It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Truth About The Tea Party!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Of course a Tea Party member would be hated in Europe. They stand for everything Europeans don't.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm the Hispanic immigrant Tea Partier the left says doesn't exist.

Born in Costa Rica to Cuban parents.

Came to America for a better life free to earn our living.

Only to find ourselves in the world of G W Bush and Barack Obama.

I am a Tea Partier, an inconvenient one the left doesn't want to hear from
because they're stuck on the false narrative that all Tea Partiers are white and
hate people like me.

Please Ignore this post.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Can somesome pls start a coffee party, I'm getting sick of just tea everytime

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by ccponzi

I've had great debates with some Green Party folks over here. The talks get very heated, but in the end, we laugh, we drink, we drink some more, and it's all good. People are allowed their own opinions. Always.

It's just embarrassing for them, when those opinions are uninformed.

I work with the Tea Party in Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana and Florida...and some in Georgia and North Carolina when I get up around there.

Tea Party people generally have their own opinions. Though we are quite united in cutting the deficit, government spending, smaller federal government, etc. I don't have a clue how some guy in Switzerland thinks he knows what's going on in America with the Tea Party.

I just called my Swiss friend Friz by long distance. I asked him what the generally opinion of the Tea Party is in Switzerland. He said the Swiss could care less. The Franc is strong against the dollar. The Swiss love to come to America to vacation. There is no general animosity for Americans by the Swiss. They are doing just find not having gotten bogged down with the Euro.

But, you know how it goes with Swiss, Germans, French, et al. There will always be a small contingency who have a grudge against America, and they think their entire country feels the same way as they do.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It was an honest reply. If you want to base the Tea Party on ME, then go right ahead. You'd be limiting yourself, though.

Again, I never even hinted that I would base anything on anything. Why is it so hard for people to just respond to what I write instead of the preplanned arguments they already have?

TRY TO PAY ATTENTION THIS TIME.

I simply asked if talking with and reading posts from TEA party people on ATS

COUNTED AS INTERACTION WITH REAL TEA PARTY MEMBERS.

Nothing about basing anything on anyone, nothing about generalizing, nothing about any of the things you have responded with. It is a such a simple question. My head hurts from this, it is almost scary.
I am not sure how to dumb it down anymore. Two responses and neither of them were to what I asked.

I am just asking if talking to you counts as interacting with a TEA party member. That is all I asked, 4 times now. I am sorry if it is not coming across as it should. I really have no idea how else to ask it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gainsayer
Of course a Tea Party member would be hated in Europe. They stand for everything Europeans don't.

When I tell my german friends that I'm a Tea Party member, they look at me in shock! "Butbutbut. . you're not a racist! You're not evil and beat your children! You are a nice person! Why would you say that you're a Tea Party member?"

I'm changing hearts and minds, one beer hall at a time.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have an honest question for many of the self proclaimed TEA party members that this thread has kind of made me think of. Why do you suppose I see so many more mugshots of minorities on the news than say, upper class white girls?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Perhaps our Swiss friend should focus more on increasing tolerance in his own country, rather than smearing grass roots movements advocating greater liberty here in America.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

I am just asking if talking to you counts as interacting with a TEA party member. That is all I asked, 4 times now. I am sorry if it is not coming across as it should. I really have no idea how else to ask it.

Sorry your head hurts. I suppose if you want to count web interaction as "talking" then, yes. But I wouldn't say so personally. Face to face is what I prefer. But even then, it'd be just one persons' opinion.

Have you ever thought about attending a Tea Party rally in your area?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry OP.
That's not the original Tea Party.
What I mean is "modern day" tea party to be precise.

There was the beginning of a movement started by supporters of the Ron Paul campaign.
His relative popularity demanded it be co-opted. Right after his campaign raised about 6 million online in a single day. And so it was...

I've seen these vids, and many like them over on the Huffington Post I-Rag. Which by the way, if you'd like to see a bastion of hate and igorance...Read some comments over there.

Nice try at indicting, and stereotyping an entire group. You failed.
You are more than welcome to try again.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

And now the race card comes into play.............while having nothing to do with the Tea Party.
If you really need your question answered, look up the ratio of upper class white girls commiting crimes vs. minorites, then make up some pc excuses why and post them. You should work for this administration, at least they'd have one transparent person.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah there are differences

Only in the mind of the sheeple.

the tea party didnt create the fed,social security,or medicare and run this country into the massive debt that we all currently know.

Only because the Tea Party didn't exist when those things occurred. Who's running the Tea Party? The people that caused all of those things to happen.

there are clear differences.

