It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had a dream about the rapture - and it scared me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You'd think by reading sites like ats, one would have disturbing dreams like this all the time, but I don't. In fact, i haven't been on ats at all this week and these topics were the last thing on my mind lately because I've been working working working so much. Obsessed with work lately.

I'm going to log this while I can still remember it. First thing i remember is being around people, I may have been working..... someone brought up that the rapture is coming. I said no it's not, that crazy cult that thinks May 20th is the rapture is nothing but a crazy cult. Then I saw my mother in law (who is very religious) start praising god that the rapture is coming. Everyone began to say that we will all see when the light shines down from heaven. Just as soon as they said that, I saw a light in the distance.

I'm in a building, but it's as though I can see through it now. We all can. The massive light in the distance started getting closer and closer to us. A fog rolled in with it. And what looked like giant branches, spinning from a tree so big in the mist that only it's giant branches would stick out of it as it spun. All of this got closer and closer until it reached us. And when it did, Jesus himself appeared in the light and stood before us all. He didn't say a word. He didn't have to. Everyone immediately, almost zombie like (honestly I could taste the fear in the room) all just bowed before him without question and without taking the time to even freak out about it.

I personally was freaked. First thing I though was bluebeam, then I thought aliens, then I though, ok but what if this actually is the real deal? When the room bowed, it felt as though their weight made me bow too. Maybe it was my fear. I'm not sure. Then Jesus entered this entryway. I don't know what it was, it opened into the mist. Some sort of elevator, or ship maybe? I couldn't tell. But everyone started to walk in it. I'm in the middle of this crowd and I'm just walking with everyone else. We get inside, and everyone is happy.

I look outside of the entrance, and I spotted a few people who did not get in. I didn't recognize anyone out there that didn't get in, but they almost looked as if they were unaware this was happening right in front of them. One girl was staring at us, but looked like she was staring off into space. She was atheist. (don't know how I know this except for that this was my dream and there is an extra sense ability in dreams, I guess because they are our own creation anyway.) Everyone was a stranger to me. Although Patrick Stewart was sitting at a table reading. He looked unaware, or uninterested. Everyone else was just moving around. Going about their daily activities maybe? Everyone just seemed unaware.

So I decide in a panic to jump out of this "thing" we were all in. I turn around and their faces are all in shock. They screamed, "why are you leaving???" I said "because I need to find my daughter." They told me everything was ok and I should get back on. I said "no, I need to find my daughter and my husband. Everything is not ok. Your Jesus won't take them because my husband is not a believer and my daughter is not baptized. And that is not right! It's wrong of god to ignore my innocent baby because she was not baptized!"

And they they all left. And with them, the peaceful music and loving surrounding left as well. Then it started. It seemed hell on earth was now rolling in. Visually actually, and it's too hard to describe with words. I ran out of the room. I didn't want to see it. I only wanted to find my family. As soon as I go outside, I looked behind me and saw the new entryway open up before everyone. It looked like there was fire inside. I didn't keep looking long enough to see what it was, i just kept running to find my family.

A massive worldwide earthquake started. I could hear heavy metal music in the distance. I saw an underground bunker ahead. Part of me was feeling regret for not staying with the others. The earthquake made me feel like this really was the real deal, and I just walked away from it. I was scared, but I only wanted to find my family. I left a pile of money on my desk and while I though I may need to go back and get it, I instantly realized, that money is no good to anyone anymore so it doesn't matter. The bunker was shaking pretty bad from the earthquake and I had the sense that it wasn't safe anyway. I kept running to find my family. The stress of the dream woke me up. I tried to go back to sleep but I just couldn't. I've had my fair share of nightmares, but this felt very strange and very scary to me. I thought I was going to throw up right after I woke from this dream.

I'm still stressed. As I type this I feel like I'm being watched. I've never had rapture dream before. And only once before did i ever have an end of the world dream. I was a child when I had it. It's been a long time. And that dream I had as a kid deserves its own post so maybe later I'll take the time to log it here. There is so much symbolism in this dream it will take me a while to sort it all out. I just wanted to log this while it's fresh.

