It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could September be the month of the rapture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I believe Jesus meant what he said ,that (no man knows the day nor the hour)
What I am about to share, concerning the month of September, still does not give us the day nor the hour.
But as for Noah , he did know the exact day that the rains would come, in Gen7:4 he was told by God seven days before the rains started, that the rains would come in seven days.

I have an ongoing thought about about the phrase,"no man knows the day nor the hour".

Ok, so "no man knows the day nor the hour" is there a hidden message here ?,a revelation not of the exact day nor hour, but the time frame, or season , and dare I say month?
after all Noah was given a seven day heads up.

First let me point out that all of the seven Jewish feast were meant to be fullfilled by Jesus,and were a shadow of things to come, Jesus has already fullfilled the four spring feast to the letter and on the exact day that they were to be observed, and in the same order that they were observed.With the first being passover,when he was crucified and the last being the feast of weeks,that was fullfilled at pentecost.

Now on to the possible hidden message, the next feast that is to be fullfilled is called by many names,the most popular being,Rosh Hashanah,also as Yom Teruah, feast of trumpets, also as the Day of the Blowing of Trumpets.

It is first instituted in Lev23:24-25 it was to be on the seventh month (tishri), (september for us this year),and on the first and second day of the month,but because of the lunisolar Jewish calendar the seventh month is sometimes in September,other times in October. It was the beginning of their new year and it started a ten day period of repentance for the Jews,known as the 10 days of awe.

But here is the kicker, the first day of the month is not the 1st, like we think of it , it was determined by two witnesses that stood in the court yard and watched for the first sliver of the new moon to appear,and when it did ,they began blowing the trumpets. to announce that the new year had started and repentance was to begin.

In Biblical times the moon, not the calendar, determined dates for festivals. Witnesses watching the sky proclaimed the new moon. Since Rosh Hashanah falls on the first day of the month, people living far from Jerusalem did not have time to learn the exact date. Even those living near Jerusalem could miss the festival if the witnesses did not arrive on time. So, two days were set aside for observance so everyone would have time to participate.

Because of this, it also became known as ,The Feast That No Man new The Day Nor The Hour of it's beginning

I guess a summary of the above would be,
#1 Rosh Hashana begins with the blowing of trumpets, The rapture:At the last trump the dead in Christ shall rise and we which are alive and remain,shall be caught up.

#2Jesus said no man would no the hour or the day of the rapture,
Rosh Hashana was known as the feast that no man new the hour or the dayof it's beginning

#3And Rosh Hashana is the next feast to be fullfilled by Jesus

Another thing is the fact that,we are now in the days of the Gentiles,and although there have been Jews saved, for the most part their eyes are still sealed and will be until the days of the Gentiles end.I believe that when the rapture happens that eyes of the Jews will no longer be sealed,therefore notice above that the start of Rosh Hashana is also the beginning of the 10 days of awe,which was meant for repentance for the Jews.

P.S. Rosh Hashana this year is between Sep28th and 30th, could this be the year?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
IMVHO - you are very correct and I would only add that if not this Rosh Hashana, then it will be another year! If you are really interested in this topic, you may wish to visit the late Dr. Gene Scott's web site and listen to some of his teaching on the topic.

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

First off, I don't believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, based on what the bible actually says - desires of the church to dodge the unpleasantness aside.

I do believe as well, though, that rosh hashanah will be the day the the trumpet it blown and Christ returns for gathering and judgement. I posted a response along these lines on the Day of the Lord thread last month.

No way for us to know the year unless signs become very obvious, but I'm a believer that all of the jewish high holy days had direct correlation to the work, life, and mission of Christ, so I believe you're thinking along the right lines here - as mentioned on Colossians, the jewish traditions and observances ARE shadows of the coming things (if you don't use a translation with the translator's own theology injected, anyway).

Anyhow, here's my post on that other thread - I'm in agreement with you:

Originally posted by Praetorius

Originally posted by Stargate2012
Ok, I think I figured out a major time code when the "Day of the Lord" happens on. I have determined it is the 2nd Passover. Not sure if anyone cares to know or if there is interest but I explain it from my research.

