It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crucifixion rite: 24 nailed to crosses to re-enact Jesus Christ's suffering

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Crucifixion rite: 24 nailed to crosses to re-enact Jesus Christ's suffering

www.guardian.co.uk

At least 24 Filipinos were nailed to crosses to re-enact Jesus Christ's suffering in a Good Friday rite rejected by Catholic church leaders but witnessed by throngs of believers and thousands of tourists.

Ruben Enaje, a 50-year-old sign painter, screamed in pain as villagers dressed as Roman centurions hammered four-inch stainless steel nails through his palms and set him aloft on a cross under a brutal sun in San Pedro Cutud in Pampanga.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7de5777a9e4.jpg[/atsimg]

I really dont see the need for this behavior, Im sure they did gain a better understanding of Christs suffering. I think it is more then sufficient to simply imagine the pain he endured for mankind, and to be grateful that he did so.

I wonder what everyone else thinks of this? Does anyone see this as good for any reason?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
Video
ca.news.yahoo.com...=%252Fvideo%252Fworld-22186928%252Fpope-talks-to- public-in-rare-tv-show-25000851.html
edit on 23-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It is being done in a black op country run by extreme negatives. Saturn. This is obsene and a sign of hellzone.
Nothing to do with Christ Jesus who was unconditional and kindness. Negatives. I'm not referring to the poor souls duped or forced into this.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Wow...In my opinion I don't see a need for it...but whatever floats your boat I guess..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Im sure they gained a better understanding of "some of the pain"
He endured soooo much more than just 4 inch nails in his hands though
They didnt have to do this,its why he did it....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Theyve been doing this for many many years.....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

you're right.
and this is religion, particularly roman catholics, at its worst manipulative power over centuries old believers, who never had the chance to regain themselves.
Jose Rizal, the guy they made their hero, wasn't the first to fall from the tyranny of the Spanish Religious Clergy.
church and the state then was one and the same and somehow up to now the church still holds the upper hand.

Pilipinas , when will you ever learn?

The Castillans made you believed in a religion (for 400 years) that they've loathed for some time now, the japs they tried to annihilate you, and the yanks stripped you of whatever dignity that's left of you ,please wake up.

you have the best democratic form of governance, make sense of it....

forget religion, thats what made the whole thing worse than ever....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Monkey see, monkey do.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Wonder how many Christians there would be if THAT was part of the requirement?

As opposed to the whole hot tub dunking, grape juice drinking, and wafer eating thing.

I'm guessing not many.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Seems like a very brutal practice, whilst I cannot say I think it is the best, safest way to remember the sacrifice of Jesus (whether you believe it or not) in a way I can respect the devotion they have to their faith. I mean not many people would be willing to suffer as they do to show how strong their belief in something was.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Why don't people focus on his life not his death.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

His death gives life to all that follow his ways, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Lovely!

Another charming memory for the christian religion.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Well as you may or may not know today is good friday, its not like I dont dwell upon the life of Christ.
I dont think it is ever wrong to think about his sacrifice though, unless for some odd reason you would be taking pleasure in imagining his suffering and death. Then again he beat death, so I guess for someone to do that thier pleasure would be short lived.

So pondering the life and death of Christ if it brings you closer to him are just as good as the other, and nothing better then having the whole story I would say...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

Because Christians believe he died for their sins so his suffering and death is very important. Sure, many people don't focus on his message but his suffering is as important. Nothing wrong with the picture above. Christians, if they call themselves that, need to be reminded WHY they believe in Christ.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I am not sure why this is getting attention all of a sudden. These people have been doing it for several years.

Live and let live I say.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Nothing new really.... And I don't think that they do it right anyways. A nail through the hand is way easier to take than a nail through the wrist bone. Did they also get whipped, and humiliated, and have a thorn crown shoved onto their heads? If you wanna relive things that supposedly happened, you oughta do it right eh?

edit on Sat, 23 Apr 2011 02:06:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Well Jesus endured a great deal indeed and these people came no where near his suffering, I think most of them would have died of shock from the flagrum tearing off thier flesh. Your point of the nail placement is indeed another good point for the romans used large spikes and did place it right above the wrist so as to hit a major nerve. Medical experts say the pain from this is extreme, you can see further proof of this on the shroud of turin, it causes the thumbs to contract inwards on the palm and leads to constant cramping. Lets not forget the savage blows and constant mocking riegned upon him either. Or the Lance that pierced his side completing his sacrifice...

So thank you Jesus

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Even though Christ asked us not to celebrate his birth. But ye his death? I don't see how those hanging on the cross would call this a celebration. Stick closely to what God says. No I don't think this is anything really accept a waste. And possibly a mocking of the lord.

Flagged and Starred
edit on 23-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is exactly what Jesus would have wanted. People to suffer in an idiotic and stupid way just because he did.

Seriously, this is really a dumb ritual by ill minded people who obviously don't get it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join