It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should all be against disinformation and abhor anything that attempts to twist the truth and yet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A lot of people among our ranks still keep posting threads that isn't that related to the title and worse....

....Many actually ride along with the show.

I'm speaking of posters who try to magnify an otherwise, non existent or litle issue, to try to catch a lot of attention just for themselves (get S&F maybe??)

For example, someone posting a thread about Yellowstone becoming active and it turned out the original article was several years old and things have calmed since then. Then very recently, someone talking of an airport getting wiped out when it was only a scratch in comparison... ....And yet, everyone seem to just play along

We all get fed with lies and we come here for the truth, and yet we still see bunch of lies. I think these sort of things should start getting moderated too because I think many are actually believing it, otherwise, such people who post misleading info would not get even one S&F.

edit on 23-4-2011 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I see this kind of stuff as a coping and adjustment mechanism to the real truth, which is tough to handle. By learning how to handle minor issues it helps when confronted with the bigger issues like 9/11, Dulce and the Monarch Project. Let the people eat their cake if that is what they want, there is a lot of work to be done to sort this mess out and they are going to need the energy.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I just left a thread from a new member who is clearly advertising their various websites to get hits so they can make money from advertisers. They are constantly looking for ways to market their sites. Unfortunately they take up space and waste members time. I don’t know how the owners can control it.

So what I am saying is I understand your frustration.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

So many times we fail to look deeper into the causes of what we find on ATS threads. Usually, the evident problem is simply dismissed due to idiots, boaxers and attention-seekers. Is that really the way it is, or simply a cover story to hide the real truth?

What we have seen in the last years is a new tactic since the 9-11 event has tended to poke fingers at people and places not wanting the attentioin . Rather than merely having posters to threads attempt to wreck them in one way or another, the new tactic is more aggressive, more pro-active, you could say, possibly from a more organized source with a strong agenda.

The new tactic is the creation of actual Bullsh*t threads themselves virtually about anything under (over or in) the sun. By that clever manipulation of the whole of ATS headline page and deep into the forums, they can attain their same goal and at the same time damaging the very essence of ATS.

A short rant of mine the other day, as others have also done over the months in one form or another, has suggested a simple fix to some of this slow melting away of ATS's credibility, . Despite months of concerned cirticism from many of us there is no evidence that notice has been taken by the ATS PTB to address this problem either in behind the scenes maneuvers or in simple changes to the submissions format.

From the outside, you can never underestimate conspiracies.

new topics

top topics

join