Only if you identify two different wings as being from two different birds even though they're attached to the same body.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have an honest question for many of the self proclaimed TEA party members that this thread has kind of made me think of. Why do you suppose I see so many more mugshots of minorities on the news than say, upper class white girls?

Dunno. Ask the news agency providing the information. Do THEY have an agenda? What is the ratio of upper class white girls vs minorities that get mug shots?

Why do e drive on parkways and park on driveways? I don't get your question. (then again, I'm kinda slow)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Aren't you cute? Coyly trying to bring out that racism that we simply MUST be hiding? So tell me, why do you think it is? I'll give you a hint: Look through the FBI Uniform Crime Reports a little and maybe even a liberal can figure it out. Hint 2: It's not because the media are racist either.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It's economics.

People who are better off usually can afford to send their children to better schools and offer their children and themselves better lives outside of the ghetto.

When I moved to East LA I was expected to join a gang, sell drugs, and be a general menace because THAT is what is typical of a Hispanic immigrant in East LA. After so many decades it becomes almost cultural to reject educated society. I know because I was well spoken and chose to be educated over being a cholo, and got beat up and jumped all the time.

There is NOTHING wrong with people seeking out a better life be they white, hispanic, or black. I grew up in the crap. MANY in it liked it. They thought being a gang banger was cool, they thought drive bys were awesome. I'm not like that, I grew up in the land of entrepreneurial spirit, of the land of the free, home of the brave, of capitalism and opportunity.

It's worked out for me. And if I could get out when the statistics were against me then so can they. It's a matter of choice.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

if you know anything ANYTHING at all about teaparty members they bow to no elses whims.

they are a party that promotes the individual first and foremost theres no collective mentality

self
personal resposibilty

above all else.

they are dependent upon themselves and no one else thats why i like them.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Where are you getting your info on the Tea Party, I wonder.
And the Koch Brothers?

Koch Industries employees 50,000 people here in the States, and another 20,000 in other countries, for a total of 70,000 jobs worldwide.

Care to take a stab at how many their evil arch-nemesis, George Soros, employees?
Hint, Hint, it's a round number.

Of the 50,000 jobs created in the U.S. by the Koch Brothers, 80% are union jobs.

Here in Wisconsin, teachers unions, and public employee unions hold $5.5 million in Georgia Pacific (owned by Koch Bros.) corporate bonds.
Go right ahead and and boycott the Koch Industries.
It's only your pension!
Brilliant!

I appreciate your care and concern for what's happening here in the U.S. but if you're going to be so concerned with the elites' influence on government, the be concerned about all of it, rather than just picking the ones you disagree with.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Many Tea Party people are in it for reducing the ever increasing taxes and spending the government does . When you start to look around its surprising how many places you are paying some sort of taxes.

First your pay is subjected to fed, state, medicare and ss taxes
then subtract
Property tax which you were taxed first when you bought it then taxed to keep it yearly.
You buy a car taxed from the purchase then when title is changed and registered rate is depending on the cost of the vehicle taxing a taxed item .
Many utility companies use a transmission fee which is a tax on the usage added the metered usage then add to the bill which is then taxed for your final bill.

Some states institute a livestock tax depending on the farm animal it can be $1 -$25 per head . We have a few head to give us milk and cheese we don't sell any of it but have to pay taxes for the privilege of owning a few livestock . Which the feed is taxed since we are not a true farm to qualify for no tax on feed .

Retail sales subject to sales tax. Product is subject to transportation taxes from every state line the truck passes before delivery before its on the shelf you can bet its passed on as a price increase. So when you buy the can o' beans from the store and pay sales tax a portion of that tax is taxing tax, small but a double tax.

gas $3.69 $.36 is tax state and fed 10% + 8% sales tax
phone $55 $26 is tax state and fed 50% + 8% sales tax
cheep liquor $12 $6.70 is tax state and fed 50% + 8% sales tax
cigarettes $5 $2-3 is tax state and fed 50% + 8% sales tax

Some places your are paying taxes on taxes .

This general list of round figures is what Most of the Tea Party people see . Couple that with the the spending habit of the Government that is what is causing the growth of the Tea party . Even if the Koch Bros are involved Enemy of my Enemy is my friend .

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Look if even an moderator can't be neutral on ATS, I have nothing more to say. But hey it's all right, just let this thread die and go on with the destruction of everything.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
considering your swiss you should have been neutral yourself

im bouncing off this thread

peace people

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join