The image of Jesus: It's really really hard to put this into words. It was not what I would have expected. It was very strange. Full of symbolism. The images of Jesus alone will take some time to sort out. I will try to describe it. His shape and 3d appearance looked much like a Michaelangelo painting. But his surface texture looked as though it was made up from pages of the bible. Text and images. Black and white. All wrapped around him. I'll be honest, as art... it was brilliant. It was amazing. I remember even thinking, wow...if the gov or aliens are making this happen, kudos to them for making Jesus look so artistic!

Anyway, lots to sort out....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
\M/ Heavy Metal Earthquake FTW! \M/

Sounds like a standard end times dream for the most part. I have had similar dreams full of symbolism like that. I think people put too much weight into their dreams though...I mean, if you have a nightmare, how often does that nightmare occur in real life?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I can well imagine how you feel right now. Please remember though that belief in church doctrine is not going to do anyone any good at all. That's only belief in doctrine. Baptism doesn't make you a believer, it is not what "saves" you. Your connection must be wholly with yourself (in the knowledge of the god spark inside you) and with God, whatever name you call your creator. What you needn't feel is fear. Feel joy in what you do, in your choices, in your actions, in your thoughts. As you say, there is a lot of sorting to do now, but know that you can choose. Your daughter will not be "abandoned" because she wasn't baptized. She has her own soul and will only be seen for who she is. We are all who we are and our truth is in that, not in whether some church has confirmed our registration. Our permission to be born, to be married, to die, to believe rests in our hearts alone. It's not a matter for church nor for state. Our hearts are what matter. Feel joy. Choose well. Stay true to your Self.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've only ever had two end of the world dreams before in my life.
The first I had when I was a teenager (maybe 14/15). I dreamt that I was in having a barbecue with my family and extended family, and there were several neighbors as well, and I went inside to get some more drinks. I noticed it was getting a little darker outside, but paid it no mind because I figured it was just a cloud passing overhead. When I came back outside I noticed everyone was looking up. No one was talking. I looked to the sky to see what everyone was looking at and I saw that the sun had turned blue. At this point I woke up. I remember telling my mother about the dream and she told me she had the exact same dream as a child, and that when she told her mother about the dream, that her mother had said that she had the same dream as well. Kind of weird.
I am 32 now, and have a child of my own (3 years old). I recently had a dream that I was in Vegas at night (I've never been there, so I'm sure the Vegas in my dream is a creation of my own image of what I believe Vegas would be like anyway...), and in this dream I am looking for my son (as you were looking for your daughter). There were several people in the street, not as many as you'd expect to see in Vegas, but a dozen or so at least. No one was speaking, they were just standing still. I, my wife, and one or two strangers (who were a part of our group) made our way up to a skyrise rooftop to see if we could get a better view of our surroundings. Upon reaching the roof I saw my son and my Goddaughter (also 3). They were standing, dazed like the people on the street. My goddaughter then began walking, my son following her, right off the ledge of the building. I remember running to the edge and looking over, horrified to see my goddaughter hitting the street 20 stories below, but relieved to see my son lying on a balcony 1 story down. I jumped down to my son and crabbed him into my arms. His eyes opened and then I woke. These are two of the most memorable dreams I've had in my life. Both of which scarred me in some way.

People always describe Christ's return as "seeing him appear". The Bible mentions him returning with a sharp tongue, fire in his eyes, and robes dripped in blood, which I envision as a metaphor for being dressed in red, angry eyed and talking $h!t about all the wrongs that man has committed. The point is it seems as though everyone in the world is to "witness" this return. In order for this to happen he'd have to be multiple places at the same time. So this rapture may be more of a symbiotic sub-conscious between all of those chosen. As you said in your dream, no one not chosen seemed to be able to see the rapture. Interesting dream. Being a parent, I would've made the same choice.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
That was an amazing dream. My assistant at work had the same dream ten years ago, only he was on a bus riding. He said that it was so real and vivid that he remembers it to this day as if it just happened. Here is something that I read this morning that hit me hard. The purpose in bold is very comparable to what Hermes said in the Emerald Tablet. We have a very interesting discussion going on about this Here.

