3 years ago, supersizes it and gets the plot for "The long kiss Goodnight". Kinda lazy actually.

Advanced knowledge, or using a common tool employed by goverments around the world for a political plot on the big screen? We will never know.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33
reply to post by Alfie1

I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense to me. In 1996, when the film referred to in the op was made, Bill Clinton was President with Al Gore vice President in a democrat administration .

G Bush's republican administration started 2001 with Cheney as vice-president. What role did Cheney have in 1996 and what does " continuity of government procedures mean "?

1)Cheney had his hand in the cookie jar long before W was in office......
2)If you havent noticed, our last few presidents have all been in bed together. One sets up the dominoes, the next knocks them down. Breaking it down into 'this was Clinton's fault' or 'this was Bush's fault' only plays into the separation that they wish to keep you under.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

CasiusIgnoranze i've learned this type of speculation is popular amongst some ATS folks and people on the street but i don't believe in it. Not only is life full of coincidences it is also full of imaginative and creative people writing books, adapting books to the stage or screen, scripts, magazine articles, comic books etcetera. We all live on the same planet and are affected by the same things around us. Referencing common topicality serves to help build the illusion in entertainment, that's all. And it is too easy to look back and be Captain Hindsight after the fact.

I do wonder what became of Geena Davis. The flick you reference was supposed to be the vehicle to propel Ms. Davis into more female large action roles but I guess it didn't impact as Hollywood hoped it would. Last thing I read about Geena Davis was an article about her being quite lethal in Archery; the writer mentioned something about her being of Olympic competition quality. I've never seen or heard another thing about her since.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well, since Danbones was unresponsive to my plea to save me time I went and looked for what he claimed.

Although I couldn't find anything about the CIA telling the producers to make it (in my 5 minutes of looking), I did find an interesting youtube video thanks to this site: Rabbit hole this way ---->

Cast and crew of the X-Files attended "WonderCon 2008" in San Diego this weekend to discuss the upcoming X-Files movie. During the question and answer, one intrepid audience member asked Chris Carter, creator of X-Files and The Lone Gunmen, about the pilot episode of The Lone Gunmen, which eerily predicted the events of 9/11 that took place in New York mere months after the episode aired on tv. Carter, looking slightly flustered, turned the question over to the Lone Gunmen producer, Frank Spotnitz. Video of the response is available from YouTube: After Carter's bizarre and awkward joke about turning the question over to his producer because he had "a special underground connection" that made him better qualified to answer it, Spotnitz admits he was "disturbed that if we could imagine it [crashing planes into the World Trade Center] our government didn't, and I didn't understand why we weren't prepared for a tragedy like that." After raising this very valid point about the government and military's complete lack of response on the morning of 9/11, he then quickly dismisses any suggestion that the pilot episode's uncanny prediction of that attack was anything more than a coincidence, as the story was produced merely from an "active imagination."

This may well be coincidence, as Spotnitz asserts, but it's worth questioning whether the writers of that episode were also correct about the supposition that the attacks were carried out by a rogue element within the government itself. Although Spotnitz is quick to dismiss this as "conspiracy theory" some of the crazed conspiracy wingnuts who believe it include ex-CIA field agents, ex-FBI translators, the former German Defense Secretary, the head of the largest victims family group (and the majority of its members) and many others, including Dean Haglund, star of The Lone Gunmen.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

I do wonder what became of Geena Davis.

Interesting point.
Her example seems to have been erased.

And that poor stewardess on 9 eleven didn't have
the training to defend herself, where she may otherwise have gotten it.

David Grouchy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join