It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time 'stood still' .... ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I wasn't sure which section to place this ... sorry.

It's been really hot here in Essex, UK the last few days. I am a total heat junky so have given myself a few days off to 'charge my batteries'. Because of the heat we have been having the window open a bit more in our room and hubby has his blasted annoying fan on next to his side of the bed.
I woke up at one point and I was shivering, really shivering with cold, so I asked him to turn his fan off and we both snuggled down, him trying to cuddle me warm so I would stop shivering. I looked at the digital clock and it said 00:55.. We exchanged a few words and then fell asleep.

A while later I woke to some noise, lay there for a while listening but couldn't hear anything... sat up, looked at my clock and was shocked to see it was 00:55..... I frowned but assumed I had literally fallen a sleep and woke in the same few seconds.....

I lay there for a while thinking about some things that had happened over the last few days, my meeting with my ex planned for today and how I would colour my hair (it's multi coloured lol so yeah a hot topic between me and my insomniac brain on many a night !).. Eventually I drifted off to sleep only to be woken again by another noise... again I lay there ears tweaked to the max trying to locate what it might have been that woke me.... nothing.... I started to get up to go to the bathroom and looked at the clock... 00:55.... I assumed the digital clock had 'frozen' as it was impossible it could still be 00:55.... The time thinking about my hair alone took at least 5 minutes lmao!!

Then I sat there staring at the clock and began to feel a bit doubtful.. DO digital clocks freeze? As I was about to get up and use the age old cure to fix all things electrical by 'slapping' them ha ha ha... the clock changed to 00:56.
I went to the bathroom and told myself it had indeed froze and was now working again....

Woke up at 6am and couldn't get back to sleep so came down here to make a coffee.... I remembered the weird time anomaly from this morning and looked at my mobile and the kitchen clock... both said 06:05..... I walked upstairs to look at my bedroom digital display and it showed 06:06

I have googled and found nothing. I have searched on here and found nothing....

My question is... could my clock have frozen at 00:55.... kick-started itself again and then somehow found the correct time during the night? I find that doubtful as when we have a power cut it comes back as 12:12 and will flash on that time until someone resets it so I know it doesn't reset....

The only other time in my life 'time' acted weird was when I was 18 and imbibed in something I shouldn't have done, got into bed and during a thought time jumped 5 hours... THAT was 100% down to the 'something' in my system.

I was sober last night.... Unless they are lacing Yorkshire Teabags with '___'! Lol The most toxic substance I have used over the last 20 years has been Merlot Wine! Lol

ok... someone explain this to me as I can't seem to phathom it out!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
Woke up at 6am and couldn't get back to sleep so came down here to make a coffee....

I don't drink coffee.... lol not sure why I wrote that.. TEA I came down to make tea.. not that it makes a jot of difference to the story!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Apparently time isn't linear. I have made a normally 2 hr trip in 1 hr 15 min.

Here is some interesting reading

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
....Your post could be far shorter. This was all you had to say:

Could my digital clock have frozen at 00:55.... kick-started itself again and then somehow found the correct time during the night?

1) Yes, digital clocks can malfunction.
2) Unless your digital clock is hooked up the internet it cannot 'find' the correct time and readjust itself.
3) Time is relative and there's time fluctuations throughout the universe. But this can be ruled out because your clock was accurate with all the others as you discovered in the morning.
4) Conclusion: human error and likely déjà vu. You could have looked at the clock for the first time and saw "00:55" then thought you saw it twice--especially in a very tired state of mind.

For some reason, however, I have the feeling there will be several people posting in this thread trying to make something paranormal out of this conjecture....

edit on 23-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

yeah you ever notice how it takes longer to get to new places? and after you've been to that place enough you get to quicken time because you aren't processing as much new information on the way there because you know the surroundings better

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The closest I've ever come to anything like this is sometimes when I first put on a watch that has a sweep second hand, it appears frozen for a bit. And then funny enough it's almost as if the watch realizes it's being watched...pun intended, and the second hand starts moving. I'm not sure what goofy processing error of the mind to attribute that to, but I kind of doubt it is paranormal. Your situation, however, is more open to speculation.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Bless you... and you weren't rude, judgemental and condescending at all!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Is your name Hiro Nakamura by any chance?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The only explanation I can think of that makes any sense is that maybe you had one of those dreams where you dream that you have woken up, and then dream that you have woken up again, and then the third time you actually did wake up. I have had dreams like that a few times but usually when I do actually wake up, I know that the previous one or two times I was just dreaming that I woke up - these kind of dreams always leave me feeling disorientated and a bit sickly.

Dunno, just a suggestion

peace
J

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
....Your post could be far shorter. This was all you had to say:

Could my digital clock have frozen at 00:55.... kick-started itself again and then somehow found the correct time during the night?

1) Yes, digital clocks can malfunction.
2) Unless your digital clock is hooked up the internet it cannot 'find' the correct time and readjust itself.
3) Time is relative and there's time fluctuations throughout the universe. But this can be ruled out because your clock was accurate with all the others as you discovered in the morning.
4) Conclusion: human error and likely déjà vu. You could have looked at the clock for the first time and saw "00:55" then thought you saw it twice--especially in a very tired state of mind.

For some reason, however, I have the feeling there will be several people posting in this thread trying to make something paranormal out of this conjecture....

edit on 23-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

top topics

join