It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012? 11/11/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I wonder what was predicted for 6/6/66.... I don't remember, I was just a kid. All sorts of horrible things I'm sure as the 666 always gets people going. 7/7/77? 9/9/99? And the Big 2000that was going to mean the end of tech, with all the computers breaking? No big deal. 1/1/11? Nothing. And adding this number, subtracting that.... blah blah blah. Two days ago was a prediction, felt in the guy's very bones,.... he was shaking, he was quaking, he told his brother, tried to rationalize the specific date with numerological mumbo jumbo, maybe some star charts, alignment of the planets.... yadda yadda yadda. Prediction after prediction, year in and year out.... disclosure, sun exploding, gravity disappearing, earthquakes, floods....... Pretty much a load of crap if you ask me. Nostrodamus? Vague words. Cacey? He seemed to do pretty well! But all the predictions in here have come to naught, as far as I can see. The last big one which just finished ended with over 55 pages of replies!!!!!!!!! Unless it happens on the West Coast (43 minutes left!), another prediction failure. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Maybe this forum should be changed to Predictions, Prophecies, and other Jokes. Oh well, on to better posts and threads to read!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What is the reason that you posted this Rant in the Prediction Forum instead of the Rant forum?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I can not think of anyone whose predictions have come true. Excluding, of course, vague ones.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The reason you don't remember what was predicted for them dates is because they didn't come true, like thousands upon thousands of other predictions that don't come true and are swept under the mat out of sight and out of mind.
Then when someone gets vaguely in the area of a 'hit' people jump up for joy and highlight it, put it up on a pedestal and it slowly gets twisted from a vague representation of an event to an accurate spooky 100% concrete out of this world prediction where the predictor becomes martyred and the whole surrounding and back story is changed to make it sound spectacular and out of this world.

Kinda like a spiritualist medium, keep throwing out vague clues until you get a hit then build it around the facts handed to you from the source then things all get a bit muddled up until the 'psychic' has suddenly been credited as being the producer of all the facts.
People see and hear what they want to see and hear, regardless of evidence of failure.
I have this argument a lot here, people just don't want to have the bubble burst, and sadly I often feel like I may leave because nobody is interested in simple logic and common sense, they want to live in a fairy tale of magic and mystery because to put it simply, its a hell of a lot more exciting, I just tend to get annoyed when its blatantly infringing on peoples mental health, which it certainly does, is it fair to step in if someone wants to believe in Santa Claus? ok it seems a bit harsh to burst the bubble but what if that Santa Claus was keeping a child scared and affecting their mental well being? That is certainly happening a lot on this site, regardless what anybody says, It is blatantly obvious to some of us who study psychology, THAT is when I tend to stick my nose in and offer the voice of reason and common sense and use logical deconstruction of things to remind people to take things with a pinch of salt, Yes most do anyway but some are clearly in need of a quick reminder of reality.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
What is the reason that you posted this Rant in the Prediction Forum instead of the Rant forum?

Yeah I have to agree here, if you have something to complain about/rant about put it in the appropriate section. I agree with the OP on the other hand, but still...put things where they belong

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Prediction:
This gets moved to Rants.

But people will see patterns and find meaning in what they want to.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Perhaps the Rant section would have been appropriate but the rant specifically is about this section, or rather the rash of predictions lately, and even more specifically, the recent one that had replies out to 56 pages. I find some of the old predictions interesting, like Fatima, parts of which are still secret. Edgar Cayce. I have found it interesting to read Nostradamus. Jeanne Dixon from years back.... but there are so many on our site that amount to nothing its funny/sad. Are they serious? Are they joking? How do they feel after their predictions don't come true? THAT part we never get to read about. Imagine, this person (if you read the thread from 2 days ago) who was shaking and physically affected by his feelings, calling his brother in heartfelt need to warn him.... what now? Does he no longer trust his instincts? Does he laugh it off? Does he question if he has been manipulated by outside sources? What about all these predictors that have their predictions come to naught? So, sorry if it seemed purely rant, but to me, well..... I guess I should have expressed some of these thoughts in the original post, but I still think this brings up something new for the forum. Post Prediction Failure Depression/Syndrome?
edit on 23-4-2011 by jaxnmarko because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
reply to post by BrokenCircles

the rant specifically is about this section, or rather the rash of predictions lately, and even more specifically, the recent one that had replies out to 56 pages.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

I was born on 11/6/66 and when the nurse handed me to my mother, she said "Here's Rosemary's Baby"

It's funny but true! LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hi,

I appreciate that the 11:11 phenomenon is being discussed at ATS. I have recently joined this forum. You might find my latest blog post to be of interest to you, as it directly addresses the 11:11 phenomenon through the lens of Project Blue Beam. Feel free to see my latest topic: David Sereda's "Blue Vapor or Cloud": He's The Voice of 11:11 - And MAYBE Project Blue Beam?!? (A Comparative Analysis - Part I)

I look forward to joining in on some lively discussions. Can't start a new thread yet as I am relatively new to ATS and need to hit that 20 post mark.

-Robert
thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

top topics

join