It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of you need to think a little better

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I have been reading some of the posts from many people here, and you seem to think that you can just grab your stuff and head to the mountains..live off the land and excape the horrors of a major break down in the country or world....ok lets look at what you think you will do.

Your going to grab your bag and get to the mountains and forage for food...ok how are you getting there?
What is in your bag? do you have a weapon? I won't even get into what season it is.

lets just say that your able to make it to the mountains, even though thousands of people are doing the same thing...and they are also gathering food, just like you...ever been out in deer season for the first day of rifle? imagine that times 100...within 3 days everything will be shot or wounded..and dead or gone from the area.
What gear is in your bag? what is the weight of the bag? Are you stopping next to the road and setting up camp? do you have to carry it into the woods? how many trips to get it all there? who is guarding it while you go hide in the woods to set up camp?...so nobody steals it...that needs it too.
Ok now your in the woods on a mountain, you think your in a state or national park but your not 100% sure.All of the main places are filled with people that are closer to the park then you and some were there already camping and so you left with finding some place else close by the camp grounds...that saying that everyone there is being civil and not freaking out about the event.
you build a fire and set up camp. You see a cow and chickens around a farm,your out of nuts and fruit and granola... do you take a chicken...cuz your hungry and they are there? do you snoop around the farm cuz no body is there? do you take anything you need?

I ask this, because some of you think that you can just take take and take... it isn't yours, if you did that I wouldn't be suprised if you ended up staring down the barrel of a shotgun...or maybe they wouldn't show them self to you...they might just shoot you..no questions asked to the city folks that were stealing my chickens and squatting ...tresspassing and stealing from me..on my land.
I hope that you think out your plans better than your putting down here, because if you haven't...someone that finds or shoots you is going to get all your stuff, because your plan was so piss poor that you assumed that everyone was going to just let you do as you pleased because thats just what you thought that they should do...

Some of you think it will be like camping for the weekend, I'll have my computer and internet...phone and tv...all I know is that if TSHTF I want to be as far away from people that think like this as possible....just remember if TSHTF and you are on my land...if you can read MY signs on MY land...your in range and I don't ask questions.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
good post we do need to think but it doesn't always happen so quick i live be hind the mountains so it is posable just to bug in for me but what now your bragging that your so great

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You can't save everyone bro, some of em' will make it.... most of em' won't , Darwinism at it's finest. In simple terms It's "Improvise, Adapt & Overcome"... In It's Simplest it's "Evolve or Die"

You can teach methods but you can't teach mindset.

Most of the sheep expect their shepherd to take care of them anyway...
edit on 23-4-2011 by EyesWideShut because: I screwed up the 1st time obviously...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
You can't save everyone bro, some of em' will make it.... most of em' won't , Darwinism at it's finest. In simple terms It's "Improvise, Adapt & Overcome"... In It's Simplest it's "Evolve or Die"

You can teach methods but you can't teach mindset.

true that but he can only brag if he is bear gyills(i think thats how you spell it)
or if he is john 'lofty' wiseman(sas survival handbook

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I love your thoughts and opinions on this matter! I am lucky enough where i live to be able to get to the mountains in a short period and have made a habit of not letting my car get below half a tank of fuel! I have made preperations so that my family and i can bug out at very short notice, and with a little luck get to relative safety, but it all depends on what we are bugging out from. I have had some military training and have chosen a very out of the way place to get to that thankfully not many people know about.
But i think people in general prefer to stick their head in the sand and dont want to listen or understand the severity of these natural disasters that seem to be happening on a more regular interval!
Bring it on people...... make others think!! Love your work!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Im gettin a german shepherd an campin out in the mountains fosho. hes gonna do all the hunting. Ima just drink pee til i die if worst comes to worse

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEwTRUTH
good post we do need to think but it doesn't always happen so quick i live be hind the mountains so it is posable just to bug in for me but what now your bragging that your so great

No I am a USMC with over a decade in active duty and SERE school...you all watch to much TV...a better one to see is survivorman...not evryone here is new to the prep game or the woods...a lot of you on this site are going to be in a lot of trouble if you have to bugg out or even if the SHTF...sheep

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Yes many people haven't thought of a plan.
I have, i have moved to a small town at the foot of the mountains away from the coast, my gear is packed into several containers that have enough food split into waterproof containers, all the packs contain the same things, its not all the same thing in one box, that way if the car has to be left behind, we can easily just grap a few containers we can carry and not have to stop to repack what we need.
the same goes with survival kits, they are in layers with a each container having less of the non essentials so we can strip away what we dont want to carry as needed.

