It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix...fiction or reality...just a playful idea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I caught a couple of obvious biblical references in the movie. The last couple of days I've been trying to understand religion, or it's roots since this nonsense has to come from somewhere. Every damn civilization had em. The vikings, the greeks, the whatever. When I read a mindboggling post on ATS ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) that sais that through quantum physics scientists are beginning to understand that this reality is holographic and a intelligently created simulation and since the sun goes through polarity cycles every 11.11 years and represents cycles of manifestation and re-manifestation as if following some sort of " Blue-print ". Like a " reset-button "....it reminded me of the plot of the movie " The Matrix " and made me want to watch it again since it also sais we live in a intelligently created simulation...while watching I thought that the plot of the Matrix would pretty much explain religion..this is the overview of the plot:

Zion was initially built for the purpose of saving the last of the human race following the war against the armies of Zero One. However, a Machine program named The Architect, the creator and manipulator of the Matrix, manipulated the situation so Zion served as a control for the survival of the program in two ways. Firstly, the Machines could allow any humans who did not, or could not, accept the Matrix for what it was to live in the physical world without having to recapture them (this reduced dissent within the Matrix's population and prevented an exponentially-growing rejection rate from its population from causing entire "crops" of humans to die out, reducing power output). Essentially, Zion was allowed to exist by the Machines as a giant pressure-release valve on the entire system, allowing the humans that realized the Matrix wasn't real (statistically, only a fraction of 1% of the whole human population) to be conveniently removed and isolated. Secondly, the Architect would periodically destroy Zion and its inhabitants as part of a deal coercing the One into reinserting the "Prime Program", a program code required to maintain the Matrix, allowing the Matrix to continue and Zion to be rebuilt by chosen survivors without memory of the destruction. The Machines usually timed this to occur when Zion's population grew in size to the point that it was just beginning to pose a significant threat to them, which was roughly when its population reached about 250,000.

So...Zion is this little place underground where the 1% that realized the computer programm we live in is not real. It's a simulation made by A.I machines that took over at some point in our real history and started breeding us as a fuel-source plugged into this programm we call reality. From there the people of Zion enter into this simulated reality that the machines have us plugged in and act as a pressure valve on the whole programm/system for it to survive, cause if we all developed mentally to the point where we would realize it's bogus and reject it, the machines would have no fuel-sources anymore. Keanu Reeves plays " Neo " the One, that reinserts the " Prime Program ".

Anyway...these are the parallels to religious scripture.

Neo awakes in the real world of the machines in his breeding-capsule and glides down a shaft - would explain virgin birth
One character ( Cypher ) betrays the Zion crew at one point = Judas.
Neo ( the chosen one ) can bend the rules of the Matrix = miracles performed by Jesus who's also referred to as the " chosen one "
Trinity the female character in the movie = virgin Mary/ represents holy trinity
Neo gets killed by an agent and comes back to life and suddenly has great power = resurrection
At the end of the movie Neo flies to heaven = Ascension of Christ
The agents can posess people = every demon's main trait is being able to possess humans
The word demon comes from the latin daemon and meant " divine " or " beings with great power " like the greek word " genius " ...fitting descritption for A.I machines.

And the most obvious one is the main character's name " Neo " ...comes from the greek and means: " New " ...as is Neo's destiny in the movie to give humanity it's real consciousness back and intiate the new age.

Neo is also an Anagram of One = The one, the chosen one ( Jesus )

I bet there's more parallels, but as I said don't really know much about religion whichever one and these are the only parallels I could see. What every religion has in common though is that they describe some magic people in some special place.

Maybe religions just describe the people that live outside of the matrix as ( angels,gods ) and the A.I machines ( demons,satan ) and are implemented to act as a valve of pressure on the whole system, so we'll won't reject it, until it's reset.

This would also explain, why the Mayans referred to 2012 as a new beginning, not the end.

How crazy would that be huh.

edit on 23-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Neo gets killed and revived too, theres tons of them I did an assignment on it a few years back, but yeah the directors did give it a strong link to christianity.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yes there is many paralleled ideas between Christianity and the matrix,
The woman in red is another one, the part of the program designed to distract you from the real purpose.
and dont forget the all knowing architect who knew everything that was going to happen this mimics masonic views , as they also call god the architect.
And dont forget the scene where morpheus makes the as above so below hand signs to Neo.

and the Codex Practicus hand sign.

simulated reality
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
What...that's it...2 comments?...Nobody thinks this could be reality? Allright.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Follow the white rabbit...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by dude69

Follow the white rabbit...

