It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

41-year-old Ukrainian mother gives birth to 20th child

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What bothers me...not even finances and how is she getting bread for all of them. There is no way she can give enough love and care to all of them. We are struggling between jobs and duties and trying hard not to forget that our 1-3 children need attention and some special time spent together. Children need love and care, hugs and cuddle time
. Reading a book before sleepy time, etc. How do you do it with 10 children, not talking about 20.. These women like octomom they never even think about it. They raise their children like cattle: feed, wipe,put to sleep. What about other activities? I would love to believe they do spend time with each child and give each child as much love as they can, but it is physically impossible. Who has at least 1 child knows what I am talking about. So, sorry but I am not impressed and I feel sorry for those children.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by quitesane

The only reason we have trouble dedicating our time to our children is because of our "western" ways of thinking...we all work, sometimes more than one job...think our kids need to be signed up to every after school activity possible, plus play group, plus this, that and the other thing..and then we all fall to bed exhausted at the end of the day. In other cultures/countries this is not their way of living or thinking. If we find we don't have time for one or two children it's because we as adults have over burdened ourselves..not because one or two kids are too much to handle. Long ago it was the norm to have larger families and the mom usually stayed home. My dad comes from a family of 13 and each and every one of my aunts and uncles can recall the wonderful time they had growing up.

Michelle

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Ahhh love those boys

Just saw them here in Dallas over the weekend for the World of Dance Tour...
I taped most of their routine (true sickness)

And on topic:
Firstly, I have no idea why, in the sam hill (who is 'sam hill' anyways?! lol), anyone would want that many children!!!

And IMO, I find it irresponsible...there's no way those parents can give equal, adequate, and healthy amounts/quality of attention to ALL of them.
Not to mention the world's overpopulation issues...
SMH
*oh well, to each his own, right?*

edit on 25-4-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg

And on topic:
Firstly, I have no idea why, in the sam hill (who is 'sam hill' anyways?! lol), anyone would want that many children!!!

Sam Hill was a businessman who died in 1931 and traveled to Japan about 9 or 10 times...also, a euphemism for the devil

And IMO, I find it irresponsible...there's no way those parents can give equal, adequate, and healthy amounts/quality of attention to ALL of them.

I, too, agree with you about it being irresponsible, however, I think the rearing of children is a bit subjective in that some children are more autonomous than others. They dont all require the same amount of attention. Like Michele129th above you said, USA's "western" culture makes a lot of assumptions about precisely how children should be raised by the rest of the world.

Not to mention the world's overpopulation issues...

Absolutely.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
All the love in a large family is not top down; exclusively from parent to child. I am sure there is lots of love from older sibs to younger, and between sibs close in age.

There was mention of family gatherings being fun times. I think that should give you a clue. Being an only child can be a lonely experience in spite of being the centre of attention of your parents. The opposite must also be true. Growing up in a large family must be like swimming in love and attention.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
so how does she gonna raise all of the kids,

or can she even remember all of the kid's names..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The world is full of children born to to parents who don't want them.Some people have absolutely no business having children and should have** SNB ** tatooed across their foreheads for "Should not breed". Then you have those who are outstanding at nurturing and raising children. I can think of no more noble calling than parenthood for those that really want and love children.... and if they have the financial means to raise a large brood of children there should be no reason that they cannot.

It wasn't that many years ago that large families were the norm. And if TSHTF, you will see a return to large farm families. And so I wish this couple with 20 children, many blessings as they raise and enjoy a house full of love and laughter.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Now this I will agree with completely.

For those who handle the entire parenting experiencing before AND after the formative years, then I say Bless their hearts, absolutely. For the others, well, I made that stance pretty clear I'm sure already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join