It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing will happen in 2012 thread (post if you agree with evidence)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I wanted to make a prediction thread for the "nothing will happen in 2012" theory. I try to be as scientific as I can be so anyone who finds evidence of this theory post here.
edit on 23-4-2011 by SkepticalOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm sure lots will happen in 2012, Will the world end.. NO. but that doesn't mean there will not be natural disasters, for example.. if the japan quake had happened in 2012 as opposed to 2011.. people would be going crazy screaming "its the end of the world!!"

I'm sure in 2013 people will come up with some rubbish about the world ending in 2015 because of some secret code in some silly old book, or some mis-calculation .. This I can predict.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalOne
I wanted to make a prediction thread for the "nothing will happen in 2012" theory. I try to be as scientific as I can be so anyone who finds evidence of this theory post here.
edit on 23-4-2011 by SkepticalOne because: (no reason given)

But.. you haven't posted anything scientific, er, wait, you didn't post anything at all really. Besides, if you think about it.. saying NOTHING will happen is as far fetched as saying the world's going to end.

That is to say, I really, really don't believe the world is going to end - but I honestly believe some major - and potentially catastrophic - events will take place. From what I've gathered, it all has to do with Solar Activity, which is basically what the Mayans "predicted" (all they really did was make a calender),

It's most likely Volcanic eruptions from 2012-2014 with precursor eruptions already beginning since last year (and much more prominent this year with Yellowstone and the Washington activity). That and increased earthquakes, super storms and disruption of satellites and technologies all play a part in the disasters that are expected to occur in 2012.

Major stuff, but the world will go on, at least for now.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The evidence points to toal financial collapse in th west
instigated by the PTB by the end of 2012
and Piers Corbin, the guy who actually gets the weather RIGHT
says ice age type conditions will commence in 2015

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Surely the world as we know it will end... in 2012? Most probably not! More than half of the world is aware of this date. So since the Universe likes surprises, odds are that nothing of any significance would happen on Dec 21, 2012. However, the cyclic nature of our world cannot be ignored. Cataclysms have happened many times in the past and will definitely happen again.

As per my humble research, the period of 12000 (+/- 500) years seems to be the length of one such cycle (Cant go now into all the clues and proofs that point to this fact). All I can say is that since the last mass extinction happened at the end of the last ice age (appr. 11800 years ago), there is a high probability of the next one happening in the next 400 years.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The only reason why natural disasters are appearing to be more common than ever, is because we have more coverage on them than ever before. 10 years ago you probebley wouldn't have heard of any earthquakes in forein countries as much as you do now.

Either that or there are more natural disaster or manmade than ever before and we are all gonna die OH NO!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Lol @ post if you agree WITH evidence.

There is no evidence that proves nothing will happen in 2012. The future is forever changing, constantly. You can't prove something will or won't happen on a certain date w/ out it, first, happening.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Uh..yeah, 2012, probably not going to happen, I haven't seen anything that indicates the worlds going to end, hard times more likely but that just seems like the earths cycle.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LukeT0116

And I agree the same for glogal whatever it is this week. It's not caused by millions of computers it's caused by massive ammounts of information going everywhere. But not everything you read no matter how official looking is true on the internet.

2012 just another birthday for me!!!

join