It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Easter... I Mean Passover... I Mean Sun Day... I Mean It's All The Same...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
We all know how the Sun's path from the perspective on earth moves back and forth throughout the course of the year, thus resulting in the 4 seasons. Does anyone not question the fact that, from the Northern Hemisphere perspective, the Sun's path in winter changes from southward to northward, exactly on the Winter Solstice, which is usually on December 22nd? To be more precise, the sun perceivably seems to reside on the same degree for roughly 3 days as the path reverses.

Now, as the Spring Equinox marks the next quarter-point, the position half-way to the Summer Solstice, the days become longer, as the Sun is crossing over the equator, on it's way to the highest point it reaches in the sky, the Summer Solstice. This brings the question: Why is christian Easter (Ishtar) and jewish Passover always celebrated at the same time of year, and always around the Spring Equinox? The jewish call it passover, christianity calls it resurrection.

Many christians actually attend what is called a "Sun-Rise service" on easter.

This image shows the path of the sun from a pinhole camera, over a 6 month period.

I learned of this "path" a while back, but I'm amazed how many do not question these relationships. It seems pretty damning to me..

Back to the first paragraph, I know that a lot more people believe that Jesus' birthday was actually not 0 A.D., but an earlier date, and I've heard the year 3 B.C. put out there. So it is interesting to me why the big story of Christmas that so many children are brought up to learn occurs exactly 3 days after the Winter Solstice. That is all I have to say. Good day.
edit on 23-4-2011 by rstregooski because: title

edit on 23-4-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm about to go have myself some Matzo Ball soup and potato pancakes

All thanks to Jewsus Christ.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Leg of lamb, chocolate bunnies, some church in the am,
Happy Easter to everyone at ATS.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Some guy called Roman gets cross with a guy named Jess and two thousand years later we celebrate by eating chocolate eggs! Or something like that...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Almost as ridiculous is the "easter bunny" and the lack of knowledge contained within "good christians" buying these pagan chocolate bunnies (that represent, basically, screwing like rabbits) for their kids...hahahaha

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ganja

Well said.. The tooth fairy might as well have it's own holiday..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here is what Easter or as I know it, Ishtar is about.

www.pantheon.org...

inanna.virtualave.net...

The egg thing on it is supposedly Ishtar being reborn in an a egg around this time of year a very long time ago and thus the use of eggs, its a myth somewhere i will try to find it again.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Quickfix because: spelling and grammer

Edited to add: en.wikipedia.org...

and en.wikipedia.org...

I couldn't find a reliable source on the Ishtar birth myth.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
Why is christian Easter (Ishtar) and jewish Passover always celebrated at the same time of year, and always around the Spring Equinox?

The celebration of the Christian holiday is a direct result of the Jewish one - the "Last Supper" was a Passover seder.

So it is interesting to me why the big story of Christmas that so many children are brought up to learn occurs exactly 3 days after the Winter Solstice.

Because it was easier to convert pagans who were used to celebrating the solstice by moving the birth of the Christian messiah to coincide with their holidays. It's understood that he was actually born sometime in autumn. Not sure if the Jews have always celebrated Passover at the same time of year or if it was moved at some point.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
All I hear in my head is the Monster truck rally announcer.....It's Resurrection sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY !

new topics

top topics

join