It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

41-year-old Ukrainian mother gives birth to 20th child

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
News Article

Leonora Nameni has given birth to her 20th child, becoming the most prolific mother in Ukraine, local media reported Thursday. Doctors said the baby boy and his mother were well. Leonora, 41, said she was not going to stop there and planned to have more children.

wow, first of all, that is impressive

but how is she supposed raise a huge family like that?

Hope that she is not actually try to rival the Guinness Book of Records which made by Leontina Albina from Chile with 55 kids....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
are they all from the same father and i wonder how many people alive 1000 years from now will be able to trace their roots back to this lady, i heard 1 in 10 eurasians can trace their roots back to genghis khan but i think he had thousands of kids.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Great Story! All I can say is "Bless her heart". And I thought I had my hands full with four children forty years ago!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Damn how does she remember all there names, the school will have to have a special route just to pick them all up.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
After the tenth they just started falling out.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Sorry, best video I could find...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
there was an old lady who lived in a shoe,
she had so many children she didnt know what to do
so she fed them all broth ,spanked them soundly and sent them to bed ....

i would have stoped having babies at number 6
edit on 24/4/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Have you guys seen Les Twins? They have twenty kids in their family too. Madness. Check out dis $#!7:

And then have a look at their Wikipedia page.

I'm thinking you can come out just fine in a big family. Love can move mountains!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
those long cold winters....gotta do SOMETHING to pass the time....

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Impressive but not unusual...certainly not in rural, agrarian societies.

Up on the Blue Ridge Parkway stands a small cabin in which a woman gave birth to 21 children...my grandmother gave birth to 16 children...of which there were 4 sets of twins.

In farming communities, these sort of large families were a blessing... it meant that despite the loss of a few children through sickness, disease, and disaster...the family would continue. Further, the abundance of helping hands after a few years meant free farm labor...with the inherrent room and board included.

Not quite so common today in modern society, but I bet there is a wonderful time to be had at traditional family gatherings. I remember at Christmas, the floor being fully knee deep with wrapping paper, and tables full of pies and cakes from all of my aunts and uncles homes.

Yup...a blessed woman she is.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

back in the earlier years, families had huge amounts of children, half of them died before adulthood tho...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
Great Story! All I can say is "Bless her heart". And I thought I had my hands full with four children forty years ago!

Hmmm, Bless her Heart eh?? I'm not sure if you condone this or not.

Me personally, my first reaction is "Lady I hope you have some monetary plan in place and resources in place to feed and clothe and educate all those children otherwise you're selfish and irresponsible, as is the father(s) of them".

But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper

Hmmm, Bless her Heart eh?? I'm not sure if you condone this or not.

Me personally, my first reaction is "Lady I hope you have some monetary plan in place and resources in place to feed and clothe and educate all those children otherwise you're selfish and irresponsible, as is the father(s) of them".

But that's just me.

This is not a story of some woman on welfare pumping out kids fathered by any old Joe that comes by just to stay on the dole. It is a farm family with one husband and one wife. They don't need a welfare cheque or a Walmart to get their goods. They are most likely self sufficient.

I personally think there are too many people on this earth already, but I guess some places, not yet.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

This is not a story of some woman on welfare pumping out kids fathered by any old Joe that comes by just to stay on the dole. It is a farm family with one husband and one wife. They don't need a welfare cheque or a Walmart to get their goods. They are most likely self sufficient.

I personally think there are too many people on this earth already, but I guess some places, not yet.

Granted.

I still don't think this detracts from my point. Having a farm and being self-sufficient NOW, intimates nothing of the future for those children. How about when they grow up? Will they still be "working that farm"? Will it be enough to sustain all of them at the time?

It's easy to feed a little human being when all they consume are liquid products and mothers milk, not so much later on.

I also agree with you, my belief is that there are already far too many people.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
And people like that is one reason for this
How many now?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You guys all know that there are different lifestyles all over the planet, right? You know that money isn't everything, right? These people aren't starving or they couldn't make all those kids. They wouldn't survive. And my example up there... they live in Paris. Come on. There are no limitations on what life can bring you. Don't judge people so harshly.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Of course money isn't everything. No one is suggesting it is.

BUT being responsible IS everything, and having the right resources available (whether it be money, food, shelter, or the ABILITY to have those things available) is everything.

The world is RIFE with irresponsible people, and my point was, if this is another case of it, then "Bless her Heart" simply did not apply, in my eyes.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Madness. Yet another occasion where I desperately would like to know how the involved people actually are reasoning. Or maybe that is the thing; They don't. Not at all.

Having twenty kids popping out one after the other when the resources of thispoor Planet is sucked dry like God knows what, is as irresponsible as can be.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by littlesheep2011

Actually, another woman gave birth to 69 kids

wiki.answers.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join