Yes i have a gps unit with solar charger but i also have paper maps and two compasses.
the areas i have chosen as target locations for camp are well away from main camping grounds and are near water and are known to contain fish.
know the types of terrain you plan to cross and if you can do a advanced survival course that runs at least a week, not just a weekend.
If you cant carry it in your pack, then you dont need it.
this is just the tip of the ice berg, you can never stop learning survival skill.
and its not bragging, its trying to help people get some idea on whats needed

edit on 23-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKIN-E
Im gettin a german shepherd an campin out in the mountains fosho. hes gonna do all the hunting. Ima just drink pee til i die if worst comes to worse

You're funny as hell bro!... THAT was the best laugh I'd had all day!
Awesome
Starrred for comedy relief!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I hope that many of you that don't prep, start and those of you that do, start to think about what your plans need to have changed.
Look at your plans in both ways...as you and as if it was your stuff people were taking...learn skills, like fishing hunting, trapping, even things like tanning deer hides using the brains.
It is truely amazing how much someone can do, with next to nothing if they just have the knowledge.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog

No I am a USMC with over a decade in active duty and SERE school...you all watch to much TV...a better one to see is survivorman...not evryone here is new to the prep game or the woods...a lot of you on this site are going to be in a lot of trouble if you have to bugg out or even if the SHTF...sheep

i have only just started watch man vs wild recintly but have read all versions of john 'lofty' wiseman's books but there you did brag stop

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
y thank you. stop complementing me and tell us ure game plans/strategys to surving the cataclysms to come. Do you how to catch rats and what is the best way to prepare rat. They are in abundance where I live.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I agree with you. I am a combat veteran myself and I see alot of the speculation going on this site as nothing but lip service. Nobody really knows what it would be like until it happens. Self sustaining and having the resources to protect what is yours is much easier said than done. Even for people with the proper training, preparations, instincts, and wits, an infinite number of scenarios can and will go wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Just FYI, we have had similar threads by folks living in rural areas before.
The unfortunate reality of the situation is that many people will head out from the cities, and will most likely come across your land. At that point its survival of the fittest, if you have something that a dying/starving person needs to survive they are going to do everything in their power to take it from you. Eventually you will run out of ammo, or be overwhelmed by a larger more heavy armed group, and they will take what they want from you. Having anything worth taking is going to make you a target in a SHTF situation. The only safe place to go would be in the opposite direction of the majority, which either means into a more dangerous environment, or into one where survival is much more difficult.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

TRUE... I can hardly believe what I read on here sometimes....I am able to handle anything life has thrown at me so far...I just don't quite get it with some of these people here.
They think paint ball is war or maybe they can get extra lives like in the video games that they play all the time...IDK...I just hope that some of them wake up sooner than later.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

i have only just started watch man vs wild recintly but have read all versions of john 'lofty' wiseman's books but there you did brag stop

Brag stop...if thats bragging ..damn your sheltered boy....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Just FYI, we have had similar threads by folks living in rural areas before.
The unfortunate reality of the situation is that many people will head out from the cities, and will most likely come across your land. At that point its survival of the fittest, if you have something that a dying/starving person needs to survive they are going to do everything in their power to take it from you. Eventually you will run out of ammo, or be overwhelmed by a larger more heavy armed group, and they will take what they want from you. Having anything worth taking is going to make you a target in a SHTF situation. The only safe place to go would be in the opposite direction of the majority, which either means into a more dangerous environment, or into one where survival is much more difficult.

dont wory about amo lots of arrows dont have slugs .22 snipers or that no cross bows eather

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

wow are you feeling ok...first off, there are no people around where I am at...none from the cities anyway...I don't live on a main road and you cannot see my house from the closest hard surface road...I think I am pretty safe with all I have.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
i live right inbetween 2 large food shops and nxt to a couple of petrol garages that sell food and alcohol etc... so if tshtf, then i will just raid these stores for all the canned goods,dry goods,cigarettes and alcohol that i can get my hands on.

i will have one big feast on fruit before it goes mouldy and the same goes for meat etc.. and when it all runs out i will eat my neighbours.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

wow are you feeling ok...first off, there are no people around where I am at...none from the cities anyway...I don't live on a main road and you cannot see my house from the closest hard surface road...I think I am pretty safe with all I have.

wow are you feeling ok...first off, there are not to many people around where I am at...one from the cities anyway...I live off a main road and you can see my house from the closest hard surface road...I think I am not to safe with all I have. i also have bows and arrows

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join