It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Truth About The Tea Party!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Whats the point in even being a democrat/republican/ect?

All of them report to the same cheifs that made every leader before them corrupt

I wish we all could group up together like we do with voting and electing presidents, to resist the people that control them, instead of encouraging them, just like they want us to. Its easier to just watch American Idol though..

Do you really think we are ever going to get a president that ""changes"" anything, when those same people that get them all into office control their decisions??

I don't..

So I don't think this tea party movement can do much more harm that has already been done

edit on 23-4-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SincerelySarcastic
You anti-TP people don't have a very good grasp of modern Conservatism, it is a mish mash of people, on my site I clearly make a distinction between Republicans and Conservatives, it's very safe to say that Repubs are Big Biz Illum lackeys, which is why they hate Conservatives. Most Talk Radio hosts bash Bush quite often, if they knew 9/11 was an Inside Job and that many terrorist organizations are financed by the Illum, many of the problems would go away. The main thing that modern Conservs get wrong these days is not allowing civil unions, but that can be blamed on Christianity. The other is they don't have a healthy mistrust for Big Biz like they do for Big Gov, but that's not true for all of them. Michael Savage, #3 Talk Radio host is a great example, he has been outcasted by MS conservatives for speaking out against Bush and the Banksters so clearly, he's even banned from Britain. He talks about the New World Order and their various plans and his book Trickle Up Poverty does a great job discussing problems inherent in "Capitalism". He also bashes the "free market" people, clearly pointing out that the free market sees slave labor as the best option, he's all about proper regulation while removing improper regulation. Then there is Ron Paul, he's been completely ostracized yet continues to be extremely popular (more online donations than Obama), there are plenty of Paul fans among the TP. As well, now the TP has Rand Paul, Paul's budget was so great that it doesn't get any coverage, it also includes a balanced budget amendment and balances the budget in 5 years rather than 25+. So the TP don't all tow the same Conservative line, I love me some Rush Limbaugh, but he definitely is too lax on Big Biz, though he rightly points out what the Libs are doing when they attack Big Biz.

The one thing that gives me hope is that all of these Talk Radio-esque Conservatives have one thing in common, they can not stand the Republican leadership, and the leadership can't stand them. As has been pointed out by many people, the TP is turning the Republican Party into the Conservative Party. Considering a third party doesn't stand a chance and would only give us liberals, what the TP is doing is our best bet. As Hannity puts it, he's going to support them when they're right, but he's going to be a fierce critic when they're wrong. So far these Conservative leaders have done a great job, they've attempted to repeal Obamacare in several ways now, while trying to get rid of C&T legislation and stopping funding to the number one abortion clinic, which was created by a elitist eugenicist. We've gotten quite a few politicians standing up for us now too, and oh yeah, they're basically all in the TP - Bachman, Paul, I really like Allen West, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Mike Pence, heck I'd take Sarah Palin or Trump over any Dem. There are also plenty of Repubs who are good people that support the TP but aren't actual members, my favorite would be Jim DeMint, he was the only Repub to stand up for the TP candidates during the elections. So regardless of how co-opted the TP might get, though I think it's done a good job, it's still more a force for good than bad, while all Dems have been nothing but a force for destruction. Luckily though it doesn't really matter, especially considering the s is going to hit the f very soon, then all of the lackeys will be thrown out while only those we can trust will be allowed to stay, I can't wait to see the ratio of Dems/Republocrats who get to stay compared to the TP members who get to stay.

Bruji, we all understand the problems with Capitalism and such, but there's about 75% good in there, all of the other economic systems have about 20% good in them, so what are the other options? True Conservatives and Libertarians see the good and try to make up for the bad, Dems see the bad and try to make things worse. I actually just wrote up something on my site about the balance you must achieve and how our society evolves and how we must hit certain points to keep the balance, an example would be the internet. The pinnacle would be free energy, so the good parts of Capitalism allowed this to be discovered, but the bad parts of Capitalism have suppressed it. Leftists countries would never be able to evolve to that point, they're too busy ignoring their own problems while ripping on Capitalism. It's like how the ME live like they're in the 7th century, instead of throwing out their leaders, they want to invade Israel. Free markets are good in the beginning when the playing field is level, but when we go into a country and give them a free market, it's just trasnational megacorps that benefit, so free markets become as free as free trade. So we must take the best parts of capitalism and hope the negative parts don't keep us from reaching major turning points, such as they did with free energy. All of these discussion are moot when free energy is brought into the equation. I'd like to see Capitalism with free energy vs. Communism with free energy, I certainly know who'd turn out best.
edit on 23-4-2011 by SincerelySarcastic because: (no reason given)

