It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Earth Day Ends- Obama's 53,300 Gallon Trip...

page: 1
20
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
www.usnews.com...


snippet"
President Obama declared today's 41st annual Earth Day proof of America's ecological and conservation spirit—then completed a three-day campaign-style trip logging 10,666 miles on Air Force One, eating up some 53,300 gallons at a cost of about $180,000. And that doesn't include the fuel consumption of his helicopter, limo, or the 29 other vehicles that travel with that car.""

I can hear his voice in my head from an ad on T.V. " we must reduce our carbon emissions"

i wish he would just stop his
Verbal Emissions ..!



Obama's three-day tour. He started at the White House on Wednesday, flew out of Andrews Air Force Base and ended up in San Francisco. On Thursday, he flew to Reno and ended the day in Los Angeles. Today, he flew home, via Andrews Air Force Base.

According to the mileage calculator on webflyer.com, those trips total 10,666 air miles. Published reports say that Boeing 747s similar to Air Force One burn about 5 gallons per mile. With companies like Jet Blue now paying $3.37 a gallon, that’s a total fuel cost of $179,621.


i cant stand it,,,, all the wasted money,, time,,, hopes of the people... for what?

everyone wanted change,,,, but to me,, It's the same old hypocrisy ,,
do as i say,, cause its good for they,, and i'll do as i see,, it's good for me...


friday night,,, i'm upset.... earth day....... didn't get my free coffee at Starbucks.....



hasent the president heard of ...TELE-CONFERENCING ????











posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I just stayed home and telconferenced in the corner in the dark-

Like all of Scumby's buddies.



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yeah Hussein is a hypocrite, as are all governments. Cant wait for TSHTF!
S+F cool post



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's all a game of "do as I say not as I do" to the elite, don't you know that by now?

It's not THEIR fault that things are the way they are. That's the responsibility of the peons.

We peons turned off our power for an hour when Earth Hour came about... did they? Suuuuure....

The rotten tree bears bad fruit. Look at the fruits these guys create.



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
He is the President of the United States and one of his roles is to represent our country around the world. That costs money, alot of money, but all the pompus and everything that goes with it is important.

Things you might not consider important, like reagan refusing to wear a jacket with his first meeting with Gorbachav, and greeting him outside in freezing weather, do have effects.

You don't want our president flying in on a 2 seater plane wearing a flannel shirt and ripped up jeans.

Like it or not trips like this are important and represent us so should be taken in high stride.

Also there should be nothing left out when it comes to a presidents security and that carry's quite a hefty price tag also.

The actual money this trip costs doesn't even make a blip on the national debt so relax.



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
great....and i'm freaking out because i have to drive 7 hours monday...which will run me over a hundred bucks.

i'm sure he didn't bat an eye at the expense. I can't say anything else about this in a public forum



posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32
 


i don't think going to san fran and reno are quite the same as meeting gorbachev at the peak of the cold war....but thanks anyway



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman
 


At least he could have planted a tree somewhere!!!!!

I apologize for my sarcastic humor.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
He is the President of the United States and one of his roles is to represent our country around the world. That costs money, alot of money, but all the pompus and everything that goes with it is important.

Things you might not consider important, like reagan refusing to wear a jacket with his first meeting with Gorbachav, and greeting him outside in freezing weather, do have effects.

You don't want our president flying in on a 2 seater plane wearing a flannel shirt and ripped up jeans.

Like it or not trips like this are important and represent us so should be taken in high stride.

Also there should be nothing left out when it comes to a presidents security and that carry's quite a hefty price tag also.

The actual money this trip costs doesn't even make a blip on the national debt so relax.




like many,, you missed the point,, i wasn't about the CASH,, we all have cash.. it was the CARBON released,,,, ON earthday..... that is what is sooo dumb..


get it?



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman
 


Yea, but who has time to worry about our only home, when there's bullsh** that needs to be spread?..psh obama what a joke.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What? they used the engines? I thought when he was on AF1 that the thing just levitated into the sky carried by the wonderfulnifferenceness of what Hope & Change can do! They actually had to use the engines? No foolin?
Man, Fooled us all again didn't they!



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by darrman
 


At least he could have planted a tree somewhere!!!!!

I apologize for my sarcastic humor.




right on kyred..... good point...!



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32
 


You do realize that this was not an international trip, nor was he representing the U.S. this trip, don't you? This was purely a 3 city fund raising trip. This right after his pronouncement of his intention to "probe what's behind high gas prices".
edit on 23/4/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
like many,, you missed the point,, i wasn't about the CASH,, we all have cash.. it was the CARBON released,,,, ON earthday..... that is what is sooo dumb..


I disagree, I think it's about both...



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman
 


'never listen to what they say, just watch what they do'

then it all make sense and you don't get angry (for having been listening)



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX
 


hmm good advice//



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Obamas like "It's kool my homies in the middle class got this tab"



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman
 


still upset,,, ///\\\ Angry,, about this....

the gall the GALL!!!



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

We peons turned off our power for an hour when Earth Hour came about... did they? Suuuuure....



i celebrate earth day every day for 8 hrs every night when i turn off all the lights and t.v.'s and go to sleep.



edit on 23-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
20
<<   2 >>

log in

join