It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time browser, first time poster, from Scotland (with a couple of questions)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hello to all the lovely people of ATS, been on here for years reading posts and gathering info on various topics, figured it was about time i joined up. Looking forward to joining in with the discussions that go on here.

My first question is for those who contribute to the site from their mobile phones. i signed up using my mobile and, when i visit m.abovetopsecret.com (as opposed to www.above....) everything's fine, when i log in however, all i get is blank pages, does this happen to anyone else?

And my second question, yesterday about 5.30pm GMT i saw a thread titled "Breaking! 9.8 central tokyo! tsunami warning issued for entire pacific!" (which still appears on searches both here and on Google however, there's a 404 error when you try to visit it and i wondered why this is? The posts i did see mentioned there was a blackout across the whole of Tokyo, the event was all over Twitter and that the MSM were covering it up for some reason. Was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

So hello from sunny Scotland (ok, i lied, it's overcast at the moment but we have been enjoying some unseasonally hot weather for the time of year), now, where's my pipe? I'm off to have a smoke by the river

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Welcome to ATS..

I have no idea about posting from phones..

The earthquake thread was a hoax and quickly removed..
That's why we love ATS..

Be good and play fair..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Thank you backinblack

Oh, another question (sorry)

I'm filling out my profile info but, for some reason, ATS won't believe my time zone is GMT and automatically changes is to GMT+3 when i hit submit, on top of that, another thing that happens when i press submit is any 's i have in my bio automatically get a \ in front of them, what gives?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro
I'm off to have a smoke by the river

Which river?

The GMT thing should be fine and 's shouldn't be rendered as /'s or \'s.

Are you still using a mobile browser or are you on a computer (and if so which browser do you use?)?

-m0r

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

The river Tay

i'm on my laptop now and using Firefox 4

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Sorry I have no idea about any of your questions, just welcoming you to the site

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Welcome

The time thing is a little glitch, although it does actually set it to the right time even though it says it doesn't

The profile and the signature do not like punctuation very much so you can work round it by using HTML code instead. if you want an apostrophe for example you type & # 3 9 ; without the spaces.
You can find all the codes here

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS
Scotland is awesome

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks for the handy hint, i never did get into html codes but i've bookmarked your link for future use and have done my first ever html code to boot

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Oioi, which side of the Tay are you on, tayport or Fundee side..... Fev,Seven Eh! Tickle,Dingy Peh
)
Am just north o Fundee in smokietoon! and aye its a bit foggy n over cast the day...... poop.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by itaii

Thank you itaii, i do love living here, i think if i were to move from here only Canada or New Zealand would do

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Just to say welcome from Fife. Enjoy the forum.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Well, Scotland is a very beautiful place that's for sure, I lived there for over three years and it's always number 1 on our list of places we'd like to have a second home at if we could ! Welcome and have fun !

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LV426

Well, i'm on the Scumdee side. Originally from the town that you guys are playing at football today and, not only do i work in Smokietown on the doors but i'm supposed to be moving there next week!

Really looking forward to Angus life again!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

All the best for moving back to the auld toon, If yer on the doors yell not let me in with me tin foil hats on

Mon the Kippers

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LV426

You're more than welcome in the Millgate with your tinfoil hat on but if you go to Coast you'd have to take it off i'm afraid haha

Had me a couple of smokies yesterday

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
welcome from Livingston buddy.

Many a Scot on ATS

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

i have friends and Family in Livingston, my Mum's cousin used to play for Livingston RFC, my Mum's side of the family hail from Hawick and Newtongrange, thank you

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

I would look forward to see you in discussion and read your posts.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro
reply to post by zeetroyman

i have friends and Family in Livingston, my Mum's cousin used to play for Livingston RFC, my Mum's side of the family hail from Hawick and Newtongrange, thank you

lol i live 20ft from livingston RFC. If theres every a livi ufo spotting night let me know

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join