Great post! I would like to mention one thing about capitalism and the free market. When capitalism/free market economics was first conceived it was taken for granted that the participants in the system would be of the utmost honor and integrity. I think the Constitution shares this same idea about those that we the people elect to govern us. I think that this is a major flaw in both the idea of capitalism as well as the constitution. Having said that, neither were designed to function under a big government nanny state such as the one we have been building for the last century, so eventually the corruption and other negatives were bound to surface. In my humble opinion the only way out of this progressive nightmare lies within the state legislatures... the federal government is too far gone to effect any change.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bruji76

Capitalism is THE REASON WE CAN DIFFER...ARGUE...DRINK WINE FROM SPAIN.

or Texas....

Do you really think that capitalism was invented to enslave you? I would be more inclined to believe that capitalism was invented to distract you whilst you were being enslaved. And the only reason I would believe that, is because MOST people don't have a clue what is good for them.

They deserve to be slaves. Admit it.

Perhaps you deserve to be a slave. If you cannot recognize that you have been empowered beyond what most humans have ever experienced in their entire lifetimes, but you don't understand that you have?

To me, it is like a slave that has been given an opportunity for an education, and an opportunity to create a better life, but yet trashes a MacDonalds or an entire neighborhood instead.

And can't recognize the difference.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

american companies are over there because they have been run out of here.

no i was talking about the middle class because it is also their tax dollars that pay those people from their own hard work

and this is still about the middle class because the lower class benefits the most while two other classes are being destroyed all in the name of morality.

the people who employ the middle class is the upper class and with all those rules and regulations that are championed by the middle class is leading the way to its own destruction.

you dont like my views then stop talking to me was what i mean because it falls on deaf ears.

remember i am the antichrist.

You are not the antichrist. Just a poor misguided exploited fellow who was brainwashed into defend his masters instead of his own interests. Actually the valuable thing would be for you to actually read a bit other authors rather than just the ones who are randian so you may understand better reality. Even if you don't change your mind at least you would form a better thought opinion not only based on one sided propaganda.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Sorry, I must have missed the second analogy. However my response will be much the same.

Why do you suppose I see more animal cruelty cases on the news about dogs than I do horses?

Because the majority are more familiar with "dogs", thus more empathetic towards them.
Everything in our paradigm that is spoon-fed to us is purposefully designed to elicit a very specific and controlled emotional response. Those who control what you see and hear intend to control what you think and feel.

All they must do to sway the opinion of the majority is keep us fighting amongst ourselves, and mistrustful of each other. To this end, they teach us to value ideals which, "left" or "right", they do not themselves have any vested interest in. As has been said: "If you get the people asking the wrong questions, it doesnt matter what answers they produce."

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bruji76

reply to post by neo96

Now look at these two people - both appearing to be at opposite stands of the spectrum.

But when you take out corrupt government officials, I feel both would be satisfied. It is government intervention (people bribing the government in Tesla, and government taking from Paul to give to Peter) that is causing this.

We need a smaller government, regulate the market - but not to stifle it either.
edit on 23-4-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bruji76

point of contention of who is brainwashed

point of contention of who is defending his masters.

guilty of rejecting your reality and substituting my own..

one sided proganga eh. hmmmm.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by bruji76

or Texas....

Do you really think that capitalism was invented to enslave you? I would be more inclined to believe that capitalism was invented to distract you whilst you were being enslaved. And the only reason I would believe that, is because MOST people don't have a clue what is good for them.

They deserve to be slaves. Admit it.

Perhaps you deserve to be a slave. If you cannot recognize that you have been empowered beyond what most humans have ever experienced in their entire lifetimes, but you don't understand that you have?

To me, it is like a slave that has been given an opportunity for an education, and an opportunity to create a better life, but yet trashes a MacDonalds or an entire neighborhood instead.

And can't recognize the difference.

I think you have to read other sources that are not pro-capitalist before you make your mind. Your answer show you have an hemiplegic vision of reality. Try reading something from other POVs.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by bruji76

The thinking person is a fan of regulated capitalism...this allows it to remain a capitalist society for a long time

When capitalism becomes unregulated (dog off leash), it stops becoming capitalism and quickly becomes a corporatism

in the mid 80s, the dog was let off the leash.

we reap what we sow

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by bruji76

point of contention of who is brainwashed

point of contention of who is defending his masters.

guilty of rejecting your reality and substituting my own..

one sided proganga eh. hmmmm.

So who are my masters?
LOL
Have you ever read other than randian propaganda?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bruji76

i cant read i only know what the pundits on ats tell me

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bruji76

To be honest, there hasn't been true capitalism in quite a long time.

