It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Goverment supporting Torture of protesters in Bahrain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
UK Goverment supporting Torture of protesters in Bahrain.

UK Ambassador to Bahrain organising Torture

Saudi-backed Bahraini troops have opened fire on anti-government demonstrators in the village of Karzakan, injuring at least one protester.

Witnesses say the wounded protester was taken away by security forces, a Press TV correspondent reported.

Hundreds of anti-regime demonstrators also poured into the streets in the northwestern Bahraini village of Diraz on 'Qur'an Friday,' condemning the government's brutal crackdown on protesters.

Following the protest rally, security forces backed by military tanks and bulldozers rolled into the village. Diraz residents say authorities are planning to destroy village's mosques.

Since the beginning of anti-regime protests in Bahrain, authorities have reportedly demolished nearly 30 mosques across the Persian Gulf state.

Some of the mosques were located in Karzakan, Salmabad, Bu Quwah, and A'ali.

Also on Friday, Saudi-backed Bahraini troops entered Sitra and Malikiyah to prevent anti-government protest rallies.

The recent protests in Bahrain come while pro-government media is trying to show that the anti-government demonstrations have ended and that life has returned to normal.

According to state media, the Bahraini king has ordered compensation be paid to soldiers and security staff wounded in protests, including housing and other benefits for their families.

Dozens of protesters have been killed and scores have been injured since the uprising began in Bahrain in mid-February.

Protesters are demanding an end to the rule of the Al Khalifa dynasty.

Protesters say they will continue their street demonstrations until their demands for freedom, constitutional monarchy as well as a proportional voice in the government are met.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Not saying I don't think a blind eye is being turned to what is going on in Bahrain but I still wouldn't believe a word said by PressTV

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Would this be the same PressTV that refuses to broadcasts images of its own protesters and accuses them of being apart of a 'Zionist conspiracy' - just for wanting democracy?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Change the title of your thread, it is misleading and you are taking what is said out of context.

The guy DID NOT say the UK government was supporting torture, he said they had been supporting the leaders.

Also one mans opinion on PressTV doesn't hold any weight in the real world.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
nor does one mans opinion on a forum
the lybian rebels are all ready acknowledged to be al CIA duh
and britian suppports them...and they torture
DUH

hey remember the SHAW of IRAN bruitian supported him too

edit on 23-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
look,unlike some people on here,i'm not here for stars and flags,i'm here to give you alternative news..

and as for saying ,oh it's press TV so there for its rubbish and lies...honestly..what makes press tv any worse then fox or cnn or bbc....

i say it again...all i'm doing is giving you all news from the other side..some of you may well be happy to let fox or cnn or bbc,or any other western news media outlet to tell you what's happening around the world,but me personally,and i know many others like to get news from the other side of the fence as well,and come to your own conclusions.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Change the title of your thread, it is misleading and you are taking what is said out of context.

no i wont change the title as it's true.

The guy DID NOT say the UK government was supporting torture, he said they had been supporting the leaders.

the UK government are supporting torture as they are openly supporting the leaders,knowing full well what bahrain leaders are doing to its own people.

Also one mans opinion on PressTV doesn't hold any weight in the real world.

same could be said for any news channel,and as i said in my last post,getting news from the other side and make your own opinion on whats fact or fiction.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

No the title isn't true, the UK government does not support torture, they may have supported whoever, but it would not have been knowingly supporting torture, the government may have a lot of problems, but it doesn't stoop that low, and as a Brit I find your title offensive and inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well we here in Britain OBVIOUSLY support torture as we support the Americans

Bit of a misleading thread title to be fair.... We support Japan at a time of need too - does that mean we support whaling?

top topics

join