It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Original V For Vendetta Speech (Graphic Novel)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The Original V For Vendetta Speech (Graphic Novel)

The speech from the film adaptation of the V for Vendetta graphic novel written by Alan Moore has been widely posted on ATS and I'm sure many are familiar with it. It's a good speech and along with the entire film makes you think about the world and soceity we are living in today.

However, below is the original speech from the graphic novel. It's different to the one in the film and I feel is far better and a lot deeper. It's a great metaphor and the graphic novel as a whole is well worth a read!

Please note that I got the screenshots of the graphic novel from this link: Source

Here is the speech from the film version. Both the graphic novel and film are good in their own ways. I love the film (hence my avatar) and read the graphic novel after seeing the film, but I have an appreciation for both.

For those who have seen the film or read the graphic novel, which speech do you think is better? I know the author Alan Moore never wanted anything to do with the film as he often feels his work isn't given the treatment it deserves when being put up on the big screen.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Personally I prefer the film version - it's more concise. I saw the film first and likewise bought the comic book afterwards. I thought the film was much better, not that the comic book wasn't worthwhile, just that the film was classic.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

Yeah I know what you mean.

I think the graphic novel has it's merits though.

But Hugo Weaving really nailed it as V.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think that Alan Moore is both a genius and a shaman.
I prefer his own words everytime.
Take his view on conspiracy
for instance.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

He does indeed put it very well. I have always felt that there was no "Grand master plan". Rather there is a LOT of grand master plans by various groups and sub groups and minions and ultimately, it ends up in a giant chaotic cluster of activites that gets worse and worse over time. Occasionally someone succeeds in detonating the explosive mixture of scrambled intentions and we all get to start over in a way.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Alan just cracks me up when he talks about Anarchy
as the solution of all the worlds problems.

He has such a wierd effect on me.
I find myself becoming a giggling little kid
who want to sit at the foot of his chair and say "Tell me another!"

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I watched V for vendetta for the first time the other day and in view of the fact its a few years old I couldnt help but see how prophetic it was in view of the current police state in the UK. But then, isnt the UK (and their monarchy) the place that the major push is coming from for the NWO?

top topics

join