In a true market, free of corruption at the higher offices of government - the market would regulate itself (with safeguards put in place)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by bruji76

reply to post by neo96

Now look at these two people - both appearing to be at opposite stands of the spectrum.

But when you take out corrupt government officials, I feel both would be satisfied. It is government intervention (people bribing the government in Tesla, and government taking from Paul to give to Peter) that is causing this.

We need a smaller government, regulate the market - but not to stifle it either.

People in the government are just sock puppets of corporations. It is a mistake to think their corruption exists on their own without a background supporting it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by bruji76

To be honest, there hasn't been true capitalism in quite a long time.

In a true market, free of corruption at the higher offices of government - the market would regulate itself (with safeguards put in place)

Free markets are destroyed by capitalism itself via accumulation of wealth that leads to accumulation of power, and consequent abuse of power. Absolute free market is a chimera.
edit on 23-4-2011 by bruji76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

ganjoa

Creatures such as ourselves seem to have the compulsion to "believe in" a cause or a slogan and wholeheartedly support anything that bears the appropriate label. If whatever the platform/position being questioned doesn't fit in with our notion of what it must be to be a believer - then obviously the allegation is false, the messenger has no character and any consideration of such an abhorrent topic is forever taboo.

"Truth" is entirely subjective and believers and skeptics will revert/defer to their dogma when presented with cognitive dissonance in their positions. Seems far better not to identify oneself with any ideological group - much less lose one's identity to groupthink.

ganjoa

I hold my breath and start into these threads which will clearly end up in partisan bickering just to see if anyone ever budges. I seldom see it happen.

I also struggle through these threads to see what OTHERS have to say. Those like yourself who can see this two sided mirror for what it is, with both reflections spewing venom at their own reflections. Today, your reply caught my attention. So clear and succinct.

I am amazed that so many don't understand that the arguments that they use are the same used by the ones they are hollering at.

No wonder TPTB are laughing.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What authors on economy, society or philosophy have you ever read?
By your posts I would say you only read some Rand tripe, and even a resumed version of that.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bruji76

Yes, and I will agree with you there. Corporations have taken over the government, but please don't call that capitalism. The elite have been putting their finger in the pie for centuries - this current crop of economic issues is just them taking another step in their attempt to gain total control like when they had the divine right of kings. When people rose up and threw down monarchies / church rule it put a kink in their fun.

Now I do not have the solutions to the problems facing us - but you appear to have a all for one kind of mindset (excuse if that is not correct) - and we all know that doesn't work either. Those who are lazy, who do not want to work - will take advantage of this (and I say let those people rot)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by bruji76

That's where you're going wrong.

You think Capitalism is a social system. It's an economic system. And the only one that takes human greed and everything else into account.

Actually it is both an economic and political system. Maybe you are confusing democracy with republic...those are voting systems!

The whole point of American society is to have a government that protects the rights of people without violating the natural rights of people.

Natural rights is too vague and can be construed anyway one wishes to. If society has no laws and/or ethics then it becomes a society of lawlessness aka anarchy. Is that what tea party members want? Even republicans, as corrupt as they are, believe in statue laws...but rarely enforce them when it comes to big business.

You can be greedy all you want, but the second you start committing fraud you are violating others rights.

Greed, AGAIN, is NOT a product of capitalism, it is a product of being human. What about this do you not understand?

The US Constitution and capitalism is not about doing away with failure, which again, is part of the human condition. A part of nature you can't create a system to counter.
edit on 23-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

I see your point but again it boils down to "rule of the jungle" mentality which was tried under bush sr, bush jr, reagan and failed miserably. Its like asking the wolves to protect the sheep. With a weak(and often small) government it is much easier for powerful forces to control and manipulate to their advantage.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I happen to agree with you,
Capitalism MUST be regulated.
But, it MUST be regulated by an informed, educated, and motivated POPULACE.

WE are the problem. WE allow the beast that exploits us to live, because WE cannot recognize the beast.

We, the collective WE, are slaves of our own ignorance...used against us. The only cure is knowledge.

If I remember correctly, it was the SCOTS that brought universal education to the colonies....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

reply to post by bruji76

The thinking person is a fan of regulated capitalism...this allows it to remain a capitalist society for a long time

When capitalism becomes unregulated (dog off leash), it stops becoming capitalism and quickly becomes a corporatism

in the mid 80s, the dog was let off the leash.

we reap what we sow

1980's?

How about 1913 when the federal reserve was put into place

I would wager that is what destroyed America, It was known back then, found against, lost, and today is the days that they fought to prevent.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join