Google "rosh hashanah" + "the day or the hour" and read up on Rosh Hashanah - this holy day in the jewish calendar - what year, take your pick - is my likely guess for the return of Yahshua and his believers meeting him in the air as discussed in thessalonians.

Rosh hashanah is ID'd as the day for which no man knows the day or the hour as it relied on a visual sighting of the sliver of the new moon by two witnesses, leading the the blowing of the shofar and the beginning of the holy day. As such, it's also known as the Feast of Trumpets ("1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. ").

All of the jewish high holy days were/are highly symbolic of the life and mission of messiah - Feast of Tabernacles likely his actual birth date as compared to pagan holiday of saturnalia - christmas ("John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt [skenoo - 'tabernacled'] among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.").

I agree with the poster who doesn't believe in pre-tribulation rapture. The verse 4.17 I posted above refers to the dead in Christ rising at his return & rapture (harpazo in greek - 'caught up') of his followers, and revelation says "Rev 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection." - being the first resurrection, this has to refer to the post-tribulation saints who are resurrected at the time messiah returns as per Thessalonians 4.16 above.

Grace & peace - be well!

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

actually its October.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Wow dude! I'm still digesting it all. Great post!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by awatcher2
IMVHO - you are very correct and I would only add that if not this Rosh Hashana, then it will be another year! If you are really interested in this topic, you may wish to visit the late Dr. Gene Scott's web site and listen to some of his teaching on the topic.

Thanks for the thread!

I know that what I am about to write is pushing the envelope a bit, but, remember when Jesus gave the parable of the fig tree,( that when it blossomed you would know that summer was nigh)then he went on to the other signs,then said that this generation shall not pass away till all these things be fullfilled,what generation?
the generation that saw these signs.

We know that Israel is represented by the fig tree, and if the blossoming is referrring to Israel becoming a nation in 1948, and the generation who saw this happen shall not pass away,and a generation being 70 years.

If we count 70 years from 1948,we come to 2018, then subtract the seven years for the tribulation period,
we come to 2011.
edit on 23-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Explantion: S&F!

Absolutely and it could have some backing in science and furthermore in the bible.

1stly a Thread in the predictions forum which I authored recently...

OL Predicts Massive Geomagnetic Storms in late September! Caused by Comet Elenin! Backed by Science!, (by OmegaLogos posted on 6-4-2011 @ 10:49 AM) [ATS]

Cataclysmic Cosmic Collisions: BioChemically Contagious Comet's, Coma's & Ion Tail Cannons!!! (by OmegaLogos posted on 5-4-2011 @ 03:57 PM) [ATS]

In that linked thread I clearly lay out that if Comet Elenin is a Comet then the Earth becomes a target for the ionized gas tail between the 20th and 30th of September and that full alignment happens on the 27th.

And...

Personal Disclosure: So I predict the following for the period of Sept 20th to Sept 30th 2011...

Now for the biblical side... [Note: all bolds underlines and italics are my edits for emphasis ok]

Genesis 1:14 (KJV) [blueletterbible.org]

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Luke 21:11 (KJV) [blueletterbible.org]

And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Luke 21:25 (KJV) [blueletterbible.org]

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

The whole of Luke Capter 21 is worth reading for the context.

Hebrews 2:4 (KJV) [blueletterbible.org]

God also bearing [them] witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

The whole of Hebrews Chapter 2 is worth reading for the context.

Personal Disclosure: I'm looking for more possible scriptural evidence from the bible and I will post it if I find any.

edit on 23-4-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited chapter 25 into 21. soz :shk:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Please see my post just above your last one, and tell me your take on it.

And btw thanks for your input,sciptures and link.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

actually its October.

what is ? Rosh Hashana,

Although I really don't know what you are referring to yet,I was thinking, that since Rosh Hashana this year is
Sept,28-30 if you add the 10 days of awe that would carry over into October where the next feast begins,which is the day of atonement, is this what you are referring to?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Explanation: I think that if you can add some information on a generation being 70yrs that it will bolster the argument your post makes there, becuase I thought it was 40yrs... but I fully understand that didn't include the age the Israelites already where when the went into the wilderness for a whole generation.

