It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crucifixion rite: 24 nailed to crosses to re-enact Jesus Christ's suffering

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle

Crucifixion rite: 24 nailed to crosses to re-enact Jesus Christ's suffering

www.guardian.co.uk

At least 24 Filipinos were nailed to crosses to re-enact Jesus Christ's suffering in a Good Friday rite rejected by Catholic church leaders but witnessed by throngs of believers and thousands of tourists.

Ruben Enaje, a 50-year-old sign painter, screamed in pain as villagers dressed as Roman centurions hammered four-inch stainless steel nails through his palms and set him aloft on a cross under a brutal sun in San Pedro Cutud in Pampanga.

(visit the link for the full news article)

I read about this too, there were also some that were were flagellating themselves with whips, then they had their hands ties behind their backs, while laying face down on the ground in front of some places of worship
and repenting it said, it also said that the whole thing was being done for atonement of their sins..

It all seems bizarre to me, since Jesus is the only one that can atone for sins, it's like they are taking hail mary's to the extreme. it also seems like they think that what Jesus did was not enough.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by Danbones

I find it rather intresting how you mock the Lord, and how you use the same name a demon used for him in a well documented exorcism. You have real issues...

Yeah, they come out the woodwork around here when ever the thread title has the words Jesus,God,Lord,Christ,
Rapture or anything else that gets their personal demons spooked,but don't forget,that for every word they will give an account.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
This is exactly what Jesus would have wanted. People to suffer in an idiotic and stupid way just because he did.

Seriously, this is really a dumb ritual by ill minded people who obviously don't get it.

Nope, You need to hear the stories from the actors who have done this in films. God was not happy and they will never do that again as they all have had bad things happen when they had to hang from the cross for a film.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This reminds me of a video clip I watched recently...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
They have been conducting this ritual for several years.
Misinterpretation of The Bible

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

I wonder if they could re-enact resurrection?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
wow idiocracy climbs to new heights lol

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
After reading this I thank God for making me a Pagan*
This way I only have to be nice to people, be charitable, and try to be a good person without drinking mock blood, eating mock skin, and getting nailed to boards. Yay me!

*pun intended

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Spock: I'm frequently appalled by the low regard you Earthmen have for life.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join