Ephisians 2
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Enerald Tablet

0) Balinas mentions the engraving on the table in the hand of Hermes, which says:
1) Truth! Certainty! That in which there is no doubt!
2) That which is above is from that which is below, and that which is below is from that which is above, working the miracles of one.
3) As all things were from one.
4) Its father is the Sun and its mother the Moon.
5) The Earth carried it in her belly, and the Wind nourished it in her belly,
7) as Earth which shall become Fire.
7a) Feed the Earth from that which is subtle, with the greatest power.
8) It ascends from the earth to the heaven and becomes ruler over that which is above and that which is below.
14) And I have already explained the meaning of the whole of this in two of these books of mine.

reply to post by Under Water

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Hi Mactire

The rapture and second coming of Christ are two distinct events. Hence one where people are looking up and Jesus is not visible to everyone, and the second coming where He is visible to everyone.

Regarding the second coming we read....

Matthew 24:27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Matthew 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

Anyway I wish to share my dream I posted on the other thread just last night regarding the rapture (its a cut and paste) but just wish to mention that since the time I had this dream and now, I have not felt like the current times are approaching this monumental event like I do now given current events around the world and I have been waiting for this for over 20 years. Anyway here is the dream I posted on the other thread in this forum....

I would like to share one dream I had way back in February 1991. It was a dream of the rapture as I mentioned and it was extremely powerful in that it felt so real and vivid, like nothing I have ever experienced. I had only just woken up and looked at the clock and fell back to sleep and had the dream.

I was walking down the yard toward the river at my folks house, it was early morning and still dark, which was the time I woke up to incidentally. As I was walking I felt a powerful sense of faith and felt I could walk on air and several moments later, I started walking up invisible steps. Without even realising what was forthcoming, I got caught into a type of position where I froze and started slowly raising upward beside the trees (everything in my dream looked like what it does really in life) and was just floating upward. I felt frightened initially but then started feeling peace at thought of meeting Jesus in the air above the clouds. As i ascended toward the top of the trees I woke up, and glanced at the clock, seven minutes had passed.

I've had powerful dreams in the past, but this one was by far the most powerful of all, I sometimes wonder if it was an outer body experience of sorts. :-)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have to say your dream is pretty accurate to scripture in a lot of ways. For example when you saw jesus you saw words wrapped around him. John 1 jesus is described as "the word" made flesh. There is in end time prophecies scriptures concerning earthquakes, even one major earthquake that shakes the entire earth. Also says the new world order will bring in a global economic system doing away with cash and all forms off currencies in favor of the new currency system which is a cashless society to all those that take the mark of the beast. There will be people left behind and its the most talked about time in scripture the hardest time this world will ever experience. I recommend if your life is not right with jesus get it right and make sure yoyr family is right with jesus by accepting him as their lord and savior. I woupd take this as a sign to get serious if you need help pm me.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

With all sincerity I second this post.

Act 2:17 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.
Act 2:18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy.
Act 2:19 I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass [That] whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.'

edit on 23-4-2011 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i think the voice in your head saying "Project Bluebeam? Aliens?" was the right voice. Who knows, maybe it was your angelic conscience.

If I were fully conscious in that situation, I couldn't help but test Jesus and have him prove to me he is the Son of the Truth. You said you felt fear?? From what I know of Jesus, his love overpowers all fear.
For all you know, it was a premonition and the Galactic Federation of "light" was seeing how you'd react in astral realm. Nevertheless, sounds like YOU operated with your heart!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You know, that reminds me part of what made this dream feel the way it did to me. Lots of times, in our dreams, we act differently from how we would in real life. Sometimes I wake up shocked at what I was doing in my dream. In this dream, everything about it felt real, including everything about me. I was 100% me in this dream. I reacted exactly like I would have in life. That realism is part of what made it so scary to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

"Also says the new world order will bring in a global economic system doing away with cash and all forms off currencies in favor of the new currency system which is a cashless society to all those that take the mark of the beast. "

I don't remember it saying this. I think it says that you will not be able to buy or sell without the mark but no reference to a cashless society. Please take a look at Muslim Sharia law and similarities between the antichrist and the Imam Madhi. Sharia law virtually prohibits buying or selling unless you are a Muslim but it is not a cashless society.

This might be of interest: www.abovetopsecret.com...
(a nice chart is on the top of page 2)

Back on original topic; I find these threads very interesting and there seems to be common experiances from different people. Thank you for sharing!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

The image of Jesus: It's really really hard to put this into words. It was not what I would have expected. It was very strange. Full of symbolism.

Anyway, lots to sort out....