Personal Disclosure: Glad to help and I hope it does help!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2

[Lotsa Star & Flag worthy material was here before I clipped it for the sake of my point. - OC]

I guess a summary of the above would be,
#1 Rosh Hashana begins with the blowing of trumpets, The rapture:At the last trump the dead in Christ shall rise and we which are alive and remain,shall be caught up.

#2Jesus said no man would no the hour or the day of the rapture, Rosh Hashana was known as the feast that no man new the hour or the day of it's beginning

#3And Rosh Hashana is the next feast to be fullfilled by Jesus

Another thing is the fact that,we are now in the days of the Gentiles,and although there have been Jews saved, for the most part their eyes are still sealed and will be until the days of the Gentiles end.I believe that when the rapture happens that eyes of the Jews will no longer be sealed,therefore notice above that the start of Rosh Hashana is also the beginning of the 10 days of awe,which was meant for repentance for the Jews.

P.S. Rosh Hashana this year is between Sep28th and 30th, could this be the year?

infojunkie2, do you have a source for Rosh Hashana being called "the feast that no man new the hour or the day of it's beginning?" I only ask because I have never heard that before, although your explanation makes perfect sense.

Almighty God always has a plan, and if you study your Bible hard enough - along with extra-Biblical sources - you can see it take shape. The Bible says in several places that "wisdom" is contained in the stories told by Biblical writers; in Revelation it says, "Let he who hath wisdom calculate the number of the beast," so this tells me that there IS information within the Bible that is not readily apparent to a casual reader, but can be sussed out by a seeker of wisdom.

I'm not one for date setting though, because to be completely honest it doesn't matter to me when the Lord returns; I just hope He comes quickly. Until He does, it is incumbent on each Christian to live their lives in a manner that is pleasing to the Lord, something I must admit I fail to do at times. I'm a sinner, and there is no doubt about that; but at the same time, I do my best to follow God's laws and if I stumble I ask for forgiveness and try to do better in the future. I should get a bumper sticker: Christians aren't perfect; just forgiven.

But I digress.

Thank you for this thread, it has given me a little more insight into Rosh Hashana.

I just thought of something!!! Christianity is nothing more than Judaism with that extra lil Sum-Sum (Jesus.) Christ said that He did not come to change the Old Testament, but rather to fufill it. Does this imply that Christians should keep Jewish holidays like Hanukkah and Passover as well as celebrating Easter and Christmas?

Happy Easter/Passover to you BTW. - OC

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: I think that if you can add some information on a generation being 70yrs that it will bolster the argument your post makes there, becuase I thought it was 40yrs... but I fully understand that didn't include the age the Israelites already where when the went into the wilderness for a whole generation.

Personal Disclosure: Glad to help and I hope it does help!

First of all, before reading my next paragraph, keep in mind,
Matt 24;21-22 for then shall be tribulation,such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time,no,nor ever shall be. And except those days be shortened,there should be no flesh saved:but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

As for the seventy years being a generation, Psalms 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten:and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,yet is their strength labour and sorrow:
for it is soon cut off and we fly away !

A score is 20 years ,we have three scores=60 plus ten=70, then that would make fourscore 80 yrs but as you can see that figure is soon cut off.

notice the days are cut short in the reference in Matt, and in Psalms we see the extra ten years being cut off,and we fly away!.

The whole of Psalms 90 is chock full of mysteries, and speaks of God's wrath as well as the phrases
"watch in the night" and "Thou carriest them away as with a flood". then the we fly away .sound familar?

there are some other scriptures I am studying now, in hopes for more confirmation of the 70 yrs equaling a generation

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
No rapture will ever happen....ever!

Im no prophet, but mark my words if you like... Never going to happen, no date, no time, no where will people just disapear or be taken up with God...ever.