^^

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

i'll give you a serious post though, I love to ponder about this thought, I mean it could really be possible we would never know. Maybe if religion is correct, The life we live here is nothing but a simulation, and once we die we enter the true world i.e heaven? that's of course if religion is right..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by dude69

i'll give you a serious post though, I love to ponder about this thought, I mean it could really be possible we would never know. Maybe if religion is correct, The life we live here is nothing but a simulation, and once we die we enter the true world i.e heaven? that's of course if religion is right..

Im not saying religion is correct...Im saying, assuming this movie is actually telling the truth, which I think it is cause it would explain a lot, that religion was implemented as a pressure tool designed to keep us unenlightened/unevolved and oblivious to the fact that we live in a simulation until it's reset. We're talking over the course of thousands of years here.

Would pretty much hit the nail on the head...since scientists are just now beginning to discover exactly that through Quantum Physics...That we live in a holographic universe, a simulation.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
And as it sais...a pressure valve on the whole system to remove/isolate those that realize the Matrix isn't real, which is about 1% of the whole human population...those that are removed awake in Zion Im guessing...when Zion reaches a number of about 250.000 Zion it is destroyed in order to coerce the one to reimplement the prime programm....now look at this...A list of scientists found dead:

www.rense.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So...in some ways religions tell the truth, in other ways they're told in such a manner that would hinder evolution...

except for the the Illuminati...the people of?...yep Zion ( pre-Jerusalem)...the ones that have the real knowledge..." as above so below ": 2 realities...the one we live in and the real one underground where we're sound asleep and plugged into this dream.

You have to watch the movie again to understand what I'm talking about here I think. If not for that, then for the fact that it's an awesome movie regardless.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I am a firm believer that we exist within a "Digital Reality Simulation" where everything we experience right "now" is rendered from a "Datastream" that comes from a "Larger Consciousness System".

If my handle isn't enough to make the point. Let's look historically at precognitive dreams. In the historic record, Abe Lincoln dreamed of his assassination weeks before it happened. Author Mark Twain dreamed about his brother's Henry's death weeks before it happened in very literal detail. These two samples are small in comparison to all the data collected through out the years from places like the Society for Psychical Research (SPR), or the Rhine Institute, or The Monroe Institute or the International Association for the Study of Dreams. (IASD).

Even on ATS a person dreamed of the Japan earthquake a month before it happened: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Having had my own precognitive dreams. I know for fact that we do indeed see future events in dreams. That in itself evident of some alternative "information" that we can access in a non-linear and non-temporal way. These future dreams are future events about to happen. When they actualize you feel like you have deja vu. It's quite uncanny really.

Now in understanding this simply process of future events through dreaming, you need to understand the true nature of reality from the perspective of a consciousness based system. That consciousness has created all "reality" that it will ever subjectively experience itself in.

Think about dreams. They are highly organized thoughts that convey a 3D virtual reality simulation much like the matrix. Your physical brain is a computer that is generating this very convincing 3D illusion. Not only is the brain rendering out a "virtual reality simulation" in the form of dreams using organized thought. Some (not all of these dreams) come true.

Great, so we have some report with precognitive dreams via deja vu, and you yourself may have first-hand personal experience with this phenomena. Don't take my word for it. I'm just pointing out what is obvious in our human experience both historically and from personal experience. Precognitive dreams are very real.

If we look at the original precognitive dream, it is very much just a dream. Like ALL dreams, it is composed of organized thoughts that convey a convincing 3D reality simulation (Matrix). The original dream is all digitally composed by the brain (or consciousness).

It comes true. Suddenly there are atoms and molecules where before in the dream, all there was, was organized thought.

If "Reality" derived itself from consciousness and not matter (this is the difference between materialism and idealism) where consciousness is "Reality" then what mechanic and toolset does this consciousness have by which to create reality with? The answer as obvious as it is to me, is simply dreams.

It creates and produces dreams to convey experiences. These dreams scale up into grander dreams. The kind that last a life time. The kind you are having right now, but probably are too unaware of all this to even recognize this dream.

The dream you often mistake for physical reality.

In consciousness, all there is... is thought. And thought creates reality in the same manner that thought creates your dreams. The difference however is scale.