Jesus isn't real.....nor is God or the "rapture"............so all you had was a dream about a fantasy that those of "faith" are trying to sell as "truth" but in truth all religion is BS...........albeit a dangerous and often violent type of BS.

The only thing you need to sort out is distinguishing fantasy from reality, but Jesus I repeat is just a man made fairy story.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I had a dream a few weeks ago that millions of people were going to be returned to "God" or the "one" too, which I took to mean that millions would die.

My didnt have anything to do with the Rapture, though, and there was no indication in any way that non-believers would be treated in any way differently from people from the various religions.

Dreams communicate to us in language and images we are familiar with. I was not exposed to religion as a child. I have no deep rooted or even shallow rooted programing for any religion, although I study them as an adult, and have always loved mythology. My dream used imagery from a mystic experience I had in 2000 to communicate the idea that many may be returning to God, or the One.

Im curious to see if more people have dreams of massive death, or rapture, or other means of people in the millions suddenly leaving Earth/life. If its any comfort, I dont think you need to worry about your husband or your daughter. By your fruits you will be known.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
I have to say your dream is pretty accurate to scripture in a lot of ways. For example when you saw jesus you saw words wrapped around him. John 1 jesus is described as "the word" made flesh. There is in end time prophecies scriptures concerning earthquakes, even one major earthquake that shakes the entire earth. Also says the new world order will bring in a global economic system doing away with cash and all forms off currencies in favor of the new currency system which is a cashless society to all those that take the mark of the beast. There will be people left behind and its the most talked about time in scripture the hardest time this world will ever experience. I recommend if your life is not right with jesus get it right and make sure yoyr family is right with jesus by accepting him as their lord and savior. I woupd take this as a sign to get serious if you need help pm me.

this is the best advice you will read in this topic.listen and be glad

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I hope no one minds me using my post as a personal dream diary as I try to uncode this dream. Of course, anyone who is interested in dream interpretation, feel free to play along. This dream has still left me feeling uneasy and I want to understand it better.

I'm going to try and interperet the dream symbols one at a time, starting with one image that I can't get out of my head, that seems to have been overlooked here.... The Spinning Tree

The tree was extreemly large, a giant. The fog surrounded it so that only the huge branches sticking out of the fog were viewable. They were grey. Like a dead tree. No leaves.

Here's what I've been able to find about it as a dream symbol:

Psychological Meaning: Trees are symbols of the soul and the life principle. The type and condition of the tree tells of your spiritual condition at the moment. For example, a withered tree may show that you lack inspiration and the desire to life to the full. It may also show your concerns about getting older. Damage to any part of a tree represents damage to aspects of you. The tree’s branches represent your higher functions, the trunk your social role and the roots the foundations of your personality and unconscious.

Mystical Meaning: A tree can also be a symbol of time. The root represent the past, the trunk the present and the branches the future. Perhaps your dream contains a prophecy or says something about your hopes and fears for the future?

Further research into trees as dream symbols points to most dreams of a very large tree representing the tree of life, known as the tree of knowledge from eden in western cultures, or the world tree from eastern cultures. Also, since the tree was hidden behind a fog, and the only part of the tree visible was the branches, then I would have to conclude the tree as a dream symbol represented my future, rather than past or present issues... and about my higher functions, since it is these things that only the branches represent.

The only references to a spinning tree I've been able to find has to do with, believe it or not, the tree of life. I can't find much on it though, if anyone knows of anything, i'm all ears.

I'll start working on some of the other dream symbols next.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Hey, Under Water!
You still working on this thread? I've been reading it, quite fascinated. Just wondering what else you've figured out, if anything.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've become distracted by the flood... but i do want to finish this!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
I've become distracted by the flood... but i do want to finish this!

Well, that's a good reason to be distracted! It's a good thing you at least got the dream posted on here. Hope you're doing well despite the flooding.
I know the farmers here can't get the fields plowed much less planted.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm doing fine. This epic flood is happening very close to me, so lots of family being effected, but our home isn't. It's hard not to think about what is happening.... but i do want to get to the bottom of this dream, especially with all this talk about saturday being the rapture.....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You are worry to much about the end of times fallacy, I have not problems with my dreams and usually the are about disasters and survival.

Just ease off the end of time threads, books and articles and start meditating more or you are going to end up with panic attacks and high blood pressure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join