It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists puzzled over mystery of dead sharks washing up on Florida beaches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Scientists puzzled over mystery of dead sharks washing up on Florida beaches

April 23, 2011 – FLORIDA , MANATEE COUNTY - A mystery is brewing on Manatee County’s beautiful beaches — researchers are trying to figure out why sharks are washing ashore dead. Recently more than a dozen dead sharks were found on the north ends of Longboat Key and Anna Maria Island. “There were no real indicators of what went wrong with them,” Dr. Nick Whitney, Staff Scientist for the Center for Shark Research at MOTE Marine Laboratory said. “There are no obvious signs of damage from fishing or net damage or anything like that.” The species of sharks found were bonnetheads, blacknose and sharpnose. Whitney said he’s ruled out the possibility that the sharks died as a result of last year’s oil spill. “Oil spill is pretty unlikely because these animals tend to be coastal,” said Whitney. “They move up and down coast, but they wouldn’t tend to go off shore and in deep water where oil is.” For now, Whitney says what happened to these sharks remains a mystery. Researchers have sent samples from the sharks to a different lab to try and see if red tide killed them. However, they say this is highly unlikely since they have not detected any red tide in the area. –Bay News 9

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

edit on 23-4-2011 by TheMindWar because: forgot link

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
they ate toxic fish?
for the guy to dismiss the oil volcanoe in that off hand way certainly sounds suspicious

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Nice find
It is disturbing knowing this could very well be signs of a quake i or near US. I pray thats not the case but...I canot fool myself in such thinking...scary...

REDWOOD CITY, California

An unusual phenomenon has struck the Peninsula, leopard sharks are being found dead along the shore.
The cause of their death is currently unknown. It could be pollutants, but so far no one knows for sure. The first sharks were found a couple days ago in a slough near Redwood Shores by a boy out exploring the area.

The dead and dying leopard sharks are up to three feet long.

Link to full story&VID

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

“Oil spill is pretty unlikely because these animals tend to be coastal,” said Whitney. “They move up and down coast, but they wouldn’t tend to go off shore and in deep water where oil is.”

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that some of the sharks food probably comes from these off coast areas he's talking about? How can he just rule out contamination from the oil spill?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This could be a part of a environmental process called as
concentration of chemicals in a certain ecosystem which
led to the death of sharks.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Something is fishy about this.
Seriously, this made me think of the dolphin kill about a year ago. Considering sharks can eat just about anything I am more than willing to bet the kill is related directly or indirectly to the oil. Contaminated sea life is my guess.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I mentioned this on other sites and the resons for it.

i completed an indepth study and put it on utube.
now i am not a video expert but these animals are dying for a reason and we need to help these also.

first video

youtu.be...

second video
youtu.be...

they are not that long 1st one is 7 minutes.
i have worked for some of these people and i know how evil they think.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by borusch1

wow, just finished part 1 and staring part 2.. amazing stuff.. yet, maybe the google blue areas are a test bed for a defensive force field type area and "they" are testing the shielded blue areas to make sure they are safe when the "weapon" which is yet secret is used to wipe out all life outside of the blue areas!! then woohooo, the third world which are the problems, savages, and breed like rabbits crowd would be gone for good.

And the blue shaded area people would be safe and able to colonize the areas where all the stone age savages used to live...

reason, all the shaded blue areas are the most civilized societies with the most intellectually advanced peoples who are closely related to the elites. the unshaded blue areas are where the following type people live:

1. primitives
2. guys who marry 12 year old girls
3. places where the savages use gang rape as punishments
4. do public stonings, cut hands off of thieves
5. breed like rabbits (which worsens population problems)
6. encroach on remaining forests
7. act like a bunch of tribal savages.

I always wished the elites would annihilate the third world so us civilized could colonize without worrying about living amongst a bunch of third world savages.. my theory seems correct as the elites would much rather have the people of the blue shaded areas left (as per Georgia Guidestones) due to use being more advanced mentally, intellectually, sophisticated, and religiously/spiritually.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Pole shift? Sharks do have a sixth sense which can detect electrical currents in other fish so that they can find them.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LukeT0116
Pole shift? Sharks do have a sixth sense which can detect electrical currents in other fish so that they can find them.

www.livescience.com...

Ahh yes, the ampullae of lorenzini. Sharks are super sensitive to certain stimuli but I doubt something of that nature is what killed them. It is probably oil induced in some way. Probably the prey that the sharks were eating got the toxins in them from the prey that they ate. I can't imagine all the phytoplankton and zoo-plankton that are contaminated from the huge spill in the gulf.
edit on 23-4-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Probably the insane amounts of radiation that Japan is dumping into the ocean and is now caught up in the ocean current.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i think it is wrong to think that.

these animals deaths were happening before any nuclear disaster or dumps in the sea.
these harmless and defenseless creatures were targeted on purpose to make people believe that bible prophecies were coming true.
they have manipulated everything from our world over generations to rid us off of this planet because kings gave us protection and equal rights and they were that selfish they got together to put their plan in order.

what we are seeing is the implementation of a clever design.
which targets each sector of society.
i.e.
religion
ufo/aliens
poleshifts
solar flares (which haarp can create)
mayan prophecies
etc
so when we see these thjings happening we will argue and never agree with each other.
and in the background they are bringing in their plan.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

That rediculous just because the swim the coast lines doesnt mean they wont be exposed to the deepwater oil spill.... what about lower down the food chain and what the sharks have been eating possibly could have a high oil content which builds up in the shark as it eats alot of fish.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by borusch1
i think it is wrong to think that.

these animals deaths were happening before any nuclear disaster or dumps in the sea.
these harmless and defenseless creatures were targeted on purpose to make people believe that bible prophecies were coming true.
they have manipulated everything from our world over generations to rid us off of this planet because kings gave us protection and equal rights and they were that selfish they got together to put their plan in order.

what we are seeing is the implementation of a clever design.
which targets each sector of society.
i.e.
religion
ufo/aliens
poleshifts
solar flares (which haarp can create)
mayan prophecies
etc
so when we see these thjings happening we will argue and never agree with each other.
and in the background they are bringing in their plan.

I hate these posts not everybody reads the bible! or beleives it! I had an awsome T-Bone Steak last Friday whilst knocking back a few JD's.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

hello
i think it's more important then we think all this animal death
in 2005 just one case, in 2008 5 cases ... juste one in a years or five in a years and 198 case in five month....for 2011

only for the month of april we have 30 cases of mass death animal i made a thread about this mass death if you want know more take a look you will find all the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-4-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dniMnepO

clearly you didnt read my post properly
i didnt just use the bible as a an example of constant brainwashing.
there are plenty more examples.

top topics

join