It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead sharks washing up in Redwood City, CA (near San Francisco Bay)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Oh boy....this can't be a good thing considering Redwood City is very close to a certain major fault line that is talked about quite a bit on this forum:

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com... eopard-sharks-found-in-redwood-city-lagoons/

edit on 23-4-2011 by Disconnected Sociopath because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

no, not good...but you would think other smaller fish would also be dead,

especially if it was low oxygen or a pollutant

we shall see

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Why would dead sharks have to do anything with a fault line? I would be guessing a deadly dose of radiation from Fukushima, but thats just me speculating.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Cannot image this is good news or a good omen in any way shape or form. In my very amateur opinion it is either being caused by Geologic activity (as you mentioned) or has in some way to do with radiation from Fukushima. I found this interesting from the article and pretty much sums up my amateur opinion.

"Canals that regulate tide flow may be preventing the sharks, which usually grow about five feet long, from escaping some kind of toxic discharge or other manmade pollution source, said Sean Van Sommeran with the Pelagic Shark Research Foundation in Santa Cruz."
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Toxic discharge? Or manmade pollution source? Oh.. like various forms of radiation??

To the person who asked why sharks as opposed to fish? I believe sharks are extra sensitive to environment if I remember correctly.
edit on 23-4-2011 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Actually, that was one of the cities that received a tsunami warning on Mar 11.

redwoodcity.patch.com...

Things that make you go "hmmm..."

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TraptInTheSystem
Why would dead sharks have to do anything with a fault line? I would be guessing a deadly dose of radiation from Fukushima, but thats just me speculating.

This is signifincant because I'm pretty sure the San Andreas fault runs directly beneath this area in San Francisco Bay where these dead sharks are washing up.

Also important to note that there have been over a dozen of these sharks that have been found the last few days.

This could be a clear sign that the San Andreas or one of the other surrounding faults is getting ready to unload a major EQ - there was a small 3.4 quake in that area a few days ago as well on the annivery of the 1906 megaquake, may have been a forshock

But then again maybe it's nothing, or could be a result of the radiation from Japan as well like you alluded to.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

Yes, but I still don't understand how the sharks could die from and earthquake, unless from trauma or the interference with their senses.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Sharks have electromagentic sensors in their nose maybe some sort of electromagnetic disturbance caused them to swim to far inland and die on shore?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Yeah according to this www.newworldencyclopedia.org... article on sharks they are the most electrically sensitive animals known. They detect and are guided by the natural electric fields of the earth. But could this sensitivity kill them? We do know earthquakes release electric charge, right? Some people have reported experiencing extra static electricity prior to a quake. And sometimes we get earthquake lights. So could shark deaths be due to the electricity released prior to a quake? I'm asking, I don't have even enough knowledge to put this out as decent conjecture.

Otherwise I have to wonder if the poor things got nuked by the Fukushima disaster.

Whatever the cause, it's another sad loss of wildlife.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Was this anywhere close to where the fish die off happened this pat week? I hope they test for radiation level in these sharks, not that MSM would ever let us know if that was the cause.

new topics

top topics

join