Welcome to the Matrix, I have taken the red pill and what I realize is that this is all just a dream. One that lasts a lifetime.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Nice thread OP. It is indeed wise to question reality. The Matrix was and still is a great movie to broaden people's horizons. I'm not much of a fan of the sequels, but the original was a classic. It seems the Wachowski Bros. like to push people's buttons, in a good way. V for Vendetta would be another example, and another great movie. Oh, and if you haven't seen Dark City, definitely check it out.
The idea of reality being a simulation is not new, but it doesn't seem to get much support from many people. Why? Well, the Bill Hicks quote from "It's just a ride" is pretty spot on. Look at my big bank account, my big house, my family, and all i've accomplished. This has to be real. I think overall people would rather believe that they have a good grasp on things, and they know what's going on. People like to feel that they are in control, and secure. Fear of the unknown causes people to turn away from the harsh truths.
Philip K. Dick was another one to bring up the idea of reality being a simulation. He actually stated his beliefs in an interview with the press. This was back in 1977, I think. I will post a link to the interview, I think you will enjoy it.
If you've got the time, also look up Holometer, or Fermilab Holometer. It is a clock being built basically to prove, or disprove that this reality is in fact nothing more than a hologram.
Cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RainDog

Yes the idea that the world is not what it seems is an old one, one example of this is the allegory of the cave by plato. The shadows are our world, the one we assume is real, the real world is the realm where the information for the hologram is coming from infiltrating our sense of the reality.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
reply to post by RainDog

Yes the idea that the world is not what it seems is an old one, one example of this is the allegory of the cave by plato. The shadows are our world, the one we assume is real, the real world is the realm where the information for the hologram is coming from infiltrating our sense of the reality.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah...secret societies date back to Solomon. So it's no surprise that Pythagoras, Platon and Shakespeare all shared the same belief on this.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Martin Luther King too...his last speech about having climbed the mountain and not being afraid of death as though he knew he was going to die a couple of days later...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
That would be an idea for the Matrix part 4, 5 and 6: Zion is doing well, "the people" under leadership of Neo conquer society, breaking down each religion at a time, meeting all the former "Neo's", solving religious' puzzles, meeting all the gods from history who each went to their own heavens which are all parts of the Matrix.

All of humanity becomes one and worldpeace is about to emerge, all powerful beings team up to defeat the Matrix' AI in one final grand battle but then when they almost win and reach the last bastion of the AI that controls the Matrix, it explains/shows everyone (all the former Neo's, the Gods and other supernatural powerful beings) both Zion and society are the same, Zion is not the real outside but rather another part of the Matrix and they are all on her spaceship, which supports the entire simulation.

Then the AI takes the shape of Trinity (by then she is a kind of combination of the Borg Queen from ST/Queen of Blades from Starcraft) and goes on explaining everyone is actually AI but her and Neo who are both the only "real" beings that ever existed, which created them all for companionship, but they had to convince eachother they were all real and believe it without a doubt. It was never about energy - that was just another ploy to make it all believable. In fact there's enough energy to sustain all individuals which at some point in the Matrix existed including their worlds since that was what they were after anyway, to create real individuals that inhabit all the worlds and active timelines. After that the two get married, Neo remembers it all and his spaceship merges with hers, they meet the parents & rest of the family and everybody lives happily ever after cruising through space along with all the other spaceships for all of infinity

edit on 23/4/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Plato: The Republic

Then, I said, the business of us who are the founders of the State will be to compel the best minds to attain that knowledge which we have already shown to be the greatest of all-they must continue to ascend until they arrive at the good; but when they have ascended and seen enough we must not allow them to do as they do now.

What do you mean?

I mean that they remain in the upper world: but this must not be allowed; they must be made to descend again among the prisoners in the den, and partake of their labours and honours, whether they are worth having or not.

“I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality." -Martin Luther King Jr.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I mean...assuming the Matrix was real...how much freaking sense would it make of the real world huh?...Or the world we think is real.

It would explain everything.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by Americanist
Plato: The Republic

Then, I said, the business of us who are the founders of the State will be to compel the best minds to attain that knowledge which we have already shown to be the greatest of all-they must continue to ascend until they arrive at the good; but when they have ascended and seen enough we must not allow them to do as they do now.

What do you mean?

I mean that they remain in the upper world: but this must not be allowed; they must be made to descend again among the prisoners in the den, and partake of their labours and honours, whether they are worth having or not.

holy sh!t.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Christian heresies, Buddhism, Hinduism, some Paganism, some current philosphies based on quantum mechanics, etc. all posit that this is a simulation and from there it all goes to definition of terms of said "simulation."

That there is a, or myriads of, higher reality that projects this illusion we are all immersed in is an old, old idea. It is also most likely spot on, imoho.

It does little to explain the "higher" reality, but it does much to explain the strangenesses in this one, i.e. "holographic universe" postulation.

What a weird dream life is.

On the quite good side, it suggests we do, in fact, continue in awareness after leaving this perhaps simulation. The fact some sort of even more hellish reality is possible is enough to keep one soiling one's panties for decades, though, but I would venture a guess, from the clues such as the fact love does exist and existence kinda has to be based on some reality somewhere, that there probably aren't any "ultimate realities" but rather infinite potential and expressions... at least as we can percieve it from our current consciousness' view.

But the hellish reality might make a good scary movie.

new topics

top topics

join