It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our world dying due to our actions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This is the first thread I have started in a while which looks at the sober reality of what the planet is facing due to the industrialization of the planet and what price such technological achievements are in terms of life.

First of all, I acknowledge we exist in the 6th largest mass extinction event in the history of this planet. If you do not know about it, here is the wiki link and my advice is get to know the reality of what we face: en.wikipedia.org...

Before BP and Fukushima, there was this major crisis on our hands relating to Bee's and Colony Collapse Disorder (2006). Here is that wiki link for those not in the know: en.wikipedia.org...

To this date, the Bee's are still dying and the collapse is still happening. Google colony collapse disorder on google, or google news to see it's still on going.

Einstein said it best, "If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live"

In 2005, only one reported mass die-off's of animals existed. By 2006 a few more reports occurred. By 2010 following the BP Oil Spill hundreds of mass animal die offs have been reported. 2010-2011 have been staggering years for millions of now deceased animals that once co-existed on planet Earth. Many speculate this is related to the BP Oil Spill and Corexit used to disperse the oil. The die-off numbers and patterns fit the Gulf of Mexico.

maps.google.com...

One just needs to look at the Gulf of Mexico to see a pattern here. It's not rocket science to draw a logical and intelligent conclusion that the BP oil spill and die-offs are interconnected and relative.

Now we have a new crises that likely dwarfs the BP Oil Spill in terms of long term environmental damages and that is our new friend Fukushima and all the radioactive waste now spreading across the entire planet. Radiation kills slowly over time and we may not know what 2014 will bring, but I guarantee you it will be lots and lots of cancer.

In my life on this planet, I have never seen it this bad. The nightmare scenario of the Holocene Extinction was bad enough, followed by CCD and the BP Spill. Fukushima is now claiming our air, water and food supply with radioactive concentrations of cancer causing isotopes. The likes of which we have never seen before. Plutonium-239 already detected since March 18th on the West Coast of North America.

Something that most people don't realize has been covered-up. This planet is dying, and the cause of it's death isn't natural disasters as one might think. It is the actions of Man that has sealed the planet's fate. Each of us contributors to it's slow demise.

Sad really, it was such a beautiful planet until humanity got greedy and over confident in it's own divergence from nature. Enjoy the last remaining "good" years if any. They are going the way of the do-do bird.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
We can destroy ecosystems, but the planet will always recover in time.
2nd

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
We can destroy ecosystems, but the planet will always recover in time.
2nd

It may take 10 million years but yes, as per every extinction event, life eventually recovered. I do not doubt that.

The question really is, will man survive? Or have we earned our own extinction?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Yes. Humans are killing the planet. Next question, can it be stopped? No. Next question, will everything die some day? Yes. Even the Universe? Yes. Is there anything more dangerous than human beings to worry about? Yes, go outside at night, look up, that big dark thing is called the Universe and it wants to kill us all. Any more questions?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
Yes. Humans are killing the planet. Next question, can it be stopped? No. Next question, will everything die some day? Yes. Even the Universe? Yes. Is there anything more dangerous than human beings to worry about? Yes, go outside at night, look up, that big dark thing is called the Universe and it wants to kill us all. Any more questions?

Even time wants to kill us. My sadness comes from seeing an amazingly intelligent species that dominates this planet who could be it's caretakers and see it through the toughest times choose instead to live dangerously and destroy the very planet that gave it life to begin with. It's a tragedy. We should be the stewards of the Earth, not the cancer that it has now. Humans can do much better but have chosen another path I guess.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Oh we have more than earned it IMO.
I don't want us all to die, but do we deserve it?
Yup.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I think man will survive but the numbers may dwindle significantly, either that or we move off this planet within the next 100 years or so. Maybe Earth will become a ghetto and some other planet will be advertised as some sort of eutopia for all the rich guys to live on.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
I think man will survive but the numbers may dwindle significantly, either that or we move off this planet within the next 100 years or so. Maybe Earth will become a ghetto and some other planet will be advertised as some sort of eutopia for all the rich guys to live on.

I do hope man does survive, I like humanity. The evolution that brought us to today is amazing. If we look at our own DNA and see how at any point that DNA that became us today could have as easily been killed. We are lucky to exist. It really is a gift.

When a species goes extinct, it is the entire evolutionary branch of a great tree of life that suddenly dies off. The DNA stops and that species is gone forever. My hope is that humanity survives and changes its ways putting it's efforts in healing and saving the planet rather then destroying it.

Regardless of doom, I always have hope. That comes from the fact that I do care and love this world on many deep levels. Wish I could do more to help it and us.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
As someone else said, earth will not die, many species may die (nearly all of them may) Man may not survive, but earth will, and it will recover.

If man does survive this, then the remaining need to remember this, so as not to repeat history.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
As someone else said, earth will not die, many species may die (nearly all of them may) Man may not survive, but earth will, and it will recover.

If man does survive this, then the remaining need to remember this, so as not to repeat history.

As long as the people who survive are not the people who created this mess in the first place.

Pointing long finger at TPTB...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
No, the world is not dying, come on, i know people doesn't like when a species go extinct and some people have a weird idea that all that happens is our fault and we are some kind of monster, but the facts are that disasters happens, species dies and life change, we are part of nature, what we do is part of nature, of course, we are a very invasive species, but others are too, we are not the first species that destroy other and we are not going to be the last, not here, not in other planet, is foolish to think we have an obligation to protect everything in planet earth because we can't do it, we must live, we need a lot of resources, so we must take them, it we don't them we are useless and dies of boredom.

The world will survive, we will survive, life will go on, after all, if we kill thousands of species, many millions more went extinct before we evolve, in perspective with that, we are not very harmful.

Btw, i love animals but im not trying to protect all life in planet earth because the natural cycle is one of extinction and evolution of new species.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

The planet is not going to die,not anytime soon.The species inhabiting the planet on the other hand will.Maybe the extreme weather,the earthquakes and volcanoes we are facing is the planet's defence mechanism to get rid of the disease called humans.
Unfortunatelly the rest inhabitants of the planet will be the collateral damage.

top topics

join