It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is "beaming"....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well, I've just looked at the SOHO Movie Theater, and the beam seems to be going out of the Sun, not into it. Have a look.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
its weird i post about this yesterday and not even close to same response as this one...but anyway star and flag bub for getting it noticed
edit on 23-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by spikester

hehe.. thanks

but you should press the "EX-TEXT" when you copy paste hold blocks of text from another site:
www.earth-issues.com...

O.K. found the button...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikester
reply to post by Vandalour

LASCO (Large Angle Spectrometric Coronagraph) is able to take images of the solar corona by blocking the light coming directly from the Sun with an occulter disk, creating an artificial eclipse within the instrument itself. The position of the solar disk is indicated in the images by the white circle. The most prominent feature of the corona are usually the coronal streamers, those nearly radial bands that can be seen both in C2 and C3. Occasionally, a coronal mass ejection can be seen being expelled away from the Sun and crossing the fields of view of both coronagraphs. The shadow crossing from the lower left corner to the center of the image is the support for the occulter disk.

C3 images have a larger field of view: They encompass 32 diameters of the Sun. To put this in perspective, the diameter of the images is 45 million kilometers (about 30 million miles) at the distance of the Sun, or half of the diameter of the orbit of Mercury. Many bright stars can be seen behind the Sun.
This is from the SOHO site, about photos....

edit on 23-4-2011 by spikester because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I thought these pictures might help to give a visual comparison for any one interested in comparing known solar phenomena with the OP's original...

The first is a typical Coronal mass ejection.

The second is solar wind.

Both are from SOHO.

To me the "beam" doesn't really look like either one...

Kev

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
According to the SOHO calendar, the craft went through maneuvers, including a 180° roll on April 22. It's also in the keyhole part of its orbit, with only limited telemetry available from April 18-25.

This is the answer everyone should be looking at. Star for you and i hope everyone see's this is the answer.
Because it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Official Statement of Claim

I hereby claim to be the first investigator to have identified a new form of divination: sohoscopy.

Sohoscopy is the act of interpreting images created by SOHO and other Sun-observing satellites in order to foretell the future (which is apparently full of catastrophic solar events, alien invasions and suchlike). Its practitioners use various arcane systems of interpretation, no two of which are alike; however, they all agree that scientific explanations of these solar images are erroneous (often, indeed, deliberate lies) and can be safely discounted.

That the sohoscopists’ own predictions to date have all proved false is, of course, no reflection on the accuracy or validity of their methods.

edit on 23/4/11 by Astyanax because: of official policy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I know right.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
HAARP now has warp capability. The NWO is altering the sun in order to bring Nibia into orbit sooner than 12/21/12, The Pole shift will begin in either Memphis or Yosemitie. Lordy, lordy the Bilderberg group has initiated the 4th Reich, please , please Mr Bigfoot, join with the bug eyed Aleins and protect us all before DHS and FEMA move us into the internment camps and issue us all trackable I-Phones. Plant the genetically engineered corn now, plant it now.....
edit on 23-4-2011 by MissingRonnieR because: Big Sis told me to

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I watched a stream for it.

The beam is going in, not out. Its a directed inwards beam. The stream is coded, symbol chunks like an xray filter and seems to Frequency directed at sun.

HAARP from us ,or one of those huge monster stations they secretly put in space, or from another source comes to mind.

what happens to the sun mirrors earth, ie. catastrophes can be done that way.

Do you have any idea how ELF/ULF waves behave. The whole reason HAARP is touted to "Create Earthquakes" by so many is that it bounces the waves off of the inside of our Ionosphere. We would have to blow a hole in the Ionosphere to blast the sun with FAARP. And it would not appear that big or uniform in SOHO images.
edit on 4/23/11 by kylioneXsushi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
HAARP now has warp capability. The NWO is altering the sun in order to bring Nibia into orbit sooner than 12/21/12, The Pole shift will begin in either Memphis or Yosemitie. Lordy, lordy the Bilderberg group has initiated the 4th Reich, please , please Mr Bigfoot, join with the bug eyed Aleins and protect us all before DHS and FEMA move us into the internment camps and issue us all trackable I-Phones. Plant the genetically engineered corn now, plant it now.....
edit on 23-4-2011 by MissingRonnieR because: Big Sis told me to

We suposed to laugh now ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OP,I wasn't going to say anything,
but that "beam" is normal.
Let ya'll figure it out.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Let ya'll figure it out.

It's the ocular shield/plate arm right?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Let ya'll figure it out.

Since you're making such a claim, I would hope you would deliver your knowledge right?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Anyone thought of a Black hole, that is beaming just like the one in Draco, that started on 28 March 2011.
I mentioned this blazar in Draco in my thread here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally I can't see any reason for the satellite to move or flipover. NASA has such a hard time keeping these satellites going, I would have thought they would just leave them well alone.

So the Sun can do a 360 and a 180 flip. So what? It obviously doesn't hurt us as it has happened before.
What I would like to know is WHY?

It's a SIGN of some sorts, but what is it heralding?

Peace, no disaster here (not yet.)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi

Personally I can't see any reason for the satellite to move or flipover. NASA has such a hard time keeping these satellites going, I would have thought they would just leave them well alone.
It does it to maintain communication with the Earth. The antenna has a limited range of motion. So the craft can continually point at the sun, but still have the antenna directed at Earth, it must do a 180º flip roughly every 3 months.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
And boom goes the dynamite.

Or, the most powerful force of nature within trillions of miles.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Nature doesn't produce straight lines so it's nothing.

Just the equipment producing artifacts.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

I think the thread is about the big flash, not the line on the screen, which is present in every LASCO 3 pictures.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I've emailed and asked the question. I'll post what I get back.

nataylor nailed it.

I emailed nrl.navy.mil and asked if the "lens shield" (couldn’t think of occulting disk) had slipped and got this back:

Hi P

No it's not a "lens shield" -- we don't have those. And nothing slipped. One of the keys to understanding what's going on here is to notice the location of the "pylon" -- the arm that holds the solid occulting disk in the center of the image. Notice that it's in the lower-left corner, then we have a data gap of a few hours, and then it's in the upper-right corner and straight away the images are looking a little odd. What happened here is we rotated SOHO by 180-degrees, as we do approximately every ~3-months. So this explains the pylon moving. The reason the images go kinda funky is because our data processing relies on using a "background model" to removed excess background brightness form the images and make our pictures look pretty, the way you see them. The raw, unprocessed files (which are freely and readily available online!) are a lot uglier than those nice blue or red ones you see online. So this background model I refer to is necessary for making the pretty pics, but to make a good background model we need at least 3-days of data at a given roll angle, otherwise we have to use an old model from a previous roll, or one from the same time the previous year, both of which are sub-optimal. Therefore, immediately after SOHO rolls, we are unable to make images that look as pretty as you are used to, and they will typically look either very bright, very dark, or a mixture of bright and dark areas. After a few days, we will have enough data to make our background model and we will go back and reprocess those files. The original, raw data files always remain unchanged though.

A large proportion of the strange-looking images that you see are a result of our automated processing software doing something weird with the data when we get bad images. So I always encourage people to locate the original raw data files and look at those before leaping to dramatic conclusions!

Happy to help out, as always!

Best wishes,
~~Karl

Thanks much Karl, you’ve been a big help, as always.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Posted deleted. It seems I replied before reading all the other replies.
edit on 4/24/2011 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join