You'll be waiting on your death bed for this event guys... Give it up

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Did you know the Jesus was born in September and not December when Christians celebrate his birth.

The bible will tell John the Baptists date of birth because a well known event happened.

It also says that Jesus was born EXACTLY 6 months later.

John was born in March and 6 months is September.

The bible says the shepards were in the fields.

They are not in the fields in December.

I do not know if what you write of will transpire.

I hope it does not.

My birthday is in September.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Im no prophet, but mark my words if you like... Never going to happen, no date, no time, no where will people just disapear or be taken up with God...ever.

Scripture and verse please

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I don't need scripture to see what is foolishness... but if i must.

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."
5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

*sigh*

I could give you 100 verses but it means nothing... The fact is God will never seperate us, we already do that on our own. No person is any better then the next... The very idea that God will somehow take you away from the world and leave the rest of us to deal with some up comming cataclysm is rediculious. Just because you label yourselves with a religion or because you believe in Jesus and you're "saved" that some how makes you holier then the rest of humanity. Its one of christianity's greatest "stumbling blocks" the belief in fairy tales.

We are all equal, every single one of us regardless of your sins. God will never seperate us....EVER!

Humanity's beliefs already do...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I don't need scripture to see what is foolishness... but if i must.

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."
5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

*sigh*

I could give you 100 verses but it means nothing... The fact is God will never seperate us, we already do that on our own. No person is any better then the next... The very idea that God will somehow take you away from the world and leave the rest of us to deal with some up comming cataclysm is rediculious. Just because you label yourselves with a religion or because you believe in Jesus and you're "saved" that some how makes you holier then the rest of humanity. Its one of christianity's greatest "stumbling blocks" the belief in fairy tales.

We are all equal, every single one of us regardless of your sins. God will never seperate us....EVER!

Humanity's beliefs already do...

First of all, I don't consider myself holy and my righteousness is like dirty rags,and I am not religious,
religion is the enemy of salvation.

And you are right, we are all equal because all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God,
which is why we all need a savior,we cannot save ourselves, and all have the same opportunity to take on the righteouness of Jesus, but all will not.

It is true that the kingdom of God is within those who except God on his terms,our being good on our own is not enough, we can never be good enough,but the sciptures referring to the kingdom of God, have nothing to do with the wrath of God that is going to be poured out, and since the bible tells us that the children of God are not appointed to wrath, that means that we will not be enduring the wrath of God

If God never seperates then what happened during the flood?

And why does Jesus refer to the seperation of the goats from the sheep. the wheat from the tares?

p.s. if you are a child of God why would you call my beliefs foolish? that sounds like the speach of an unbeliever.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Great questions actually...

The Flood wasn't a world wide flood, it was a regional one, science has proven that.... never in recorded history has there been a world wide flood. Perhaps im wrong but i highly doubt it, and bible references to the flood prove nothing.

As for the parable you're speaking of...

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Read carefully, he says " do not seperate the wheat from the tares, let them grow naturally... when its time they will be seperated.

This doesn't refer to the rapture, it refers to death.... when you die you will have your time to see if you are right with God. Until then love everything in creation, do your best, live your life the best way you can. When its time for you to return home all will be revealed, you will understand your mistakes in this life. Perhaps you might have to return for more lessons, but thats for no one to know but God.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

First of all, I don't consider myself holy and my righteousness is like dirty rags

Don't beat up on yourself, the only sin you should worry about is sinning against God, which is to not show love to another part of God.

Christ gave you the law, the two commandments which all others are dependent on... Live by those and you can do no wrong

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

As far as your statement about the flood.I don't know about that, I choose to believe what the bible say's about the flood, rather than what another human say's, after all it was God who created the flood, besides I live in the smoky mountains of Tn. and there have been fossils of salt water fish found on the highest peaks of these Mountains,but there is no ocean around here. but if the flood was only regional that makes it even more of a miracle, since every thing on the face of the earth would have been destroyed by only a regional flood.

edit on 23-4-2011
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join