It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gadhafi backed efforts against al-Qaida: DND reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Great Article Report By the Vancouver Sun (like the Toronto Sun News)
Gadhafi backed actions terrorists DND Reports

When asked about the al-Qaida link to the rebels, NATO commander Adm. James Stavridis pointed out the leadership of the opposition forces is made up of "responsible men and women."

But then he went on to say.

But he added: "We have seen flickers in the intelligence of potential al-Qaida, Hezbollah."

Stavridis noted however he didn't have enough information to determine whether there is a significant al-Qaida presence among the rebels.

Stavridis Knows something that we dont.

Interesting part here

The report by the government's Integrated Threat Assessment Centre said "several Islamist insurgent groups" were based in eastern Libya and mosques in Benghazi were urging followers to fight in Iraq.

A Canadian intelligence report written in late 2009 also described the anti-Gadhafi stronghold of eastern Libya an "epicentre of Islamist extremism" and said "extremist cells" operated in the region. That is the region now being defended by a Canadian-led NATO coalition.

So any Pro-rebel or one sided news that you hear or see on either CNN,BBC,MSNBC abc take it with a Grain of salt

The western major news networks dont work for the public.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Does anyone remember America giving money which was matched by Saudi Arabia to an Islamic government in Pakistan who in-turn gave that money to radical Islamist anti-american sections of the Taliban rather than secular ones who were opposed to Islamism in order to fight the communist threat. it seems that in the effort of peace and stability the West's foresight is blinded by profit. Sort of like a dollar bill wrapped around there eyes. There is one thing for sureif there is only one thing you ever learn from history, make sure it is- that history is destined to repeat itself.

I'd also like to add that, Libya is one of the last few un-tapped possibilities for the corporate manipulated free market to establish itself in order to maximize the profit of multi-nationals. The Middle East is truly The New Latin America. Iraq was only a domino.
edit on 23-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It's like I posted in another thread,

Ghadaffi is like Saddam Hussein in one regard, he don't allow nor likes foreigners in his nation. Ghadaffi would've seen al-Qaida as a threat to Libya and have since banned them.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i cant understand how people believe that alqaida still exist, i believe that they are just saying that so that when they're finished with gaddafi there will be an excuse to invade libya and take their oil, its as simple as that in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
i cant understand how people believe that alqaida still exist, i believe that they are just saying that so that when they're finished with gaddafi there will be an excuse to invade libya and take their oil, its as simple as that in my opinion.

The agenda here is not about oil trust me on this, the Rebel group made a specific phone call on a specific line asking for help and they are getting it. The Rebel Alliance has already established an oil company to handle the oil which will remain under their exclusive control.

top topics

join